Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#511570 - 05/29/09 05:12 PM The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho

Edited by willametteriveroutlaw (05/29/09 05:13 PM)

#511585 - 05/29/09 05:35 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Maybe I've lost count......but these vids have been posted in probably 4 threads......and counting.

They're all guilty.....Libs & Conservatives alike, hung us, and future generations out to dry.

Peace.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#511601 - 05/29/09 06:07 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Magicfly]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Todd's gone fishing for a few days - you're wasting your time smile

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#511611 - 05/29/09 06:43 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Mikespike]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Banker here.

Not necessarily a politicians fault. It was the excessive greed of a number of bankers in the large national banks who are at fault for deviating from sound lending practices.

It doesn't matter who is in office, greedy people will always find a way to screw with the economy. A little greed is good. Too much of it, very bad.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#511612 - 05/29/09 07:05 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Dogfish]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
The consumers also helped the downfall by spending borrowed money. As someone that has been in the title and escrow business a long time, 2nd mortgages and lines of credit using a home's equity as a means for spending is somewhat new. I've had 4 files cross my desk today wherein the home owner's refi'd countless times over a 10 year period and then lost the home to foreclosure. One couple had owned the home for over 15 years but spent their way into the street with numerous lines of credit.
Yea, changes in banking rules helped lead the way to our current situation but they were responding to the demands of the consumer.

#511643 - 05/29/09 10:52 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Chuck E]
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

Loc: gales creek, or
You can't fix stupid.

If given enough rope, most will hang themselves. It's just like booze and indians. They don't know when to quit

Edited by kevin lund (05/29/09 10:53 PM)
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#511660 - 05/30/09 03:59 AM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

I'm sick of both partys and am convinced they are both owned by the big corporations and Wall street banks, but it would be hard to deny that the Republicans were aggressively pushing the deregulation that opened the door to all the financial shenanigans that created this mess. The Bush administration was actually stopping State regulators from enforcing state regulations that were in place to keep much of this mess from happening. I've been reading predictions of this disaster since 2003, but the authors of these articles were all belittled as chicken little doom an gloomers. Why wasn't the lesson of the Savings and Loan disaster of the Bush I administration learned?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/13/AR2008021302783.html

Edited by Keta (05/31/09 04:25 AM)

#511699 - 05/30/09 03:21 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The lesson is the voters are too f'n stupid and easily distracted to hold anyone accountable..................for anything.

Just say "terror", "abortion", or "change", or "gay marriage" and virtually the entire voting bloc will spend their time bickering over those subjects, rather than demand that someone be held accountable for trillions of dollars being fleeced from them.

Ask them what's happening on American Idol or Dancing With The Stars and they'll tell you, though.

It's a sad case of getting what we deserve.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#511710 - 05/30/09 04:11 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Dan S.]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Dammit why don't you post more Dan? Screw the new job...

#511771 - 05/31/09 12:29 AM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: seastrike]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Wave a shiny object and the sheep get distracted.

I need to fish with Dan again some time. Sooner the better. He needs to bring his own rods though.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#511779 - 05/31/09 04:23 AM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Dogfish]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

-Hey KK,are you saying what I think you are saying? The S&L scandal was a trial run for the mother of all scams that ended up with the tax payer on the hook for hundreds of billions of $ ?

#511828 - 05/31/09 05:54 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Dogfish]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
He needs to bring his own rods though.
Yeah, but I read somewhere recently that he makes his own yarn balls. That's something, anyway. wink

#511909 - 06/01/09 11:31 AM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Dan S.]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
"It's just like booze and indians. They don't know when to quit"

Well, Kevin - Drunks can sober up and quit drinking but you'll still be an asshole.

I'm a member of the Blackfeet Nation, I'm not a drunk and none of my family are. Neither was the uncle I was named after that died in the landing at Palau so assholes like you could posted dumb ass [censored] on the internet in English and not Japanese.
Kiss my brown ass.

#511949 - 06/01/09 03:37 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Chuck E]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chuck E

I'm a member of the Blackfeet Nation, I'm not a drunk and none of my family are.

"The Mouth of a Perfectly Contented Man is Filled with Beer"

just sayin.... stir

#511954 - 06/01/09 03:58 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: dewbie]
swampfoot Offline
Parr

Loc: lake cantsay near notellum cre...
:Sedgar and romulous should be left out of a political conversation stir

#511964 - 06/01/09 04:45 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: swampfoot]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: swampfoot
:Sedgar and romulous should be left out of a political conversation stir

what, and swampthing should?

#511970 - 06/01/09 04:52 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: dewbie]
swampfoot Offline
Parr

Loc: lake cantsay near notellum cre...
ya i'll admit i shouldn't be involved with politics either. i only vote for who is going to be made fun of by john stewart the most.

#512021 - 06/01/09 09:29 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: Chuck E]
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

Loc: gales creek, or
I'm part Nez Perce and you can kiss my brown ass. And it's been proven that indians lack an ezime needed to process alcohol. That's why they dont' know when to quit. Argue it all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

And thats right, I am an asshole and don't forget it!
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#512023 - 06/01/09 09:33 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: kevin lund]
BERG Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: PA
Like a walking billboard. rofl

#512025 - 06/01/09 09:44 PM Re: The banking crisis was all the Republicans fault [Re: kevin lund]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: kevin lund
I'm part Nez Perce and you can kiss my brown ass. And it's been proven that indians lack an ezime needed to process alcohol. That's why they dont' know when to quit. Argue it all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

And thats right, I am an asshole and don't forget it!

BooooYahhhh

rofl

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |