THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#548335 - 10/22/09 06:32 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 ***** [Re: salmon bake]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: salmon bake

Fishing the day after you net all the salmon,sturgeon and steelhead to death the sport fishing goes to hell.

how do you think sportfishing will be after the gillnetters switch to a method that will enable them to take more fish ?, have you even thought of that ?

#548336 - 10/22/09 06:33 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Illahee]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: freespool
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
Freespool, I think there is a quote somewhere of her calling you a tool.

Are you desperate for a wing man?

It's a rare occasion that AuntyM and I agree on any subject, but in your case I'm going to have to agree with her, you do need to sit down and STFU.
rofl

I didnt figure you for the Archie Bunker type. This should be fun.

some folks cant handle freedom of speech. Got a problem with being challenged? You came to the wrong site.

#548338 - 10/22/09 06:34 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: salmon bake]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

A gillnetter on a sportfishing forum, shows me you netters are getting desperate.

if you think i`m a gillnetter you are about as stupid as they come.

#548339 - 10/22/09 06:34 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Illahee]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

When they can't win they cry like babies and start telling riddles. Hahaha I laugh. Goodbye gillnets! The first step to reform is coming. If you think keeping these nets is a good idea for whatever reason, well then you support gillnetting. I don't.

#548340 - 10/22/09 06:39 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: boater]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Seems like you live in a mud puddle boater. Clearly state without a riddle who's side your on. I already know, but why be so obtuse?

#548343 - 10/22/09 06:45 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: salmon bake]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

When they can't win they cry like babies and start telling riddles. Hahaha I laugh. Goodbye gillnets! The first step to reform is coming. If you think keeping these nets is a good idea for whatever reason, well then you support gillnetting. I don't.

read this following news release and pay attension to the part that says,

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=aug2809b

“Commercial boats could actually catch a lot more hatchery-reared salmon if we can find new ways to reduce mortalities of protected wild fish.”

they realy do mean "alot more", and, i do not like gillnets and think that we the sportsman should be trying anyway we can to get us more fish not the commercials, i`m not jumping on the give the commercials more fish bandwagon because it will screw sportfishing up, this issue needs to be thought out and apparently you cant think.

#548345 - 10/22/09 06:46 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater

Fishing the day after you net all the salmon,sturgeon and steelhead to death the sport fishing goes to hell.

how do you think sportfishing will be after the gillnetters switch to a method that will enable them to take more fish ?, have you even thought of that ?

why is it so difficult for you to understand this is not one shot victory. There are plenty of battles behind this one. You keep asking the same stupid question expecting a different answer. You assume the harvest rules CANT be changed.

There will be people who quit fishing if the numbers on the CR go down. let them go. The rest of us WANT wild fish to have a chance to recover. Selective gear is not the magic pill, its a first step. While you would do nothing the tribes would continue unquestioned until we have functionally extinct runs of fish in every river they net. Then some peta group will pick up where the owl huggers left off and the Columbia could get closed permanently JUST LIKE THEY WANT TO DO TO PUGET SOUND RIGHT NOW. The rockfish plan blames sportsmen for overharvesting ground fish. Meanwhile there are only two bottom draggers left, since all the others are out of work. DUH ! CCA is not going to change their approach based on what you have to back it up. You have nothing.
Ya pissin in the wind.

#548348 - 10/22/09 06:55 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater

read this following news release and pay attension to the part that says,

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=aug2809b

“Commercial boats could actually catch a lot more hatchery-reared salmon if we can find new ways to reduce mortalities of protected wild fish.”

they realy do mean "alot more", and, i do not like gillnets and think that we the sportsman should be trying anyway we can to get us more fish not the commercials, i`m not jumping on the give the commercials more fish bandwagon because it will screw sportfishing up, this issue needs to be thought out and apparently you cant think.

SO WHAT? what is the motivation for changing gear? what part of the colville hatchery plan do you not understand? More fish?

#548354 - 10/22/09 07:35 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I'd like to ask someone who might know other than Baked or Lead Eater, who's paying for this recommericalization of the gillnet fleet?
Are the netters paying for this boondoggle or is the tax payers buying this?
The entire commercial fishing industry in Oregon contributes 1% of ODFW annual budget.

#548355 - 10/22/09 07:38 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: ]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Looks like boater just had a couple bails of hay dumped into the river upstream from his nets. Go join the muckleshoot tribe boater, you would fit right in.

#548356 - 10/22/09 07:47 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Illahee]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Hey soft stool, this aint the national healthcare debate. So weak you come up with the "who's going to pay for it" tactic. The diarrhea is pouring out of your mouth

#548368 - 10/22/09 08:39 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

Add in the fact that tribes are selling less desirable fish in the same marketplace as commercials and it's rather obvious that boater's scenario is pure bull sh!t. No way the tribes are going to let the non-tribals get a much larger share, especially if the commercials use clever marketing and sell their fish as ESA safe.

i guess you haven't been following this thread.

#548377 - 10/22/09 08:56 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
I just don't buy into chicken little's panic attacks as an excuse to maintain the status quo for his buddies.

the news release you posted is old news, almost (not mentioning any names) everyone knows about the catch share agreement, but, answer this, when they talk about increasing access to hatchery fish for the commercials where are they comming from if they dont come from sports ?

http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/policies/c3617_attch1.pdf

(b) Continue to provide opportunities and resources to further develop selective commercial fishing techniques with a goal of reducing mortality of listed fish and increasing access to hatchery fish.

#548378 - 10/22/09 08:59 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Send the seiner up there, impacts on wild salmon go from 100% down to 2%..

There's a sucker born every minute

#548390 - 10/22/09 09:35 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: SBD]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Wouldn't a plan to do away with LCR commercial harvesters and improving sportfishers access to the hatchery fish be a better idea?
Let's use tax dollars to improve sportfishing, not commercial fishing.

#548427 - 10/22/09 10:23 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Illahee]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Only if your in the camp that the tribes will remain above Bonneville, I'm not and one of the tribal members I spoke with made the comment when we get the lower river back were asking for half the sturgeon.

#548433 - 10/22/09 10:39 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: SBD]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

You'll get no argument from me on that issue.
But let me ask you this question, what has kept the Tribes above the dam thus far?
Their Treaty says they can fish where their ancestors fished, so were there ancestors all camped out above Bonneville?
I don't think anything can stop them if they choose to harvest below the dam.

#548436 - 10/22/09 11:17 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Illahee]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

There getting alot better at fishing and more capitalized and the tribes are growing along with the rest of the population and remember white men chose the reservation sites. The diaries of Lewis and Clark document the tribes all the way down to the mouth of the Columbia.

#548444 - 10/22/09 11:50 PM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: SBD]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

JFC, I can't believe what dumb fvks some of you folks are being here. And I even agree with your general sentiments, but the way you're carrying on in this thread, you might as well sign up and work for the commercial fishing lobby. That's you buddies: LB, AuntyM, Boater, Freespool, new guy SBD, and the ultimate dipsh!t of the LCR, Salmonbake.

First off, if you don't name who you're responding to in your posts, the forum assumes it's the post immediately previous to yours, even tho sometimes it's quite obvious you're not.

Aunty, you keep coming up with the tribes not letting WDFW increase the non-treaty share in the LCR, but you're overlooking that when the tribes point out catch imbalances, they're not referring to anything like 50:50. They're complaining about the non-treaty combined share exceeding 2% of the ESA take, and eating into their 13% share. Further, WDFW is now on record supporting increased commercial harvest (and those m'fvkers don't equate treaty commercial harvest with commercial harvest to add extreme insult to extreme injury) thru selective fishing to make the ESA allowable take go further with more hatchery fish being caught. If you've been paying attention, you'll recall that the shares of spring chinook are already accounted for, and the only place left for more commercial harvest to come from is LCR sport harvest. You don't have to like it, but with your reading skills you'll find that there's no where else for it to come from.

Salmonbake is a dipsh!t without hope, so ignoring his posts is the most constructive response, so why don't you guys do it?

LB and Boater, you guys are on opposite sides of the street, but can't seem to notice you live on the same side of the fishing interest town. So why the fvk can't you start acting like it and try to discuss the issue without the pissing match? Neither of you is that stupid, so why do you keep acting like it?

Freespool, don't join the sh!t storm, it'll only drag you down, and it goes nowhere and doesn't taste so good either.

I can't f'n believe that yet another simple CR chinook thread has descended into this useless morass, demonstrating beyond the slightest doubt that sport fishermen would rather piss in each other's beer than actually do something positive for their fishery interests.

Have a nice time with your idiotic behavior.

Sg

#548484 - 10/23/09 03:33 AM Re: columbia spring chinook 2010 [Re: Salmo g.]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Signing off this thread salmo g. Just like you request. Go to the first page and read my first post. All I was sayin was join the CCA and we were In for a large return. You know, there is a P.M. Function on here. I stood up for what I thought was right and I will always stick to that. Enough said. I could care less that you feel the need to call names, I continue to support the CCA in a big time way, financially. Flattering you think I'm a huge dip$hit, look through the thread and the real dippies stick out like a sore thumb. Thanks for playing daddy salmo. Peace out

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |