Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#543019 - 10/03/09 03:23 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Its not a week. Try renewing and processing new members from banquets in 17 states between February and June. Prime time. The rest end up in the early fall. They only have 7 people in Houston. One of our chapters sent them chartruese colored tickets. They almost had a mutiny.

#543028 - 10/03/09 04:31 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: sykofish]
fishingorwishing Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I Wanna know do people on this site just want to fill our rivers with a ton of hatchery fish and just say the hell with wild fish. I may be wrong but that is what I'm reading from some' replies. I you know about the wild/hatchery battle. hatcheries hinder fish recovery. they take up space, food sources and then they try to spawn with wild fish. the same as killing that wild fish before it gets to the spawning ground. So CCA, and people on this board wants more hatchery fish?

#543032 - 10/03/09 04:59 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: fishingorwishing]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: fishingorwishing
I Wanna know do people on this site just want to fill our rivers with a ton of hatchery fish and just say the hell with wild fish. I may be wrong but that is what I'm reading from some' replies. I you know about the wild/hatchery battle. hatcheries hinder fish recovery. they take up space, food sources and then they try to spawn with wild fish. the same as killing that wild fish before it gets to the spawning ground. So CCA, and people on this board wants more hatchery fish?

Go do some homework on what's really left with "Wild or Native" fish on the Columbia River basin...

You'll be suprised at the #'s of mis-clipped or non-clipped hatchery fish there really are......

Sad but true........

Keith

#543053 - 10/03/09 07:00 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: fishingorwishing]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: fishingorwishing

No.

Without hatchery fish, currently raised, there would be no season. The last group anyone should be pointing the finger at is CCA. Theyve known about our problem for years and had the opinion, we didnt want to actually work to solve the problem. Considering how many fisherman are sitting on their hands, I would have to agree. CCA didnt cause this. It was unorganized sportsmen, who would not pitch in and put a viable organization together. They made two underfunded trips to the ballot box and lost both times. It was fishery managers who, at the direction of a short sighted legislature, allowed overharvest. It was a federal govt who allowed the complete blockage of the columbia river.

#543174 - 10/04/09 02:21 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I have to ask how standing around at the boat launch and complaining about the state of things for the last 20 years has helped with your fishing opportunities?

The commercials pay lobbyists to promote their fishing through legislators and WDFW. The sportsman of WA have been splintered since day one and still would not come together to form one stance. Still won't. We have had our ass handed to us for as long as I have been in this state and still can't get the sportsman on board because "everyone's little corner is not included" in the initial plan. No one every gets everything they want and if your waiting for that then " Put one hand under your ass and the other one out and see which one fills up first". Because that is what you have been handed all these years.
Sure CCA seems focused on the Columbia, but we have to start somewhere. Sure they talk about raising funds,because the commercials pay a fee through their membership to retain counsel, and we are just getting started. The commercials have had years of access to our legislators and Dept heads and we are playing catch up. Sure there is all this talk about raising members, because the commercials,tribes all have their members lined up. We are decades behind and need to come out of the gate swinging. That takes members,money and determination.There is a lot of heavy lifting being done by a few members in each chapter, others have joined but not given to the resource through their time. Yet others have not even given the cost of a boat trip with a buddy even though they stand around and complain about the state of affairs.
Look in the mirror and ask your self what you have given up in the name of your sport, because I have given selflessly as have others who try daily to protect and promote the very resource others stand on the sideline and complain about.The pitiful thing is some won't get on board until all the hard work is done and they will stand around patting themselves on the back about all they have done, when in fact things could have changed faster if they had gotten into the game.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#543187 - 10/04/09 03:40 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: eyeFISH]
NanookWillie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: God's Country Oregon
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Don't plan on stepping aboard without presenting a current membership card or a credit card receipt or cancelled check. No exceptions.

CCA YES but I still only draw the line with bananas
and green round stickers.

#543278 - 10/05/09 12:07 AM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: eyeFISH]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

Don't plan on stepping aboard without presenting a current membership card or a credit card receipt or cancelled check.

No exceptions.

so if the coast guard comes along side your boat and wants to inspect it are you going to ask him if he`s a cca member ??

#543291 - 10/05/09 01:11 AM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Do you wet the bed, if you dont get enough attention?

#543333 - 10/05/09 11:55 AM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
Probably not, that's why he created his own forum. Somewhere he could go and raise cain and hope to get away with it, since Bruce couldn't deal with him either.

http://outlawfishing.forumotion.net/forum.htm

#543334 - 10/05/09 12:08 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Todd
hell, I've been known to fish with people from Oregon

You just stepped past the line, dude.

laugh

#543335 - 10/05/09 12:13 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: parker

laugh

I've even had a Duck fan and a Beaver fan in a boat at the same time...you think the banter is thick on this thread?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#543336 - 10/05/09 12:16 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I've even had a Duck fan and a Beaver fan in a boat at the same time

Be that was a nice quiet and peaceful float down the river.

laugh

#543338 - 10/05/09 12:20 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
After a while they just started ripping me for being a Husky fan, which I think was the only thing they agreed on all day...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#543432 - 10/05/09 04:44 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: The Moderator]
NanookWillie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: God's Country Oregon
Originally Posted By: parker

laugh

Pssst. Todd. How do you know Godzilla is loose again?

You can smell Washington on his breath.

Off to find the bullet proof vest and funny colored "rain" umbrella now.

#543468 - 10/05/09 05:50 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Thrasher]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Thrasher
Probably not, that's why he created his own forum. Somewhere he could go and raise cain and hope to get away with it, since Bruce couldn't deal with him either.

http://outlawfishing.forumotion.net/forum.htm

whats my forum and bruce have to do with this thread ?

#543471 - 10/05/09 05:56 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: boater]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Just you Donkey .. . . .

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#543488 - 10/05/09 06:55 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: FishRanger]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: FishRanger
Just you Donkey .. . . .

#543872 - 10/06/09 10:25 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
VGS1 Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, Wa.
Hey there,

You can join online, or get the application right off the back of the current fishing regs. The Twin Harbor Chapter is just getting started. Before now alot off Coasties for lack of a better word were members but really had no local chapter. People with area codes within the coast region will now have a chapter to belong too.

I too adopted the policy of CCA members only for friends and buddy's.
I will however give each client that books with me an application and info about CCA. I feel if they like fishing enough to book a trip, then 25 dollars to join a good cause will be viewed as a bargain!!!!

VGS1

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (NOFISH, Tug 3), 1134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |