Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#543252 - 10/04/09 11:00 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Rotten Chum]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Even BLIND squirrels can go 2 fer 7 ...fricken little hooks...We just can't floss worth a crap..I think it's the cast down stream reel up stream where we're screwing up...Sue ,I n WDFW need lessons, anybody?

Edited by RognSue (10/04/09 11:04 PM)

#543255 - 10/04/09 11:03 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Rotten Chum]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
I got a ticket a long time back for hunting in a closed area. I told the judge I thought the unit was open and the the regs were confusing. He asked me "Whose responsibility is it to know what the rules are?" of course I had to say me, the guy hunting. I think the logic is the same when it comes to fishing, with or without a guide.

Edited by huntncoug (10/04/09 11:06 PM)

#543262 - 10/04/09 11:25 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: fishmaster]
tomy salami Offline
Fry

"From what I could gather by doing a little eves dropping"...........

"I'm thinking it probably should have been Eli Rico who got the ticket"...................................

-----------You know, Mom always said, "Anytime you point a finger at somebody, you still have three pointing back at you."..................

Damn skippy, Mom.

Who cares what who did, and where. You are worse than some candied ass in school who whines to the teacher about the guys smoking in the bathroom, only because they trash more poon than you.

"Eves dropping"..........and "I'm thinking".........is an awfully yellow bellied way of being an online moral policeman.

Stay out of the wardens business. Guarantee the gamey got everybody he could have. Not your job to be "thinking" on the subject.

#543263 - 10/04/09 11:27 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: huntncoug]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Is it possible that the guys bought an on-line license and punch card.....and just hadn't received the punch card(s) yet?
I know you can print out the license right away, but I believe you have to wait for the punch card to come in the mail.
Just a thought.

#543264 - 10/04/09 11:33 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: tomy salami]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
I understand what your saying Salami but this post is needed, for several reasons, it opens conversation on the topic, as well as informs other fisherman on what the laws are and the reprucussions of not following it whether you are a guide, a fisherman or fishing with a guide. Again its silly to use such an off the wall analogy to refer to this situation, lets just take it at face value.

#543266 - 10/04/09 11:39 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: huntncoug]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Nobody likes a tattletale, Danny.

Except of course, me.

#543268 - 10/04/09 11:46 PM Re: BUSTED? [Re: RognSue]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
Originally Posted By: RognSue
Even BLIND squirrels can go 2 fer 7 ...fricken little hooks...We just can't floss worth a crap..I think it's the cast down stream reel up stream where we're screwing up...Sue ,I n WDFW need lessons, anybody?

Good to see you guys again. I had to leave that spot and move down river to find some. Reeling up stream works a lot more than people think, if you hooked 7 I wouldn't stop.

#543275 - 10/05/09 12:03 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: CraigO]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
This summer I invited a few people fishing on my boat that I don't usually fish with...after TWO trips in a row with individuals that I invited on my boat confessing half way through our day that they didn't have fishing licenses I said "enough is enough" Unfortunately, one unprepared person ruins the day for everyone on the boat. I always require people who I haven't fished with before to show me their license and CRC before we head out. Maybe a little anal on my part, but I think it is better to lay the ground rules than have a couple hundred dollar ticket ruin everyone's day. Not sure who's at fault, but I either way it can ruin everyone's day.

BTW...I've fished with numerous guides, and NONE of them have ever asked whether or not I have a valid fishing license, let alone asked to see it.

#543276 - 10/05/09 12:06 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: tomy salami]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
Originally Posted By: tomy salami
"From what I could gather by doing a little eves dropping"...........

"I'm thinking it probably should have been Eli Rico who got the ticket"...................................

-----------You know, Mom always said, "Anytime you point a finger at somebody, you still have three pointing back at you."..................

Damn skippy, Mom.

Who cares what who did, and where. You are worse than some candied ass in school who whines to the teacher about the guys smoking in the bathroom, only because they trash more poon than you.

"Eves dropping"..........and "I'm thinking".........is an awfully yellow bellied way of being an online moral policeman.

Stay out of the wardens business. Guarantee the gamey got everybody he could have. Not your job to be "thinking" on the subject.

Big Stick............

#543277 - 10/05/09 12:07 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: fishmaster]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Originally Posted By: fishmaster

I guess I have learned somthing from you, how to make worthless posts!

Hey I learned that from you, back when you made your post on when nobody would let you into any cliques

#543281 - 10/05/09 12:27 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Homer]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Woah...
They PAID for their licenses, but "forgot" the FREE catch record card and made an attempt to record the info somewhere else...?

Sounds HEINOUS!!!

Dude, STFU.

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#543282 - 10/05/09 12:29 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: fishmaster]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone

rofl rofl rofl

#543283 - 10/05/09 12:35 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Brewer]
Erik Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: North of Seattle/ South of For...
This is a case of "ya don't know what ya got 'till it's gone". We miss you Big Daddy!

#543284 - 10/05/09 12:38 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Thrasher]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

I find this kind of news reporting, about anyone, just slimey. If you think its important enough to trash someone elses, name or business, in this manner, you should be willing to give your legal name.

The first time I ever spoke to Eli Rico, was in Sportco. He didnt work there, but he spent at least fifteen minutes answering questions and actually looked thru the rod rack, when I was looking for a rod for springers.

Whether the story is true or not, people screw up and learn from the experience. For all we know, the game warden could have been talking about another experience, he had with someone else.

#543285 - 10/05/09 12:40 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: Erik]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Erik
We miss you Big Daddy!

WTF Did he leave again?

#543289 - 10/05/09 01:00 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: fishmaster]
fire escape Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
I have to put in my two cents on this one. I use to guide on the Snohomish system for 20 years and Eli is one of the best people I've met. I've watched him many times and he is always professional and polite. He does not go out to break the rules.

I have personaly taken friends lately that have shown up without punch cards. What happens is the damn people that sell these things don't know what in the hell they are doing. So you ask your guys do you have your licenses? They answer yes and your off until it's time to mark your catch and you find out they didn't recieve their puchcard.

How are people that do not fish often suppose to know if they have the right stuff? The stores need to train there staff better! They told them they need everything for fresh water salmon fishing.

I too would choose to write it on their license for the day.
Going back to the store to straighten it all out is not always an option.
Some of these people have paid for airfare, hotel, dinners, rental car, and clothing.
Most only have one day to fish and they have paid for the right stuff on their license.

Guides don't get any better than Eli.

#543293 - 10/05/09 01:13 AM Re: BUSTED? [Re: fire escape]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett

This is slanderous BS. Knowing Eli he would deal with any situation like this to the best of his ability.

Locked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |