Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#447707 - 08/09/08 08:33 PM Re: Third Party Cantidate? [Re: 4Salt]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Krijack - Norm Dicks is the one who was pushing for all hatchery salmon to be marked. I believe he's had something to do with Mitchell Act funding as well.

Hank - Very well put! You see... when you push all of the partisan BS aside... TRUE conservatives and liberals aren't really all that far apart.

Now THAT, would be an interesting comparison. Off hand, I cant think of any serious contenders, but for a little fun, lets try Robert Novak and Ted Kennedy. They have some things in common, like brain tumors and car accidents. Its also hard to shut either one of them up very easily. Anyone else come to mind?

#447710 - 08/09/08 08:43 PM Re: Third Party Cantidate? [Re: Irie]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Irie
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Coherent and intelligent written by someone other than her. She doesn't have the brain cells that are required for saying anything thought provoking.

Of course not. She's never had to do jacksh*t her whole life, lived off the dividends and profit of other's labor, and has had underpaid workers take care of her her whole entire life. She's the epitome of the republican ideal.

Come on Irie, there must be some rich democrats that we admire for the same reason. How about the Kennedys?
That deal on booze the old man sealed up years ago really paid off. I dont buy hard liquor, forgive me the exact beverage, they had the market cornered on.

I guess Im related to Andrew Carnagie, who did well with railroads and donated money for public libraries.

#447760 - 08/10/08 03:52 PM Re: Third Party Cantidate? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

I guess Im related to Andrew Carnagie, who did well with railroads and donated money for public libraries.

Carnegie's philanthropy was only due to the fact that he suffered massive PR damage for ordering tents full of women and children machine gunned and torched during the Homestead Strike.
doh

"Nothing. . . in all my life, before or since, wounded me so deeply," he wrote in his autobiography. "No pangs remain of any wound received in my business career save that of Homestead."--Andrew Carnegie

#447776 - 08/10/08 07:16 PM Re: Third Party Cantidate? [Re: Irie]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carnegie/peopleevents/pande04.html

"It's easy to say that Carnegie was a hypocrite," states historian Joseph Frazier Wall. "And there is an element of hypocrisy clearly in between what he said and what was done. But it's a little too easy to simply dismiss the whole incident on Carnegie's part as an act of hypocrisy. There is this curious reason as to why Carnegie felt it necessary to even enunciate the rights of labor. Frick was the norm, not Carnegie, in management's relationship with labor at that time. And, one can only answer that, once again, it's being torn between wanting to pose as a great democrat and liberal and at the same time wanting to make sure Carnegie Steel came out on top."

http://mobile.biography.com/detail.jsp?key=34572&rc=eb&p=0

The conflict between the workers and local managers turned violent after the managers called in guards to break up the union. While Carnegie was away at the time of strike, he was still held accountable for his managers' actions by many.

Carnegie, an avid reader for much of his life, donated approximately $5 million to the New York Public Library so that the library could open several branches in 1901. Devoted to learning, he established the Carnegie Institute of Technology in Pittsburgh, which is now known as Carnegie-Mellon University in 1904. The next year he created the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in 1905.

"Carnegie's philanthropy was only due to the fact that he suffered massive PR damage for ordering tents full of women and children machine gunned and torched during the Homestead Strike." Irie

Wrong guy, whats your excuse?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 258 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |