THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466488 - 11/08/08 04:05 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: slabhunter]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Good job guys! thumbs

#466501 - 11/08/08 06:55 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: The Moderator]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks FNP, Slab, and Todd! So sorry I couldn't make it. I was too sick to get out of bed. I hate when I miss one of the few occasions when the Commission actually listens and engages in the issue. I think pointing out that in each of three years there was a plan, and in each of those years the Department consistently ignored the plan, ignored conservation, and scheduled additional gillnetting targeting a population knowing over-fishing would be the result.

Sg

#466503 - 11/08/08 07:13 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Salmo g.]
big john Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: washington state
Yeah, thanks to you all for your perseverence, and success!

#466505 - 11/08/08 07:23 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Todd]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: Todd
If they accept our request to make this a formal agenda item for a future meeting, we'll need lots of folks to come and testify, even if all you do is step up and say "I fish there, and I'd like to see the area better managed"...

Fish on...

Todd

Count me in. Maybe we can have a fish in and a small party after.

#466506 - 11/08/08 07:30 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Dave Vedder]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Yeah, Steve...you missed out on this one.

It was one of those "perfect storm" times when the irresponsible fishery had just been completed, the numbers were in, provided directly from WDFW on request from Francis, and we were there to point out the list of poor forecasts and intentional overfishing that had just happened in the weeks before.

Couple that with a Vice Chair from Naselle who is very aware of the fact that the fish in her area are just avoiding the imposition of the ESA, and a report from Staff that revenue from sales tax and sportfishing excise taxes was down due to lower purchases from sportfisherman.

There was no brain surgery or leaps of extraoridinary abstraction going on...it was as cut and dry, by the numbers, as it could be.

You would have enjoyed the reaction from the Commission, to say the least.

If the Commission votes to make this issue an agenda item with public testimony, I'm sure Francis will keep us all informed so that interested parties can get down there and testify!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#466509 - 11/08/08 07:39 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: eyeFISH]
A-DOG Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Friday Harbor, WA
Gentlemen, here is to you for a job WELL DONE!

Edited by A-DOG (11/08/08 07:40 PM)

#466513 - 11/08/08 08:05 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: A-DOG]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
beer beer beer thumbs

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#466520 - 11/08/08 09:43 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: eyeFISH]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

right on guys! thumbs

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.....I can't wait for that next meeting here! (rubbing my hands together in anticipation)

Well done. Let's hope they do something.

#466529 - 11/08/08 10:46 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Eric]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Thank you, gentlemen, and congratulations on taking a major step forward in fisheries management for both the resource and the sport fishing community.

#466531 - 11/08/08 10:49 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Eric]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Walking the walk and not just talking the talk, Great job guys.......

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#466547 - 11/09/08 12:43 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
Awesome! I would like to think that the letters that I have written to the Represenative for that area would have had some effect too. The response I received was never very polite. Definitely keep us posted on the next meeting. Godd job boys.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#466550 - 11/09/08 01:30 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Pugnacious]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
Thanks a lot Todd, Francis and Hans! thumbs

You're efforts are appreciated. Keep us in the loop, I would certainly do my best to show up and support the next effort.

Cheers beer

#466554 - 11/09/08 02:29 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: jason m]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
zipThank you for a job well done bow

Chuck G ..........Kitsap

#466560 - 11/09/08 08:49 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: N W Panhandler]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
Good job, I appreciate the effort......

#466582 - 11/09/08 12:14 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: ]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

We hope it's paying off.

Now it's time to see some results.

Sorry, some of that entrenched WDFW pessimism slipping out.

Very noble effort on these 3 guys part. I really hope this has some good results.

#466590 - 11/09/08 12:56 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: WN1A]
James T Offline
Fry

Thanks to all three of you for some great work. I hope the Commission actually does something about fish management in Region 6. My experience with the Commission is frustrating, and perhaps this is a turning point in that they will begin to seriously look at the work of WDFW staff with a questioning intent.

Congratulations on the good work for the G. H. area, and for fish conservation. What next?

#466694 - 11/09/08 11:45 PM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: James T]
wak & stak Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: wa,shelton
slabhunter, there might be some smoked salmon on your front porch. good job!

#466703 - 11/10/08 12:26 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: Captain]
Jaba'da butt Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kelso, wa.
Thanks for going out of your way for all of us fishermen, you are blessed by Neptune!

#466716 - 11/10/08 05:46 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: jason m]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: jason m
Thanks a lot Todd, Francis and Hans! thumbs

You're efforts are appreciated. Keep us in the loop, I would certainly do my best to show up and support the next effort.

Cheers beer

Hey, Hey!!

Could one or all of you please lay out, more or less, the exact process that you all used for your presentation? As I recall, the Hoh system has suffered the same dillema as GH from time to time. Perhaps Bob can validate that. It seems to me that last season, perhaps the season before, harvest was allowed KNOWING that escapement goals were not possible to meet, even with no fishing. That's disturbing to me.

Again, gr8 job, guys!

#466736 - 11/10/08 10:31 AM Re: GH Officially on the Commission's Radar Screen [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Slab, the Hoh will require a vastly different approach because it is a comanagement issue...we completely focused on the non-treaty share on Grays Harbor.

There is stuff in the hopper regarding the Hoh.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cordoge, CORKE, FISHRIGHT, LoweDown, minirex, RDK
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 316 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645442 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |