THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#570910 - 01/10/10 03:13 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Im guessing he is referring to the LNG ships getting loaded. I think it will require a shut down to prevent a terrorist attack from the river.

Knowing his way around? Thats an admission, of sorts.

He rarely speaks in details.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/10/10 03:14 PM)

#570915 - 01/10/10 03:52 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2009/12/14/20091214biz-exxon1215.html

If Walter Fondrun/Exxon needs the lower river that bad just get out the check book. Starting to explain alot, couldn't understand why CCA would want the terminal fisheries shut down since its feeding Bouy 10 and salt. Its cuz theres the problem..Of course Jane sees it so we have a turtle protection area, where theres no turtles.. Have fun Guys

There's a sucker born every minute

#570919 - 01/10/10 04:24 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

As usual, you dont make any sense. BTW Walter is retired from CCA. The fact that he did what few would even try, is testimony, that it can be done.

Walter is low fruit. People are quick to assume that oil people dont want to protect fish or the environment. The fishing near the oil platforms is very good and makes for great habitat.

Why is it, that environmental groups support commercial fishing?
Maybe cause the money and the leadership, comes from those in the commercial fishing industry.

Its a lot like representing hunters.......
while using them to throw anglers under the bus, as a commercial spokesman.

Which is why we almost lost the fish and wildlife commission in the 2009 session.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/10/10 04:27 PM)

#570924 - 01/10/10 04:43 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Of course this must be really bad, that an energy company would buy out, another energy company.

We have larger supplies of natural gas than we do oil. Its cleaner than oil or coal. The coal lobby is very effective in democratic states. The clean coal propaganda is just that. Cap and trade will favor coal and its the dirtier fuel. In both cases, you get coal fired electrical plants or gas fired electrical plants. You can run vehicles on natural gas, which keeps a lot of oil money in the US.

Burlington Northern, now owned by Warren Buffet hauls a lot of coal. Big democrat.
Al Gore is/was a pretty large stock holder of Occidental Petroleum.

They use to use Arsenic to separate gold from other materials. Own any gold?

If you want to get involved in an energy fight, take on Royal-Dutch-Shell, who have drilling rights near the mouth of a couple canadian rivers. Not Walter Foundren....

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/10/10 04:46 PM)

#570929 - 01/10/10 05:17 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Jhook]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: Jhook
Originally Posted By: boater

Boater you are more than welcome.

na, i`m on board with getting rid of gillnets but not giving the commercials more fish, if thats what you guys want good luck.

Then why in the hell don't you come and listen instead of ASSUMING something that is not true? Afraid of what you might hear?

everything points to the gillnetters getting more hatchery fish when they add a selective method to there arsinal, what makes you think they wont ?, and if you think they will what effect do you think that will have on sportfishing and fish recovery ?

#570932 - 01/10/10 05:31 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!

Boater you are more than welcome.

na, i`m on board with getting rid of gillnets but not giving the commercials more fish, if thats what you guys want good luck.

Then why in the hell don't you come and listen instead of ASSUMING something that is not true? Afraid of what you might hear?

everything points to the gillnetters getting more hatchery fish when they add a selective method to there arsinal, what makes you think they wont ?, and if you think they will what effect do you think that will have on sportfishing and fish recovery ?

If that is true why are the commercials fighting this so hard?

Fish recovery has to do with "Wild and native" fish.

Like a dog on a bone.

How's that status quo working out for you?

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#570940 - 01/10/10 05:50 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

People are quick to assume that oil people dont want to protect fish or the environment.

Gee I wonder why that might be? Are you really that dense, or you just trying to make us laugh? rofl

#570943 - 01/10/10 06:01 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Illahee]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: freespool
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

People are quick to assume that oil people dont want to protect fish or the environment.

Gee I wonder why that might be? Are you really that dense, or you just trying to make us laugh? rofl

So why don't you want to protect "wild" fish?

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#570949 - 01/10/10 06:25 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

If that is true why are the commercials fighting this so hard?

Fish recovery has to do with "Wild and native" fish.

Like a dog on a bone.

How's that status quo working out for you?

Fishy

can you answer the questions i posted ?

#570951 - 01/10/10 06:33 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
LB:

You said

"The coal lobby is very effective in democratic states. The clean coal propaganda is just that. Cap and trade will favor coal and its the dirtier fuel. In both cases, you get coal fired electrical plants or gas fired electrical plants. You can run vehicles on natural gas, which keeps a lot of oil money in the US.

Burlington Northern, now owned by Warren Buffet hauls a lot of coal. Big democrat.

Al Gore is/was a pretty large stock holder of Occidental Petroleum."

The facts are:

Stat Tons
(billions) Percent of U.S.
Montana 120 25.4
Illinois 78 16.5
Wyoming 68 14.4
West Virginia 37 8.0
Kentucky 30 6.3
Pennsylvania 29 6.1
Ohio 19 4.0
Colorado 17 3.6
Texas 13 2.7
Indiana 10 2.1
Other States 51 10.9
TOTAL 472 100.0

Hardly a democratic line up of states. Yeah, those liberal Montanan's Wyomingites, and Texans are the problem. NOT!

Two points. You attempted to interject partisan politics where there was no reason or logical link, and you once again made statement that are clearly hog wash.

I belong to CCA and support them, but you are NOT helping!

#570952 - 01/10/10 06:59 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper

can you answer the questions i posted ?

Do you offer anything positive? What have you done for the fish?

#570954 - 01/10/10 07:09 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Ok Dave,

I should have said the coal lobby is more effective than the natural gas lobby. I dont know how Walter Foundren votes, nor do I care.

Happy?

Its also doesnt help when someone takes a shot at cca, just because they have oil people. Obviously freespool hasnt watched any fishing shows on the gulf.

He will use any excuse to divide anglers and defeat the legislation.

#570956 - 01/10/10 07:28 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's not "oil", it's "big energy"...it's why the CCA here in the PNW won't be allowed to come out against dams or dam operations on the Columbia...electricity and aluminum production.

fishy, 2% dead is 2% dead, whether you kill them with gillnets, purse seines, or lollipops...even if lollipops taste better.

How's that status quo getting even worse working for ya?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#570963 - 01/10/10 08:27 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

CCA has been involved in two more dam removal projects than Todd has. Im sure he will catch up any day....

Both in Maine. Its on the accomplishments list. Need a map?

For the sake of clarification. CCA does not RUN anglers in the NW. Anglers run the CCA. They dont take on projects they cannot win, within a reasonable length of time. Dams dont come down in a reasonable length of time.

Anytime, you want to get involved with another organization to tear down a dam, you can donate your own money and time to do so. Im sure a lot of guys died waiting for the Elwha dams to come down.

Using the process of elimination is more valuable to those who want to make the case against dams. Once they cannot blame harvest, hatcheries and general habitat, there will only be one H left.

Of course, that H will be Hershel the sealion. Either way, we fight to the end.

#570965 - 01/10/10 08:40 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd

fishy, 2% dead is 2% dead, whether you kill them with gillnets, purse seines, or lollipops...even if lollipops taste better.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd, it's apparent the Cult or Cult leader of CCA has brain washed these guys and Math just doesn't make sense to them anymore...

Yeah, gillnets have drop-outs and the fish stolen by furry creatures (Christ, I've donated probably 15 Springers in my career on the Big C to them furry buggers and I don't fish the Big C much) and let's face it, we've all turned loose bleeders in our lives... I can't tell you how many finned fish I've had gut-shot a herring, bait of eggs or engulf a kwikfish wrapped or unwrapped, I mean Spring Chinook are quite the over-achievers. Sort of reminds me of Doc's other thread, SINS of fishing... Oh wait, let's lobby for barbless hooks... That will really make the difference... rofl More selective.... Too funny....... rofl

Let's get serious folks, time is our worst enemy and CCA is going to sell us short on our hatchery fish of the future.

I'm getting close to calling it quits on these boards, I get so sick of the arm-chair fisherman trying to dictate what's right and wrong and what we should do to save the fish.... Then you have the old folks trying to protect the future because they feel so guilty for F'ning it up for their kids, face it we've all screwed it for ourselves over the 100+ years.

Face it, you aren't going to save the friggin wild fish unless you quit fishing as a whole.... Keep hitting fast forward CCA, the sky is falling and the end is coming......

You bet your ass I'm as negative as can be.... It makes me sick "sitting back" and watching it go down.......

Keith thumbs

#570969 - 01/10/10 08:47 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
It's not "oil", it's "big energy"...it's why the CCA here in the PNW won't be allowed to come out against dams or dam operations on the Columbia...electricity and aluminum production.

Fish on...

Todd

Conspiracy theory. rofl

CCA stopped an LNG project in the gulf that posed a threat to recovery. LNG is big energy last time I checked.

rofl

All you've got to do is take the five minutes required to read who the lobbyists and lobbying firms who represent the CCA...not to mention where all the money comes from to hire them.

Shoot the messenger all you want...it doesn't change the message.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#570971 - 01/10/10 08:56 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Todd, if a friend of yours, was ever charged with a felony like Murder.

Would you have recommended, OJ's legal team? (assuming they were all living and working)

#570975 - 01/10/10 08:59 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
Keith, not being smart here, but all I have heard from you lately is negative remarks and posts about the CCA. So instead of all this negative crud, why don't you just tell us all how to fix our fisheries. I will be looking for your answer to this........thanks........Chuck G

#570976 - 01/10/10 09:04 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Fish on...

Todd

I've seen you whine and cry about one "wild" fish on the OP and you don't see the impact of using selective gear on the big C will have, your about as stupid as a guy with a fishing gear company pissing people off that go fishing.

I'm getting close to calling it quits on these boards, I get so sick of the arm-chair fisherman trying to dictate what's right and wrong and what we should do to save the fish.... Then you have the old folks trying to protect the future because they feel so guilty for F'ning it up for their kids, face it we've all screwed it for ourselves over the 100+ years.

Face it, you aren't going to save the friggin wild fish unless you quit fishing as a whole.... Keep hitting fast forward CCA, the sky is falling and the end is coming......

You bet your ass I'm as negative as can be.... It makes me sick "sitting back" and watching it go down.......

Keith thumbs

See ya, keep trying to use the same methods has gotten us here seems to be your formula.

Fishy

#570980 - 01/10/10 09:10 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: N W Panhandler]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: N W Panhandler
Keith, not being smart here, but all I have heard from you lately is negative remarks and posts about the CCA. So instead of all this negative crud, why don't you just tell us all how to fix our fisheries. I will be looking for your answer to this........thanks........Chuck G

His post said he wanted to close down fishing on the wild fish. What organization does he belong too that wants, and has the ability to close down the entire west coast fishery in the ocean and the CR.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

Page 18 of 30 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 385 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |