Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471586 - 12/04/08 10:56 PM ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

#471592 - 12/04/08 11:30 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: ]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
It's not a bad hire by any means, I'm happy they didn't get Hill, or a few of the other guys that have been mentioned over the recent days....

Interesting though, go through all those comments on that ESPN story...Lots of Trojans fans are all expressing their happiness that Sark is gone, calling him an overrated O-Coord. and hasn't done enough with the talent around him...

It will sure be nice to get some recruiting ties into the So Cal Region, lets hope Sark can recruit well from the NW as well....

There is finally some optimism now for the Dawg fans...Can't wait till Ty is finally the f**k out of Montlake...

#471596 - 12/04/08 11:44 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: JoJo]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
Seems like they were pursuing a few coaches with BYU history: Leach, Whittingham, and Sarkisian.

Just a coincidence?

#471597 - 12/04/08 11:52 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: The Catcherman]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Solid.

SC fans aren't happy with 38 points and 450 yards a game?

I will be.

Wasn't the first guy on my list, but as long as Ty Willy is hitting the bricks, I'm happy.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#471602 - 12/05/08 12:11 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Dan S.]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

The biggest thing for me is that this guy was a good college QB and had a hand in the developement of Matt Linehart, John David Booty, and Matt Cassell. Cassell may be the best of all three even though he rarely played at SC. Jake Locker hasn't had that type of coach while at UW and I expect that we will see great improvement out of him with the proper coaching. This is a solid hire in my opinion. I would expect the Huskies to anounce this hiring after the cal game. They seem to not want to show up willingham and would rather wait for him to be gone.

#471607 - 12/05/08 12:52 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: ]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

Other than the fact that they should have fired Ty last year when Mora may have been still available. I don't have a problem with how they dealt with Ty. When coaches look at the UW they will see a school that will stand by there coaches and I think that goes a long way in the coaching community.

#471610 - 12/05/08 01:03 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: JoJo]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
UW screwed the pooch with Mike Leach.

As far Steve O...I'll give him 4 years, maybe.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#471612 - 12/05/08 01:31 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: ]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: ChuckS
I thought about that too FH but on the other hand .... which team has had the BEST ofense in the last 5 years? Why they would wish him gone is beyond me. Given the talent pool I think we did well.

Very true, tough to bi*tch about your offense when your constantly up among the best, if not THE best, but I believe Kiffin was the better O. Coordinator of the two. Either way, Pete's gotta hold his cards close, I dunno how things are going to progress in SoCal if all his guys ditch USC after staying a few years and then become Head Coaches...I'm interested in seeing how things work out at Tennessee for Kiffin after he had to deal with the mess with Al Davis at the Raiders. That'll be interesting to see how Kiffin and Sarkisian turn out, both being brought up under Pete Carroll.

I dunno about Leach if we hired him. I still don't know what to think. Seemed like he did a real good job considering that he had Oklahoma, OK State, and Texas in his division all those years, tough to outduel those schools in recruiting and even tougher to be better then them, but he managed to do a decent job with what he had.

Lets just hope Sark can start tapping into the recruiting in SoCal and keep em from going to USC or UCLA.....

Edited by Fish Hunter 07 (12/05/08 01:32 AM)

#471615 - 12/05/08 01:53 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Originally Posted By: Magicfly
UW screwed the pooch with Mike Leach.

Mf

I pretty sure Mike Leach screwed the pooch. I'm glad that weird dude is not going to be a Dawg.............

Stevie S. is good hire...........

Husky football has no where to go, but up......

#471616 - 12/05/08 03:10 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: OneMoreCast]
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
Looks to be a good hire... kind of out of left field. Should be great for Jake, and the rest of the offense. He needs to bring in a solid Defensive coordinator.

First thing after the official announcement..... He needs to have a meeting with the Dawg Father.

Go Dawgs!!

#471617 - 12/05/08 03:49 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Elkman]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Great hire in the Peterson, Kiffin, Mora type mold...The hire he should make now IMO is Steve Etman as D Coordinator...his attitude is just what Huskies need on D and his ties to the best D in UW history is huge. Still predict 3 wins next year but that is 300% better than this year...cheers

Edited by summerrun (12/05/08 03:51 AM)

#471698 - 12/05/08 09:03 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: summerrun]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
oboy another quarterback from california remember the last time

#471706 - 12/05/08 09:46 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: larryb]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Yeah.

We won the Rose Bowl.

#471708 - 12/05/08 09:59 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Dan S.]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
of course USC fans don't think they need him, they are spoiled...and stupid...stupid like a cooog

MF is once again in his dream world...i can't even understand his cooooog lingo...durpity durp

Heaps is almost a lock now in my mind and Kasen will follow

#471736 - 12/06/08 02:07 AM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Hopefully the husky's send Tyrone out a wean-er tomorrow.... smile

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#471768 - 12/06/08 03:27 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Magicfly]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Looks like a good choice to me. He's young and could be around long enough to develop a Don James type dynasty at UW. How long do you think to get a 7-4 season or better?

Sg

#471780 - 12/06/08 05:04 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Salmo g.]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

2 years salmo

#471781 - 12/06/08 05:08 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Dan S. Offline

2-3 years.

A loser's mentality has been installed at Montlake. That can't be cured overnight.

Look at the debacle taking place right now. 38-zip and no heart being shown.

If Sark can learn Locker up on how to pass, they could play .500 ball pretty fast.

#471818 - 12/06/08 09:51 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I was wondering if that "loser" mentality Dan refers to might stretch it out to 4 years. I hope it's less. Recruiting has been difficult, but Sarkisian might be enough of a draw himself to turn that around pretty quick. Hope so.

I was so pissed at the Boosters who got Lambright fired for two 7-4 seasons under sanctions that I felt they deserved some shitty seasons. OK, enough is enough, the rest of us rational Husky fans have suffered enough for their bad behavior, we need a change, and it's time to get the team back on track.

#471837 - 12/06/08 11:13 PM Re: ESPN reports Steve Sarkisian next Husky coach [Re: Salmo g.]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

espn just reported that UW has finally annouced the hire and will formally do it on monday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1016 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |