Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#453172 - 09/13/08 09:36 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: RowVsWade]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

I'm savin all me chores round the place cuz ita lookin like weeza gunna git us sum real good workers.
Leest Whoopie's pretty wurried bout it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r344HzAWRaM

#453176 - 09/13/08 10:10 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Todd]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Originally Posted By: Todd
Ferchrissakes, JHook...are you really that dumb?

Fish on..

Todd

P.S. That's a rhetorical question.

Naaah, but I'll give you a rhetorical answer. I just like screwing with simple minds. doh

Otherwise I'm retired!

#453177 - 09/13/08 10:14 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Jhook]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Todd, was that you at the Columbia County CCA meeting Tuesday? The guy came from Seattle just to ask some "rhetorical" questions of our speaker.

Otherwise I'm retired!

#453179 - 09/13/08 10:28 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Jhook]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Fer real?

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#453188 - 09/13/08 11:19 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/opinion/13sat1.html?ei=5070&emc=eta1

Gov. Palin’s Worldview

Published: September 12, 2008

As we watched Sarah Palin on TV the last couple of days, we kept wondering what on earth John McCain was thinking.

If he seriously thought this first-term governor — with less than two years in office — was qualified to be president, if necessary, at such a dangerous time, it raises profound questions about his judgment. If the choice was, as we suspect, a tactical move, then it was shockingly irresponsible.

It was bad enough that Ms. Palin’s performance in the first televised interviews she has done since she joined the Republican ticket was so visibly scripted and lacking in awareness.

What made it so much worse is the strategy for which the Republicans have made Ms. Palin the frontwoman: win the White House not on ideas, but by denigrating experience, judgment and qualifications.

The idea that Americans want leaders who have none of those things — who are so blindly certain of what Ms. Palin calls “the mission” that they won’t even pause for reflection — shows a contempt for voters and raises frightening questions about how Mr. McCain and Ms. Palin plan to run this country.

One of the many bizarre moments in the questioning by ABC News’s Charles Gibson was when Ms. Palin, the governor of Alaska, excused her lack of international experience by sneering that Americans don’t want “somebody’s big fat résumé maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment where, yes, they’ve had opportunities to meet heads of state.”

We know we were all supposed to think of Joe Biden. But it sure sounded like a good description of Mr. McCain. Those decades of experience earned the Arizona senator the admiration of people in both parties. They are why he was our preferred candidate in the Republican primaries.

The interviews made clear why Americans should worry about Ms. Palin’s thin résumé and lack of experience. Consider her befuddlement when Mr. Gibson referred to President Bush’s “doctrine” and her remark about having insight into Russia because she can see it from her state.

But that is not what troubled us most about her remarks — and, remember, if they were scripted, that just means that they reflect Mr. McCain’s views all the more closely. Rather, it was the sense that thoughtfulness, knowledge and experience are handicaps for a president in a world populated by Al Qaeda terrorists, a rising China, epidemics of AIDS, poverty and fratricidal war in the developing world and deep economic distress at home.

Ms. Palin talked repeatedly about never blinking. When Mr. McCain asked her to run for vice president? “You have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission,” she said, that “you can’t blink.”

Fighting terrorism? “We must do whatever it takes, and we must not blink, Charlie, in making those tough decisions of where we go and even who we target.”

Her answers about why she had told her church that President Bush’s failed policy in Iraq was “God’s plan” did nothing to dispel our concerns about her confusion between faith and policy. Her claim that she was quoting a completely unrelated comment by Lincoln was absurd.

This nation has suffered through eight years of an ill-prepared and unblinkingly obstinate president. One who didn’t pause to think before he started a disastrous war of choice in Iraq. One who blithely looked the other way as the Taliban and Al Qaeda regrouped in Afghanistan. One who obstinately cut taxes and undercut all efforts at regulation, unleashing today’s profound economic crisis.

In a dangerous world, Americans need a president who knows that real strength requires serious thought and preparation.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#453195 - 09/13/08 11:36 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Dan Quale once said that he knew that he was regarded as "The first male bimbo." Yet he seems like George Bernard Shaw and Bertrand Russell combined compared to the pork queen. grin

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#453200 - 09/13/08 11:45 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: RowVsWade]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
If, God forbid, a real American has a friend that is as loony as the non-dynamic duo of todd and the kid read them the subtitles to this woooonderful animation.

http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=n...arch&skip=0

LMFAO!! agree

Now your talking rvw... laugh

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#453208 - 09/14/08 12:11 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: Magicfly]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

McCain is a liar? Isnt he a politiician? Obama hasnt lied about McCain.
Then they are stupid. They should have known Palin was a governor, yet almost immediately, lied about her. Ed Rendell said on the air, Fox was the most fair with the coverage of the GOP convention. They dont have to say much. They lets the daily Kos, DU.com and Acorn do the dirty work, besides sending 30 attorneys to Alaska to the bars with cash. The only time the ex state trooper ex brother inlaw is mentioned specificially is by someone not on the GE Obama payroll. Asshole tazered a ten year old kid and threaten her father. But the media doesnt want to sully the reputation of a scumbag cop. They want this to go on and on.

When the Obama ad comes out about McCain and computers? Thats the best they can do? As often quoted. Do they think we are stupid? The man cant tie his own shoes, but use to fly a jet from an aircraft. W. was a big email user until he stepped over the doorway of whitehouse, where anything written is subject to subpeona.

#453211 - 09/14/08 12:50 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid

The straight talk express came off the tracks years ago, here's hoping folks see through a senile old soldiers sense of entitlement, and lack of judgement.

Oh you are good! You just pissed off a half a centuries worth of old soldiers who are entitled to more than you could ever provide. I'd take McCain to cover my back anytime over the likes of liberals whose only goal in life is to keep out of harms way. Another way to say, BaaaaBaaa! Remember of Sheep, wolves and sheepdogs? Thank god we know where the sheep stand so we can remember not to count on them when the chips are down. help

McCain is an old sheepdog. He no longer seeks the fight but will never hide from it.

Otherwise I'm retired!

#453223 - 09/14/08 08:47 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
And the polls continue their relentless trend toward McCain/Palin......

Must be frustrating to the libs.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#453226 - 09/14/08 10:12 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: Thumper]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Um...... The overall consensus is that they are even. Waiting for the Carribou Barbi bubble to burst and for the bumbling musings of a senile old man during the debates. Then we'll see where the polls are. Good Luck.-TBJ

#453240 - 09/14/08 01:54 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: TBJ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
McCain's highest approval rating's now @ 60% in the battle ground state of Wa. hello

And as I've noticed lately, more & more support for McCain has been expressed here on PP. Personally I like the fact we're a little more conservative. smile

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#453255 - 09/14/08 03:52 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Magicfly]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
McSame is up to 60% now(wow)? Are they trying to make Barry the underdog at the last moment so people will feel sorry for Uh-bama? - The come back kid, I can hear NBC billing it now "The greatest general election comeback ever." lol.

As for Gibson's sorry ass making up "bush doct." crap and springing it on Palin, that's sad. It's no wonder Palin looked at him like wtf.

I think it's funny when the dems want detailed answers on how someone will handle foreign affairs. If they don't get them, then all the sudden they are unqualified, or this is the scariest thing that could ever happen to the U.S. that someone of this stature is running for office or VP. But yet when they ask Barry, he replies "it is not appropriate for somebody who is one of two people who can be the president of the United States to start tipping their hand in terms of what their plans might be with respect to Iran." - Oh so it's top secret Barry? lol

Meanwhile the entire press corps scowers Alaska looking for any dirt. I hope they get some good fishing time in. It seems like they are wasting their time otherwise.

#453260 - 09/14/08 05:45 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
As of this morning McCain now leads Obama in the Rasmussen poll 50/47, has opened a lead in the presumptive electoral college count, and the gap is expected to widen (according to Rasmussen).

Just keep doing what you've been doing John!!! And pray that Obama keeps concentrating on Serah.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#453261 - 09/14/08 05:58 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: Thumper]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
He said the same thing about Obama.....I bet you didn't know that.

By the way.....since when do you care about anything Rove has to say? I thought he had no credibility in your view.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#453264 - 09/14/08 06:12 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid

I said you had no credibility in my view..............

grin

Shows what an idiot you are kid......nice job deflecting the question. Typical LWBL.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#453278 - 09/14/08 07:42 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

McCain = 0

#453295 - 09/14/08 09:10 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Just wondering, but do you suppose Obama could pass a background check or security clearance check with his past associates?

Of course he won't have to if he is elected. But that is something to think about.

Otherwise I'm retired!

#453335 - 09/14/08 11:53 PM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

[/quote]
TBJ: Too much gutweiser watching the Seahawks? [/quote]

Sorry BWP but I dont drink. Nice assumption though. Good Luck.-TBJ

#453343 - 09/15/08 12:52 AM Re: Palin interview [Re: ]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
lame

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |