Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: hohbomb73
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
There are only two that matter.

Only because "YOU" keep voting for only one of the "TWO"... wink

moose moose moose
moose moose moose
moose moose moose

that was EXACTLY my point about voting for Ron Paul - he does not represent the status quo - the big two/one party that is entrenched in D.C. I have zero love for either party and the total self-interest that most of our legislators seem to have, as opposed to their DUTY to serve the american people.

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
The clunker fund has run out of money. I got 19MPG on my last tank with no car payments so I guess I will keep driving my 12 year old Ford.

nice try JG! you aren't getting this thread back w/out a fight! wink grin

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#524399 - 07/31/09 01:01 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Mikespike]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
It's not really a fight when the rules favor one over another.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#524404 - 07/31/09 01:14 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Jerry Garcia]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Favor one over DOZENS of others?

(We've got you surrounded wink )

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#524418 - 07/31/09 02:18 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: stam

If a seagull shits on your head often enough I bet the shotgun comes out.

Why do that? just call the cops, they know how to handle it...

Quote:

State troopers investigated in seagull clubbing

Two state troopers being investigated for killing seagulls at a Seattle ferry dock with their police batons last week apparently were trying to rid a toll booth of a nest that was attracting aggressive birds, a state wildlife official said today.

By Lewis Kamb

Seattle Times staff reporter

Two state troopers being investigated for using their batons to kill seagulls last week at a Seattle ferry dock apparently were trying to rid a toll booth of a nest that was attracting aggressive birds, a state wildlife official said today.

"What has been alleged is that adult seagulls were divebombing and harassing ferry workers and individuals that were coming into the toll booth," said Bruce Bjork, chief of enforcement for the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.

"There happened to be nest on the toll booth that was attracting the adult birds," Bjork said. "I believe that the (killings) took place in the nest. What the troopers killed were juvenile birds."

State fish and wildlife officers are now investigating to determine if the troopers committed a crime. The incident occurred at the Colman Ferry Dock shortly after midnight Thursday.

Shortly after the incident, the troopers informed their supervisors that they'd killed the birds, State Patrol Capt. Jeff DeVere said today.

"The supervisor decided it raised a red flag," DeVere said. "These are a protected species and harming them is a misdemeanor. We had to look into why this occurred."

The troopers are alleged to have used their department-issued ASPs — police batons worn on their gunbelts — to strike and kill the young gulls, DeVere and Bjork both said. The only known witnesses to the incident were state ferry employees who were working at the dock at the time, Bjork said.

"There were some DOT workers there at the scene as well," Bjork said. "We don't know how many or who at this point, but that's part of what our investigators we'll be looking at."

State troopers began investigating the incident Thursday, informing the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife late Friday, Bjork said. The investigation was officially turned over to the state game department Monday morning, he said.

State fish and wildlife officers, who are dually commissioned as state and federal law enforcement officers, plan to take statements from the troopers and any witnesses, then pass along their findings to the King County Prosecutor's Office in about two to three weeks, Bjork said. The dead birds have not been taken into evidence, he said.

Seagulls are considered protected wildlife under Washington law.

According to the Revised Code of Washington, a person found guilty of an "unlawful taking," killing or harming of such protected bird species — including someone who "maliciously destroys the eggs or nests" — has committed a misdemeanor that can fetch a $1,000 fine and 90 days in jail.

"There is a federal law that protects seagulls, as well," Bjork said. "We'll be contacting the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and discussing this with their investigators, as well."

State wildlife officers routinely investigate such cases, Bjork said.

"We have investigated these types of cases before, but not, obviously, with the same fact pattern as we have with this one," Bjork said.

The troopers — a 13-year and 10-year veteran, both assigned to the state patrol's Homeland Security Division, which handles terminal and ferry security — have since been put on paid administrative leave while the case is investigated, DeVere said.

Once the criminal case is completed, the State Patrol will also launch an internal investigation to determine if the troopers violated any administrative policies, DeVere said.

"If they had no legitimate reason to kill these seagulls, then obviously that's not condoned by the Patrol and we will take the appropriate action," DeVere said. "But we really need to find out what the facts are before we jump to conclusions."

#524425 - 07/31/09 02:40 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Originally Posted By: stam
It's not really a fight when the rules favor one over another.

it's not really a fight at all..

If a seagull shits on your head often enough I bet the shotgun comes out.

+ 12 and counting!

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#524428 - 07/31/09 03:05 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Jerry Garcia]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
The clunker fund has run out of money. I got 19MPG on my last tank with no car payments so I guess I will keep driving my 12 year old Ford.

They are adding additional funding, Jerry. And what you get on an individual tank is meaningless. You'd need to check online to see if you vehicle qualifies.

#524454 - 07/31/09 04:07 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Hippie

Just curious if you are against the program in general, Hank?

This would seem to be right up the alley of most Repubs in that we're propping up big business.

I find the whole program ridiculous but there is no doubt that the program is doing what it was intended to do which is to replace cars with more efficient ones and to spur car-buying. I'd guess there aren't many dealerships or salesmen that are complaining.

This program doesn't benefit me at all so it is bullchit! rofl

#524482 - 07/31/09 05:42 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Originally Posted By: Kaiser D.

They are adding additional funding, Jerry. And what you get on an individual tank is meaningless. You'd need to check online to see if you vehicle qualifies.

I checked on line and Ford had mine listed at 17 MPG, 1 MPG under the limit of 18 MPG. I still get 19 MPG commuting, I think if I was on a trip I would get 22 or 23 so I think the Gov's figures are bogus.

Edited by Jerry Garcia (07/31/09 05:43 PM)

Lonnie Gane

#524484 - 07/31/09 05:45 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA

I checked on line and Ford had mine listed at 17 MPG, 1 MPG under the limit of 18 MPG. I still get 19 MPG commuting, I think if I was on a trip I would get 22 or 23 so I think the Gov's figures are bogus.

bogus government figures? what a shock! rofl hey the gov has to sell cars now that "we" are part owners stir

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#524485 - 07/31/09 05:46 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Hippie

I still get 19 MPG commuting, I think if I was on a trip I would get 22 or 23 so I think the Gov's figures are bogus.

Put the hammer down, Jerry, and you'll burn enough. Regardless if their figures are bogus, you are elligible and there is money now available.

#524500 - 07/31/09 06:17 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Hippie

Jerry SSTILL qualifies.

AuntyM and her husband STILL have medical care.

Many GOPers STILL think Obama is not an American.

#524501 - 07/31/09 06:19 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Conservative R's on the other hand would be more in favor of a tax cut...

Really? I hadn't heard that before? huh

Must be part of the new Republican Party platform... huh? doh cowboy

#524523 - 07/31/09 07:03 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

My truck qualifies but I can't justify the expense. So they will give me $3500 if I buy a vehicle that gets 2 more MPG than my current rig under the assumption that it will save energy. What about the energy that it takes to manufacture the new car, do you suppose that is factored in to the equation?

Lonnie Gane

#524530 - 07/31/09 07:21 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Jerry Garcia]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Do you think the United States Treasury can afford to give EVERYONE a $4500 tax cut to buy a new car Hank?

Hell... the wingnuts are screamin' "re-distribution of wealth" now!

Just imagine...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1431 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |