LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450983 - 09/02/08 05:39 PM Fellow Hunters PLEASE!
wabowhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burien, Wa
Fellow hunters… as you go into the field this hunting season, I ask you to remember a couple of things… PLEASE help us all…!

First remember:

PROPERTY LAWS… Page 65 WDFW Hunt Regs 2008

1. Do not trespass — The state of Washington has strict laws prohibiting trespass on private land and owners are not required to post their land.
2. Littering — You may NOT place or leave litter on any land, either public or private, which is not your own.
3. Traps — It is illegal to take a wild animal from another person’s trap without permission or to damage, remove, or destroy a trap.
Exception: A trap may be removed by the property owner.
4. Driving vehicles on WDFW lands — You may NOT operate a motor-driven vehicle on lands owned, controlled, or managed
by the WDFW, except as authorized. Off-road travel on Department lands is usually prohibited.

So… part of the reason for the post is item 1. – PLEASE DON’T TRESPASS… it gives us all a bad name and will just continue to close lands…

As previously stated… I have land up in the mountains… and this past weekend I was out scouting my muzzleloader area… and a private piece of land that I have access and written permission to hunt on… well already this year someone has built a wood 2x4 stand between 2 trees…on this private property!!!! That is nerve… also someone has torn down 2 no trespassing signs and CUT a section of fence so they can enter easily!!! Now as previously said… while hunting this land in the past have had people hunting under my stand not knowing that I was there… and when confronted the excuses are ridiculous… i.e. “It’s not posted where I came on the land”, “I have hunted here for years and nobody has complained”, “what’s the big deal, know body lives here, what does it hurt”, :I will just pass through onto the forest beyond”… it is STILL TRESSPASSING…!

Second…

PLEASE DON’T LITTER…! I picked up 5 Butt Light can’s in the ditch at my gate, and a bunch of paper trash (cups, plates, newspaper)… again… would you do it on your own place? Or how about me coming to your yard and dumping my trash or taking a dump?

Also… it does no good to road hunt an area where you know, know one and don’t have permission to hunt… because if even if you see a nice bull or buck… how are you going to hunt it? Trespass by sneaking onto someone’s land hoping you don’t get caught? Or shoot across someone’s fence because you don’t see anybody around?

PLEASE, PLEASE… represent the sport/hobby of hunting in the best light!!! Respect others property!!!

Good luck and shoot straight

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau

South King County - PSA
Save Our Fish - PSA
CCA Sea-Tac

#451057 - 09/02/08 09:33 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: wabowhunter]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Puyallup & Chinook Pass, WA.
Amen Wabow, I have had some of your same experiences. Fricken slobs ruin things for the rest of us. In light of the recent accidental hiker shooting we don't need any more bad publicity.

Kid

#451248 - 09/03/08 04:24 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: TheKid#10]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
That's why its a good idea to get into shape and find some hike in spots to hunt.

I hate running into people while hunting (other than my hunting group)...

So now I just hike/bike in further to avoid it.

Good post Wabow, a little reminder never hurts.

#451800 - 09/06/08 12:45 AM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: Castingpearls]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
+ 1

Rusty Bell

#452050 - 09/07/08 11:12 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: sykofish]
TheHunt Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup, WA
How about the butt heads who post timber lands as their private property. That is always fun. You can not forget the individuals to post state property as well. Bottom line, know where you are hunting 100% of the time. Have he WDFG and State police number on your cell ready for that fast call.

But most of all have fun!!!

#453289 - 09/14/08 08:32 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: TheHunt]
ACT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Townsend, WA
+1

Last fall 10 of us drew Doe Tags in in the Cheney Unit and we only had access to a couple of areas in the Fishtrap area. We saw a lot of deer in the wheat fields in the so end of the Unit on land we did not have permission to hunt on, as a result two of us made it a point to contact the land owners in the area and ask permission to hunt their land as a result we were able to gain permission to hunt their land not only for the two of us but also for the rest of our party as a result we were able to nine of of the ten tags we drew and we made a special point of contacting the land owners after the hunt letting them know how we made out and thanking them for the opportunity to hunt their land.

As a result of our actions the word got out of actions and it has opened up other blocks of land to hunt from other land owners in the area. This year we already have permission to hunt these same lands and intend to hunt them as we were the recipients of another 10 tags again this year.

It pays off to stop and talk to the land owner as all it takes is a little common courtesy and respect for his property rights. Over the years the biggest complaint I've heard from many a property is if only the hunter would stop and ask I would give him the permission to hunt my land , all I ask is that you abide by a few rules that I may lay down, but it really upsets me when the hunter doesn't respect my property rights, it ruins it for other hunters.

#453297 - 09/14/08 09:16 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: ACT]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Way to do it right ACT.

#455717 - 09/25/08 07:14 PM Re: Fellow Hunters PLEASE! [Re: wabowhunter]
elk Offline
Parr

Loc: SW WA
Good reminder for all of us out in the field.

I'm constantly amazed and saddened at the amount of personal garbage that I find when I'm afield. Sandwhich bags, pop/beer can, candy bar wrappers, etc. I get a fair ways in from any roads or trailheads and still find this crap. I almost always pack more out than I pack in.

I have to wonder.... do the folks who do this crap in their own backyards or living rooms? Probably.....

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 310 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |