THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471842 - 12/06/08 11:44 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: mreyns_tgl]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

KJR tonight said that UW is inviting the public to come to the news conferance introducing the new coach. Hopefully the place is packed and shows the support that he is going to need.

#471852 - 12/07/08 01:45 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Salmo g.]
NW Wild Country Offline
Juvenile at Sea

This hire, when it's analyzed in a vacuum, is okay. I guess. But in the face of the hires UW could've made, Sarkisian isn't even the third-best choice.

I've heard this spun 10 different ways, but the bottom line is that UW could've had both Mike Leach and Pat Hill. This isn't speculation: as John Clayton confirmed today, "Both of those guys were waiting by the phone". The Huskies could've had either of them - established head coaches with western recruiting bases - and instead chose an inexperienced assistant.

If you think Steve Sarkisian is a better choice than Pat Hill and ESPECIALLY Mike Leach, you're a UW apologist. If you think Steve Sarkisian's USC O-coordinator pedigree makes him a better offensive coach than Leach, you're stoned: Leach is one of the best offensive minds in the college game today, and a proven program-builder. He took Texas Tech from the dregs of the Big 12 and turned the program into a Top 10 program ... recruiting to LUBBOCK, Texas!!!!

Have y'all ever been to Lubbock, Texas? Yeeeeeech. Pullman is Palm Springs compared to Lubbock, Texas.

Leach has put the Red Raiders in 8 bowl games in 10 seasons, has re-written the NCAA offensive record books, and, besides, is a borderline wacko who would've been INTERESTING! After four years of The Most Boring Coach on the Planet, I'm ready for somebody interesting.

Leach or Hill or Sarkisian?

1. Leach.
2. Hill
3. Sarkisian, a distant 3rd.

Bad choice here.

JS/NWWC

#471854 - 12/07/08 01:54 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: NW Wild Country]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
you sound like some arrogant coog fan or something...

yes leach was a better choice but he pulled his name out for a reason...he wanted his money down in Lubbock...just had to push the envelope

and your smoking some shi't if you think hill is a better pick...he can't even beat boise st.....even ty could do that wink

#471855 - 12/07/08 01:56 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: mreyns_tgl]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

and sark does most of SC's recruiting now...sure it would have been cool to have a guy with a hand down in texas, but southern cali players are just as good

#471857 - 12/07/08 02:24 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: NW Wild Country]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: NW Wild Country
This hire, when it's analyzed in a vacuum, is okay. I guess. But in the face of the hires UW could've made, Sarkisian isn't even the third-best choice.

I've heard this spun 10 different ways, but the bottom line is that UW could've had both Mike Leach and Pat Hill. This isn't speculation: as John Clayton confirmed today, "Both of those guys were waiting by the phone". The Huskies could've had either of them - established head coaches with western recruiting bases - and instead chose an inexperienced assistant.

If you think Steve Sarkisian is a better choice than Pat Hill and ESPECIALLY Mike Leach, you're a UW apologist. If you think Steve Sarkisian's USC O-coordinator pedigree makes him a better offensive coach than Leach, you're stoned: Leach is one of the best offensive minds in the college game today, and a proven program-builder. He took Texas Tech from the dregs of the Big 12 and turned the program into a Top 10 program ... recruiting to LUBBOCK, Texas!!!!

Have y'all ever been to Lubbock, Texas? Yeeeeeech. Pullman is Palm Springs compared to Lubbock, Texas.

Leach has put the Red Raiders in 8 bowl games in 10 seasons, has re-written the NCAA offensive record books, and, besides, is a borderline wacko who would've been INTERESTING! After four years of The Most Boring Coach on the Planet, I'm ready for somebody interesting.

Leach or Hill or Sarkisian?

1. Leach.
2. Hill
3. Sarkisian, a distant 3rd.

Bad choice here.

JS/NWWC

Bingo!

Throw Pat Hill Out, that part UW got right.

Mike Leach with his Texas influence would probably been able to bring some real talent to the UW. In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, the BIG 12 knows where to recruit D1 prospects.

Steve O, give me a break. Hell even TYRONE could be just as effective at SC with all those 4 & 5 star recruits. Besides 2 day's of monitoring the LA Times it appears there's more articles on who's to blame for Norm Chow leaving, and what colors are going to be worn for today's game, than Steve leaving for UW.

Time will tell.

Mf

Edited by Magicfly (12/07/08 02:27 AM)

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#471883 - 12/07/08 02:02 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Magicfly

Bingo!

Throw Pat Hill Out, that part UW got right.

Mike Leach with his Texas influence would probably been able to bring some real talent to the UW. In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, the BIG 12 knows where to recruit D1 prospects.

Steve O, give me a break. Hell even TYRONE could be just as effective at SC with all those 4 & 5 star recruits. Besides 2 day's of monitoring the LA Times it appears there's more articles on who's to blame for Norm Chow leaving, and what colors are going to be worn for today's game, than Steve leaving for UW.

Time will tell.

Mf

Tyrone would never be able to get those 5 star recruits. Sark was able to help in recruiting those guys. In time he will get them at Washington to. It may just start with the Skyline QB next year as Mreyns said above. I think the coaching staff he is going to put together will have some big names and will be a huge improvement over what we have seen in a long time. UW can only go up from here.

#471886 - 12/07/08 03:28 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: JoJo]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

JoJo, the only 5 star recruits that Steve O will bring to UW are the local kids that don't want to leave their mama's....Maybe 1 or two a year come out of Washington state on a up year...

The last few that I can remember:
Johnathan Stewart
Taylor Mays
Steve Schillings
And Reggie Williams (I think)

Gone are some of the recruiting perks, playing for Pete Carol, sunny California, playing in the Coliseum, mega national TV exposure, and smoking hot chicks on the beaches.

Steve will have to re-build the program with 2 & 3's with a few 4's mixed in, and that's going to take time. Before he can pitch the idea of these kids to come to UW, instead of heading off to other Mega Schools. Not saying he can't do it, just saying he may not be given the patience from the Boosters, Alumni, And the AD.

BTW, NO 5 star QB (Jake Heaps) in his right mind would play for a school who's OL can't protect him...Suicide

USA TODAY top 100 Recruits:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiting/football/top100.htm

Mf

#471895 - 12/07/08 05:48 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: NW Wild Country]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
Yeah, I'd like to hear the real story behind Leach. If UW had a legitimate shot at him and didn't take it, then I'd be a little disappointed. If Leach was just using the interviews to Seattle to pad his present contract with TT, then I suppose there is nothing you can do.

I agree, there is a big difference between Leach and Sarkisian. Not saying Steve can't get there but Leach has proven he's a winner for a decade.

#472141 - 12/08/08 10:33 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: The Catcherman]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Does this hurt Husky Recruiting, by Steve staying on for USC's bowl game?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-sarkisian7-2008dec07,0,6190410.story

Mf

#472148 - 12/08/08 10:53 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Does this hurt Husky Recruiting, by Steve staying on for USC's bowl game?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-sarkisian7-2008dec07,0,6190410.story

Mf

I believe he's going to work on some recruiting too....
http://www.komonews.com/news/35735814.html

#472157 - 12/08/08 11:16 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: ]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

year one- cougs lose by 14
year two- cougs lose by 35
year three- cougs lose by 50
year four- cougs become a divison II school

#472159 - 12/08/08 11:19 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: ]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

yah...thats would be funny...if boise st. wasn't really gay

#472171 - 12/08/08 11:48 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Originally Posted By: mreyns
year one- cougs lose by 14
year two- cougs lose by 35
year three- cougs lose by 50
year four- cougs become a divison II school

LOL keep dreamin! laugh

GO COUGS!!!

Edited by Rapid Robert (12/08/08 11:52 PM)

#472180 - 12/09/08 12:31 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Rapid Robert]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Originally Posted By: Rapid Robert

LOL keep dreamin! laugh

GO COUGS!!!

****** GO DAWGS ******

#474217 - 12/19/08 01:21 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: OneMoreCast]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Didn't take Steve-O long, to replenish the assistant coaches ranks with former.....

Players.

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

#474218 - 12/19/08 01:32 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
I like how the cougars mouth is wide open ready to accept some Huskie phallus. Open wide kitty Kitty.......... Kitty want some Huskie Milk?

#474229 - 12/19/08 02:05 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: TBJ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: TBJ
Kitty want some Huskie Milk?

Been years since any husky HAD that type of milk you're referring to......... doh

Mf

#474234 - 12/19/08 02:24 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Been years since any husky HAD that type of milk you're referring to......... doh

Sadly, that Coog is correct. Huskies lost their 'nads when the hired "play the race card, Ty" and haven't had them since.

Sure hope Steve "I'm gonna kick ass and take names" Sark finds the teams 'nads again!

#474268 - 12/19/08 05:29 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: The Moderator]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: parker

Sadly, that Coog is correct.

Mf

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (FleaFlickr02), 406 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |