THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#495991 - 03/17/09 12:44 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Drifter,
They just asked me about the Hump because that is where my knowledge and expertise lie, I fish on the Chehalis side alot but there are far more people with more knowledge then myself for putting that one together.

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#496013 - 03/17/09 05:00 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

DrifterWA

I do not think it's wise to divulge the whole game plan on the Chehalis on this public forum this close to the meeting. Don't want to reveal our entire hand to the "cowboys" before the big showdown.

I have compiled a comprehensive "talking points" sheet that I will share with anyone I know who is personally invested in the fishery and plans to attend the meeting.

Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will forward a copy "for your eyes only"

May the force be with us.....

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496032 - 03/17/09 11:52 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Doc,
Send me one too please.

Thanks
Joe

360-888-7772

#496099 - 03/17/09 03:25 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

All interested parties will be included in a MEGA private message discussion later this evening. Speak up now if you want to be part of that group discussion

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496110 - 03/17/09 04:15 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
FireFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
Thanks for the Phone call Doc. It took me a little, since it's been awhile for me on this board, but I am back and connected. Let the info flow and lets get ready for Thursday. Looking forward to it.
Also, thanks for the Heads-Up this morning Joe, you saved me a drive... laugh

FireFish...

#496129 - 03/17/09 05:20 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FireFish]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

i want in tonight doc..how and when???

mainly region 6

#496180 - 03/17/09 06:36 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: ]
FireFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
Ya, M... I know... grin Funny thing is I signed up in March of 2006, but I haven't made a post in so long, they bumped me back to Zero. So I guess this would be offically my 2nd post... wink

FireFish...

#496199 - 03/17/09 08:11 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FireFish]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Last call.... you got 15 minutes before I launch the discussion.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496203 - 03/17/09 08:32 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

PM launched.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496251 - 03/18/09 12:04 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: FireFish]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Doc,
Where's my ****** phone call ??????

Peace
Fly

Edited by Jerry Garcia (03/18/09 07:55 AM)

360-888-7772

#496268 - 03/18/09 01:18 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: superfly]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: superfly
Doc,
Where's my ****** phone call ??????

Peace
Fly

Peace?

Your copy came via PM around noon, Joe. Your invite to the MEGA PM came around 5:30 PM, just like everyone else.

Edited by Jerry Garcia (03/18/09 07:56 AM)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496632 - 03/19/09 04:32 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Early report from the rodeo . . .

I was at the morning session and it was pretty interesting. Seeing as how it was my first NOF I really don't know what the outcome will be, but I learned quite a bit about how it all works. I urge everyone who has the time to attend one of these sometime it will change your perspective on fisheries management in WA state.

The synopsis at lunch was that the commercials were being shut out of the Chehalis because of the low numbers of Chinooks available. They were going to get some 2-C (Humptulips) action though. The decision about who got to catch the available chinook was still ongoing.

One thing that I was so shocked by was that there is NO CHOICE but to harvest every paper fish. The paper fish do not get a vote, they don't have a plan that has "extra chinook conservation" as part of it.

It was fun to meet a lot of board members, everyone did a really nice job.

#496677 - 03/19/09 07:48 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Rocket Red]
JimB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chehalis
Rocket, Glad you could be there. You are right in the need to be involved. It does require passion and patience and I tell you right now from what I have heard. The Grays Harbor Committee...Francis, Joe, Duane, LeRoy etc all are doing a great job and are beginning to be the lead force in the process as they have spent the last 4-5 years earning the right to be heard. Today according to my contacts the "salmon mafia" was held at bay for the first time!!

Great job to all!!

From my heart..................THANKS!!

JimB

#496778 - 03/20/09 08:01 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
For all those on the sidelines, it takes commitment, passion and years of being part of the process to bring changes.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#496792 - 03/20/09 10:34 AM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Jerry Garcia]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
My 1st NOF meeting also.....I made this post on the other thread...so just copied to over here:

Grrrrrrrrr, to not a very well run meeting. Fish mafia is still alive, can see about as far as the "end of thier bay boats".

WDFW "brain trust" wasted to much time, during 15 break time....that went to 40 minutes.....to try and get local gill netters...something.

If I was a "young gill netter", I'd be looking at a "postive way" to increase my livelyhood. Selective fishing, no kill, might cost dollars but pay back would be fishing time in the future.

see: http://www.wdfw.wa.gov/fish/commercial/selective/methods.htm

"Floating fish trap".....can release all non-traget fish "alive".

I'm not at all pro-gillnet.....but it seems to me that if my "livelyhood" was fishing...I'd do whatever it took. to make sure I could fish on targeted fish and release the rest alive.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#496875 - 03/20/09 04:05 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Just got an e-mail that WDFW is going to finish the GH part at Montesano City Hall, next Tuesday at 6 pm.

#496880 - 03/20/09 04:32 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Rocket Red]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Same e-mail as rocket got:

"Hi Everyone,
Yesterday, March 19, we had our Grays Harbor/Willapa Bay Regional North of Falcon Meeting in Olympia. Unfortunately we did not finish our discussions regarding Grays Harbor fisheries.

This email is to inform you that we have scheduled a meeting next Tuesday, March 24th, at the Montesano City Hall from 6-8pm to finalize those discussions. Our acting Director, Phil Anderson, will be there for the discussions.

Thank you.
Barbara McClellan
WDFW"

#496881 - 03/20/09 04:47 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: Eric]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Eric

This email is to inform you that we have scheduled a meeting next Tuesday, March 24th, at the Montesano City Hall from 6-8pm to finalize those discussions. Our acting Director, Phil Anderson, will be there for the discussions.

At which time I will show how Region 6 attempted to disguise the true Chehalis chinook impact of a retention fishery in the bay.

More details on MEGA PM tonight.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#496885 - 03/20/09 05:00 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: eyeFISH]
banki Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Montesano, WA
So I'm assuming this meeting at City Hall Tuesday will be open to the general public?

#496908 - 03/20/09 06:13 PM Re: Montesano NOF Meeting--Sportsmen Wants!!!! [Re: banki]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
yep...come one, come all...........see the democratic process in action....a little hollering, some crying, some finger pointing, lot's of fighting over "who should get what"......fighting is done from the marine area into the freshwater......

If truth were really known, probably should be the other way around but its easier to "give the fresh water guys" the crumbs, cause we have so gotten used to having the leftovers.....that way if it looks like the run size is down....its easy to shut the "up river" people down or allow us to fish on almost no fish.......

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |