THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#575721 - 01/25/10 06:01 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM

I think most people are able to grasp the idea that fishing ABOVE a fleet of gillnets is no picnic and think more fish will get past seines.

not my fault they are stupid.

#575722 - 01/25/10 06:09 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Um Less hatchery fish will get by the seines but more wild fish..I agree with that! Not sure how thats going to go over with all the other user groups but its going to fun to watch.

There's a sucker born every minute

#575725 - 01/25/10 06:29 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

The tribes also caught 14,422 sockeye this summer, about 500 with a tangle net and the rest with the purse seine. The summer-fall chinook or the sockeye are not ESA-listed. But the tribes' want a sufficient number of the wild fish to escape spawn and keep the populations healthy. The 700-foot long purse seine is deployed in a J or U shape, extending down into the water 40 feet. As it fills with fish, the ends are pulled together to entrap salmon and other stocks.

#575726 - 01/25/10 06:30 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Suit yourselves, but I fail to see how purse seines CAN take more than a wall of gillnets. Especially since they have to close the net and take TIME to sort...

I'm sure a few sheep will believe you though. rofl

why do you think the wdfw is testing this new selective gear ?

#575736 - 01/25/10 06:54 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

actually the only wild salmon the LCR gillnetters release are wild spring chinook

#575740 - 01/25/10 06:57 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Aunty I have no problem with switching the lower river river commercials over to seining. Don't think its going to work in the shallow terminal fisheries but there not the problem. Its the mixed stock mainstem fisheries, my grandaddy always used to tell me quit trying to fix something if it ain't broke. Hope CCA oregon knows what there doing because in the words of one state manager. They haven't a clue how bad this is going to hurt the Bouy 10/Salt sports fisherys.

#575752 - 01/25/10 07:16 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Time will tell my friend..Besides could you just imagine a gillnet getting sucked into the intake of one of those LNG tankers when there loading 50 million gallons of ballast water.. evil

Edited by SBD (01/25/10 07:21 PM)

#575765 - 01/25/10 07:50 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: SBD]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: SBD

They haven't a clue how bad this is going to hurt the Bouy 10/Salt sports fisherys.

i think alot of people are realizing what effect this is going to have on sportfishing, and thats a good thing thumbs

#575777 - 01/25/10 08:10 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: UpRiver Springer]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: UpRiver Springer

Reading the stuff CCA's goverment committee is posting on Ifsih, they support closing the terminal areas. DOn't know why, but thats what their position seems to be.

The terminal areas are on both sides of the columbia so its not just an Oregon thing.

ifish, nor any other fishing board is an official release site for posting information. It does not serve the fish or anglers well, to misrepresent was the organization position on any issue. With three posts, Id say you a phishing for information. Many of them post nothing and the few that do, are not speaking for the org.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/25/10 09:26 PM)

#575783 - 01/25/10 08:28 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: Fast and Furious]
UpRiver Springer Offline
Fry

Loc: Up the river
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
Originally Posted By: UpRiver Springer
.... and who will be closing terminal fisheries?

I love all this conspiracy stuff you guys make up. Fun stuff! rofl

Reading the stuff CCA's goverment committee is posting on Ifsih, they support closing the terminal areas. DOn't know why, but thats what their position seems to be.

The terminal areas are on both sides of the columbia so its not just an Oregon thing.

ifish, nor any other fishing board is an official release site for posting information. It does not serve the fish or anglers well, to misrepresent was the organization position on any issue. With three posts, Id say you a phishing for information. Many of them post nothing and the few that do, are not speaking for the org.

Reading these threds the number of posts on here means ZERO.

auntym asked who would close the terminal areas?

I gave the answer - Gunrodbow and other CCA leadership have posted the areas are not needed. Those guys are posting the CCA party line. Read it yourself. Start on the threads by, for, and about promoting the CCA projects.

#575787 - 01/25/10 08:44 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

So Lead Bouncer whats CCA's offical position on LNG, I went to there site but theres no contact us link..Did I miss it? Did see the regular dam's aren't the problem its harvest stuff though.

#575801 - 01/25/10 09:33 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

So who is the voice if someone wants to ask some simple questions..Or would I need to call someone in Irvine Texas. eek2

#575811 - 01/25/10 09:59 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

go pound sand. I dont care what you cant find.

#575818 - 01/25/10 10:07 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

I found it good buddy! Thanks..and whats pounding sand mean?

#575827 - 01/25/10 10:21 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: SBD]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

#575828 - 01/25/10 10:22 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: SBD]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: SBD
So who is the voice if someone wants to ask some simple questions..Or would I need to call someone in Irvine Texas. eek2

I hope you appreciate this. I looked through 70+ organizations to find you one with your same interests with LNG. Not to much interest out there with LNG, I guess.
http://www.columbiariverkeeper.org/
They could probably need your help. With that said jack

Nothing to do with initiative.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#575831 - 01/25/10 10:30 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: Lucky Louie]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Thanks I know of this group..Good people who care about the Columbia.. Salmon.. clean water and making sure there's something here for the grandkids..

#575875 - 01/26/10 01:10 AM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: SBD]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
SBD you seem really interested in what is going on with the CCA. There is a really easy way to find out, join and go to some meetings, then you will find out what we are up to. In the mean time, check out the web site, positions are posted there along with other info.

#575918 - 01/26/10 11:12 AM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: N W Panhandler]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Thanks..But I'm already at odds with them over the Hydro's not a problem statements..Got a really close friend who's been proving that statement wrong for the last twenty years, and alot of his data was used by Redden. I'm sure theres some very good projects going by alot of well meaning people but just very leary of folks coming in from the Gulf with promises of fixing the PNW. Especially when there timing is right along with another Gulf group that claims to be good for the Columbia..Cheers man

#575953 - 01/26/10 01:34 PM Re: AP's Version: Initiative would ban gillnets [Re: ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/FF/ffo29.html

http://www.joincca.org/con%20columns/2004/President.htm

Here's Grandpappy Fondren and Grandson
Walter with another well known Texas Oilman

Remember why we invaded Iraq? Because of weapons of mass destruction, then the first thing we did was secure the oilfields..Starting to see a pattern here..Yeah where's my hat

Edited by SBD (01/26/10 01:40 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1217 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |