Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469623 - 11/22/08 03:41 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Todd]
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
I think Californians are great, as long as they stay Californians.

#469642 - 11/22/08 12:54 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: cupo]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Plenty of love for all you haters in the Red States. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. beer

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#469684 - 11/22/08 09:39 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: John Lee Hookum]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Wow!! Getting all worked up because some people ride around naked on their bicycles? Get a life is a phrase that comes to mind. I envy people who apparently have enough discretionary time in their lives to get upset about the small stuff.

And what's with criticizing the hippies all the time Salmonella? Sheesh! I grew up in the south end of my county among hillbilly rednecks - Irish Malamphy lived down the road and was the best moonshiner in the county - and I was taught to be judgemental about everyone and everything - different from us. Fortunately I came of age during the 60s and became a hippy. Long hair, sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll; no era has had something better to offer yet. We hippies, latter day dudes now 60 and older have more than average education, higher than average income, satisfying careers, and we tend not to judge others by the length of their hair, their overly rigid lifestyles and protocols for damn near everything, wearing too many or the wrong clothes for every occasion, or even their narrow-mindedness. When we judge, we try to judge behaviors and not the people engaging in them. We figured out long ago that if people want to get naked, it doesn't hurt us, and if we get naked, it doesn't hurt them. Maybe not always easy on the eyes, but hardly qualifies as hurting other people.

We native Washingtonians however, allow ourselves a bit of judgement when it comes to Californians though. The stereotypical Californian who moves to Washington comes here with a small California home equity and then pays cash for a local McMansion, helping drive up real estate prices, then he complains about how low wages are here relative to his former California job, and then has the idiocy to complain about the crummy weather. For these simple reasons, Emmett Watson (reference earlier in this thread) invited all immigrant Californians to move the hell back there, or at least away from here.

Personally, I don't restrict my criticism to immigrants from California. I wish all immigrants would move the hell out of Washington. I thought it was getting too crowded here when the population passed 2.6 million, and that was 40 years ago.

Remember the saying, "don't sweat the small stuff?" Also remember, practically everything that people get uptight about is small stuff. Oh so many really need to get a life. Focus on what matters.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#469706 - 11/23/08 12:58 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Salmo g.]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
As a 4th generation Washintonian, I approve Salmo g's message. Yep , I could be considered an old hippy also since I haven't had a haircut in 10 years but I also spent time in southeast Asia, been married to the same lady for 36 years, haven't been without a job since I was 14 and we raised two sons that are stand up guys, so judging someone by what they appear to be rather than what they are is as backward as your whiney posts. So folks that think this such a bad place to live - leave and let the rest of us live in peace. We don't want or need you here.
Yep, things been going to hell since the wimmins got the vote, the buses and the schools became integrated and people get nekkid in parks.
If you are interested in the real problem, take a look in the mirror.

#469714 - 11/23/08 02:01 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Chuck E]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Chuck E
As a 4th generation Washintonian, I approve Salmo g's message. Yep , I could be considered an old hippy also since I haven't had a haircut in 10 years but I also spent time in southeast Asia, been married to the same lady for 36 years, haven't been without a job since I was 14 and we raised two sons that are stand up guys, so judging someone by what they appear to be rather than what they are is as backward as your whiney posts. So folks that think this such a bad place to live - leave and let the rest of us live in peace. We don't want or need you here.
Yep, things been going to hell since the wimmins got the vote, the buses and the schools became integrated and people get nekkid in parks.
If you are interested in the real problem, take a look in the mirror.

agree

My family's history in WA goes back 5 generations, if you count my great-great grandmother, who took her young son here from Chicago in the 1890's. He went on as a self-taught engineer and patent holding inventor to build the 1st hydro electric plants before WWI, supplying Seattle with it's first electricity.
If you dont like it here and want Washington to become another schithole Red State with fugged public education, polluted dead paved over rivers and lakes, and a taliban government, get your ass to Kansas, with the rest of your ilk. And take your 3.2% beer with you!

#469746 - 11/23/08 01:39 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Salmo g.]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Salmo g. .......
Quote:
When we judge, we try to judge behaviors and not the people engaging in them.

As with most all you post, Salmo g., I agree with most all. And what we don't agree on really is of no, or little, import.

Well stated, sir. thumbs

Must be an era thing.

#469751 - 11/23/08 02:43 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: ParaLeaks]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Salmo Nailed it. +1

Funny how the radical right always told us to quit bitching and to love ti or leave iut. Well is seems that may just go both ways.

I was taught we are made in God's image. If so how could our bodies be reprehensible?

#469755 - 11/23/08 03:18 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Dave Vedder]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
Salmo Nailed it. +1

Funny how the radical right always told us to quit bitching and to love ti or leave iut. Well is seems that may just go both ways.

I was taught we are made in God's image. If so how could our bodies be reprehensible?

I agree with Salmo, after all, he is my dad and he tolerated my herbal experimentations when I was a wee nardling. I usually agree with Vedder The Elder but not when he says "how could our bodies be reprehensible?"

C'mon Dave, most people you will see on a nude beach have reprehensible bodies. The ones you would pay to keep their clothes ON always want to take them OFF! rofl rofl rofl

#469758 - 11/23/08 03:33 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Mingo]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Minog: I too find some bodies reprehensible, but feel guilty for it? WWJD?

#469762 - 11/23/08 04:07 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Dave Vedder]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Mingo my son, remember, we can't all be super models. If everyone looked like that, then they wouldn't be super anymore. Remember you weren't taught to turn the other cheek, but rather to turn your eyes away if what you see is bothersome.

You're a good kid, Mingo.

Sg

#469773 - 11/23/08 06:36 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: cupo]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Originally Posted By: cupo
I think Californians are great, as long as they stay Californians.

Umm,gee,didn't we all migrate here? Hmmm.....isn't this the UNITED States of America? You are free to express that. I've lives in various places.I am welcome wherever I go. If you were a hobbitt you'd be called Douche Baggins,no doubt.

#469774 - 11/23/08 06:40 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: ParaLeaks]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chuck E
As a 4th generation Washintonian, I approve Salmo g's message. Yep , I could be considered an old hippy also since I haven't had a haircut in 10 years .

It ain't what's "ON" the skull that makes a hippie as my late friend Jimmy would attest to.

I do have some hippies in my family.
One female in particular, Oregon native.
She used to look like sasquatch, hairy armpits, greasy hair, hairy legs , the heavy stench of patchulli oil , utopian world beliefs, peace signs on everything she owns, the whole tie die [censored], smokes weed daily, hates guns , hunting & meateaters and mostly republicans.
Having to sit across the table from that beast at family functions for 17 years and be civil gives me the right to bitch.
stir

I LOL at these California stereotypes.
beathead

Man that thread I started got heated.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads.../gonew/1#UNREAD

Feelin the love yet?

What a buncha shiat.
You guys seen my pics.
You know my gig.
I guess the stereotype will live on forever.
evil

This state is 770 miles long.
Throughout it's range we have it all.
You name it we got it.
Big rugged country, highest peak in the lower 48 in fact.
Wide open spaces.
Beautiful trout , salmon & steelhead streams.
Filthy polluted stinkwater.
Beautiful wilderness.
Ugly barren wasteland.
Jam packed shoulder to shoulder urban areas that make you wish your doctor's last name was Kevorkian.
It's all right here.
hello
Billionaire businessmen, movie stars, drug dealers, gangsters, yuppies, vegans, rednecks, hippies, axe murderers, child molesters, good ole boys, illegal aliens (by the shitload) and lots of honest hard working folks just trying to get by.

Sure plenty of freaks abound here and yes, I'm prolly the exception to the rule.
(yeah right)
wink

Guess that's why I feel so at home in the rockies.
The country I hunt in Cali kicks my ass a whole lot more than Wyoming does.
I laugh at those flat land midwesterners that lambaste us Cali boys.
These boys huff & puff trying to ascend a baseball mound, sit in a treestand or a heated groundblind waiting for a buck to come to the cornflinger then go on and on about how physically demanding their hunt was.
rofl

While in Wyoming last month, I spoke with a game warden.
he said to me,"You know, year in & year out I see you Cali boys come in here and for the most part you guys are among the most successful of the non residents that hunt here."
I took that as a high compliment.
I've threatened to leave several times in my life, I have a great wife, I live in the country, make a good living and have found out how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Actually, in real life I'm pretty tolerant of folks with other beliefs .

Once in a while I just gotta vent.

Party on Wayne.....

#469790 - 11/23/08 08:41 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Salmonella]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Feels a bit like fighting the wrong war if you're hyped up about public nudity in a park. I'm far from a nudist beach expert, but it sure seems tame compared to what 2 seconds of Google searching can turn up.

As for the rest of what I have to say, Salmo said it.

#469819 - 11/23/08 11:26 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: IrishRogue]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Dont you find it kinda funny that the guy that had the original b*thch that started this topic has yet to respond to all of this.! Nothing like b*tching and complaining and then not being able to add anything to the topic but the original complaint.

#469829 - 11/24/08 12:40 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: gvbest]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
He's been busy "hanging out" in the park. wink

#469839 - 11/24/08 02:59 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: goharley]
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
Good thread

Salmo G is a much better writer than Salmonella.

#469844 - 11/24/08 03:43 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Matt S.]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Dont the Sturza's own Sunbirds?

#469846 - 11/24/08 08:25 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Satan]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
Avid, interesting you brought that up. I was sitting around a fire once on Whidbey Island, having a beer and listening to to some stories. The subject of My being from California came up. I fired back, well popped back, well, asked everyone around the fire to say where they were from originally. I bet if you did the same around your next campfire you might be as surprised as I was.

#469855 - 11/24/08 09:52 AM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Salmo g.]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Mingo my son, remember, we can't all be super models. If everyone looked like that, then they wouldn't be super anymore. Remember you weren't taught to turn the other cheek, but rather to turn your eyes away if what you see is bothersome.

You're a good kid, Mingo.

Sg

Thanks dad. Next time you come over, bring a bigger pizza okay?

#469943 - 11/24/08 07:11 PM Re: Seattle the new San Francisco [Re: Satan]
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: avid angler
Umm,gee,didn't we all migrate here?

Nope. The US Court has ruled that our Native Americans are *Native*.

You are thinking of a "Wild American". Most of those all immigrated here from various sources around the world and have heavily influenced the genetic pooling of America.

We've even had some cross-genetic crossings between wild and native Americans.

It's not an exact science, especially with the ESA (Especially Stupid Americans) rules and all.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1381 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |