THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450322 - 08/29/08 02:29 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
This talk won't matter much...for several reasons...

1. Outside of the PNW, people don't give a rat's ass about environmental issues in the PNW. They don't care about the Pebble Mine, they don't care about fishing, and the only salmon they care about are the ones that end up on their plate when out to eat at restaurants...and they're happy with farmed Atlantic Salmon from Argentina.

2. Within the PNW, right wingers, even so-called "outdoorsmen", don't seem to mind voting over and over again for the very politicos that are owned, part and parcel, by the industries that seek to destroy their outdoorsy way of life.

It baffles me why they continue to do this...I mean, they know damn well they're doing it, and they do it anyway. They even go with the "Sportsmen for Bush!" bumper stickers and the like...and frankly, you can't get much more retarded than that.

Yeah, they're pro gun rights...but no one, and I mean NO ONE is looking to take away anyone's hunting rifles or shotguns...NO ONE...no matter what those lying sacks in the NRA tell you. There are no politicians running for any office of any consequence who have any interest whatsoever in doing that.

None.

What good is the right to carry an assault rifle into the taco shop on the corner going to do a "sportsman" when there's no wild areas, or game left to shoot?

None at all...that's what...but they still do it, and they know exactly what they're doing, and they do it anyway.

Now, if you want to impose your fundamentalist beliefs on the other 75% of the population who wants you to STFU, then by all means vote for them. If you support what BushCorp has been doing to our country and the world for the past seven years, then by all means, vote for McCain.

There are a host of reasons to support McCain, even if they are mainly a little whacked, IMHO.

That being said...anyone who claims they are voting Republican in order to improve their access to and enjoyment of hunting and fishing is either really, really stupid, or just has their head stuck so far in the sand all you can see is their ballet slippers.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#450323 - 08/29/08 02:29 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: The Moderator]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Yeah I didn't understand that one either Parker.

#450328 - 08/29/08 02:52 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: seastrike]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Pat Robertson's been doing the happy dance all morning.

Slade Gorton came from a Commercial Fishing background, too.

#450332 - 08/29/08 02:59 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Irie]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Irie
Pat Robertson's been doing the happy dance all morning.

Slade Gorton came from a Commercial Fishing background, too.

...and if those two endorsements don't make every sane person, or outdoorsman, want to run like hell from Palin, then nothing ever will.

Between Robertson the nutcase and Slade, the anti- everything outdoors except his commercial fishing family and the Mariners, this ought to wrap up all the dingbats and Washington to get on board.

Fish on...

Todd

#450334 - 08/29/08 03:01 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: seastrike]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Todd,

I'm still voting for Ron Paul, just in case you thought I'd jumped ship.

I'd have to agree with you on the fundementalist BS that the right wing spews, the homophobes (hypocritical homophobes at that) that want to limit people's rights to love who they want to, and the whole abortion issue in trying to tell a woman what she can do with her body, etc. That really turns me off of the ultra right wingers. The one thing you usually can depend upon a GOP'er to do is to unleash the full might and fury of our armed forces if we perceive a threat, sometimes correct (Grenada, Panama, Iraq #1) and other times not (Iraq #2).

On the flip side the turn that the democratic party has taken over the years really worries me as well. While I do like the general commitment to the environment, I think that there are many who have taken it a bit too far. 20 months to get a building permit is ridiculous, but getting set up for public is a breeze? Why on earth is is so hard to build something and contribute to society, yet so easy top suck off of the public teet? (My personal experience with this state.) They also pick and choose which rights they like to defend, kind of like the cafeteria right wing christians who don't buy into the whole "sodomy is sin" deal. Dems also have a general consensus towards big government, just look at our state.

Mr. Manbearpig himself is an absolute joke, super cereal, and those who follow with him are the same. The whole political correctness movement, in my opinion, comes from the left, and it is so bad that if you disagree with Obama you run the risk of being called a racist. There are examples of that here.

I am also concerned on their weak stance on using the military might of the US, like when Wild Bill sent some cruise missiles to some godforsaken territory instead of getting some troops on the grounds to kill Osama Bin Laden. He really could have saved us a lot of trouble, and headed off Iraq #2 had he done that.

For me no single party is 100% correct on all of the issues, so I guess it comes down to a choice between which rights are most important to me, as both sides are likely to trample on something near and dear to me.

We also do agree on the fact that GW is the true life version of Howdy Doody, and the puppet masters are his buddies in big industry.

Have a great weekend!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#450337 - 08/29/08 03:06 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dogfish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Good post, Andy...not much to argue with there.

Fish on...

Todd

#450346 - 08/29/08 04:47 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Who else wants a hug, besides Todd? smile

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#450348 - 08/29/08 04:52 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Magicfly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Think he'll dump his wife* for her?

Fish on...

Todd

*like he already did before

#450353 - 08/29/08 05:09 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
Think he'll pump his wife* for her?

Fish on...

Todd

There....fixed that typo for you..... wink

Mf

#450354 - 08/29/08 05:23 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Magicfly]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Well John?

smile

Mf

#450355 - 08/29/08 05:23 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA

Fish on...

Todd

I dobut it. Plain isn't worth $500,000,000.00 like Cindy McCain is plus she has a down syndrom baby. McCain left his first wife because she had been disfigured in an auto accident, I dobut he would like to have a down syndrom child.

Oh "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN MCCAIN"

He is 72, yes seventy-two years old today. Do they still let him drive?

#450362 - 08/29/08 05:42 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: stever in everett]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: stever in everett
He is 72, yes seventy-two years old today.

He has had 4 boughts with cancer.
He would be the oldest first-time elected president.
He's damn near dead.

Yet....

He's often complained that Obama is too young, and has NO experience.

Yet....

His VP is YOUNGER than Obama, and has only been a Governator for 1.5 years. Yeah, she'd be GREAT for this country when the old man dies off during his term. Just great.

rofl

#450367 - 08/29/08 06:15 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: stever in everett]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA

How fitting he shares a birthday with Michael Jackson - two weird white dudes with housing issues!!! rofl rofl

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#450369 - 08/29/08 06:26 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA

Fish on...

Todd

So because she is young and reasonably attractive, she isn't suited for the job? Just good for pumping?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#450373 - 08/29/08 07:01 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dogfish]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Interesting ... I hate politics and usually stay out of these ... I deal with enough on the fishing end to last about 20 normal lifetimes smile

A client early this summer predicted this would happen. Made sense for a bit ... but oh just wait until the scandal stuff that is brewing here hits the mass media market ... I was surprised with the choice ... figured the "fire-my-ex-brother-in-law or I'll-fire-you" drama would bury her as a choice.

Guess I know nothing about politics, I'll keep it that way!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#450379 - 08/29/08 07:22 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Bob]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Bob
Interesting ... I hate politics and usually stay out of these ...

I hear you Bob. I was the same way until the Liberals took over congress, and fuel prices more than doubled... doh

And the rest is history. smile

Mf

#450382 - 08/29/08 07:27 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: stever in everett]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Fish on...

Todd

I dobut it. Plain isn't worth $500,000,000.00 like Cindy McCain is plus she has a down syndrom baby. McCain left his first wife because she had been disfigured in an auto accident, I dobut he would like to have a down syndrom child.

If you don't like MCCAIN fine...but to say something so un true about this mans character makes you look like one of those "angry" liberals!! The MCCAINS adopted this deformed child and gave her a happy home.

Bridget McCain, who the couple adopted from Bangladesh in 1993. Cindy McCain met Bridget, who was born with a cleft palate, on a trip to Mother Theresa's orphanage. Though reticent to discuss his family life, Senator McCain has said about Bridget, "She has enriched our lives. She's a wonderful child, a complete part of our family, and we love her."

- Albert Einstein.

#450390 - 08/29/08 08:32 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I agree...there's plenty of confirmed stories showing McSame's "character"...or more to the point, lack thereof.

Most notably, cheating on his wife with a much younger, and much richer woman...whom he eventually left his wife for and married.

That's some good ol' fashioned right wing "family values" for ya, right there.

Perhaps in a bid to let his ex-wife know that he's not just a total dick to her, he has a habit of calling his current wife a kunt, especially in front of people.

Now that's what I call a gentleman.

Sol Duc's right...let's stick to the truth about McSame's character...no need to make up things to show what an asshole he is.

Fish on...

Todd

#450391 - 08/29/08 08:47 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dogfish]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
The one thing you usually can depend upon a GOP'er to do is to unleash the full might and fury of our armed forces if we perceive a threat, sometimes correct (Grenada, Panama, Iraq #1) and other times not (Iraq #2).

I'll take making a move with 3 out of 4 being acceptable even in hindsight over sitting on our hands and being wrong any day. H3ll, I'd even consider bragging about it.

#450392 - 08/29/08 08:54 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Oregonian]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

If a wife acts like a kunt, then what is the harm in "calling them as you see them" ? If/when I act like a "dick", I'll admit it... call it honesty.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 967 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |