Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#563566 - 12/11/09 06:58 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: NOFISH]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
It was really nice out there, not as cold as inland..

RobBob, Dave, and I fished President, then Jeffhead where I lost one to a seal, then the seal followed us everywhere,
then 2 seals followed us...
so we picked up and moved to Richmond beach and bonked one legal fish of 5.5 pounds and released a ton of sub-legals.

Did OK on crab with 4 nice dungys and a few red rock that were big enough to keep. Wish that had been better....

Then Dave and I and tried to weigh the Blackmouth in at 3Rivers for the Steelhead derby for a laugh,
and almost got Randy's youngest son to do it smile

#563568 - 12/11/09 07:00 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Oh, & nice reels Toff...

#563574 - 12/11/09 07:12 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Sky-Guy]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Then Dave and I and tried to weigh the Blackmouth in at 3Rivers for the Steelhead derby for a laugh,
and almost got Randy's youngest son to do it

They probably told you that cohos were not allowed, huh?

laugh

#563575 - 12/11/09 07:19 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: The Moderator]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

He was a bit skeptical, but We insisted it was a Steelhead from the Skykomish and Said...
"you're going to tell Dave Vedder that's not a steelhead!!!" rofl

#563595 - 12/11/09 08:18 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Todd]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
Originally Posted By: Todd

just put 200 yards of 15 on each of them.

if i fish with you and run out of leaders im stealing some of your main line. rofl

200 yards is like... well you dont fish enough these days to need that much rofl

just messin with ya.

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#563598 - 12/11/09 08:26 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Sky-Guy]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

He was a bit skeptical, but We insisted it was a Steelhead from the Skykomish and Said...
"you're going to tell Dave Vedder that's not a steelhead!!!" rofl

He probably thought you were retarded and was humoring you.

Now that he knows otherwise......He'll probably just kick your ass......

#563604 - 12/11/09 08:39 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: The Moderator]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: parker
and almost got Randy's youngest son to do it

They probably told you that cohos were not allowed, huh?

laugh

Oh course Parker...if you pick on my kid....I may be the one kicking your lippy ass...... flog...... rofl

#563638 - 12/11/09 10:56 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I can cast with either hand...but can't reel with my left on a baitcaster worth a darn...which is strange, 'cuz when I use a spinning reel, the handle HAS to be on the left.

Todd

You obviously are still a rookie............ rofl

You still fishing them pink woooooms?

PS.. Nice reels, not too sure about them yet, haven't ditched my Curado 300 yet......

Keith thumbs

#563641 - 12/11/09 11:02 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I still have my Curados...they make excellent paper weights, and there's lots of paper on my desk.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#563668 - 12/12/09 01:10 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

I still have my Curados...they make excellent paper weights, and there's lots of paper on my desk.

Fish on...

Todd

Are you telling me I need to go and buy one of these reels? Supplement my addiction?

Will I seriously retire my Chronarch and Calais for steelhead?

Line capacity alone has me interested but what makes it better than the Curado 300DSV assuming I want to fish 15?

Keith

#563675 - 12/12/09 01:37 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
They're water tight, the bodies are cast out of XCraftic Aluminum Alloy, so they're virtually indestructible.

The "water tight" part is where I had problems with my Curados...if water got in 'em, they were done for a while. Rvrfshr and SkyGuy, with their $275 300's, fished with me during a sideways sloppy snow storm and got to watch my $80 old Ambassadeur cast 30 feet farther than them in one zone...and the fish were lying about 20 feet farther than they could cast.

I think the difference was that the Curados are so tightly machined that when they got wet it created a vacuum in between the spool and the side plate and it just wouldn't turn properly...my rickety old Ambassadeur had so many loose spots that there was no chance of that happening.

The Toro is water tight, so no water can get in there...plus, besides the very excellent line capacity, it's got a serious drag rating...far better than any other casting reel on the market. It's not like you actually will need 22 pounds of drag, but think of it like a killer stereo...you get an amp that will way overpower your speakers, and then you run it at about "7" to get maximum sound and sound quality...I'd rather rack up a drag to 12 pounds when it can go to 22, than rack up a drag to 12 pounds when it can go to 14...much smoother and better performing.

Also, as you can see from the pics that Twitch and I put up, the Toro 50 is about the same size as a 200, with double the line capacity, and quite a bit smaller than a 300.

That's my thinking on it, anyways...for what it's worth.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#563678 - 12/12/09 02:03 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Todd]
What Offline
Spawner

Thank God that "Grape Ape" I smoked this afternoon still has me feeling as retarded as this thread is... Expert is as expert does as expert was.

Can someone run me some more stats on these things please ?

#563686 - 12/12/09 02:41 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Todd]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

I can cast with either hand...but can't reel with my left on a baitcaster worth a darn...which is strange, 'cuz when I use a spinning reel, the handle HAS to be on the left.

Fish on...

Todd

DUDE!!!!!...People have been making fun of me for this very phenomenom for years. Spinning left, casting right! Thought I was the only freak out there that did this! shocked

#563688 - 12/12/09 03:49 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser

DUDE!!!!!...People have been making fun of me for this very phenomenom for years. Spinning left, casting right! Thought I was the only freak out there that did this! shocked

Add me to the list of freaks.

Crank lefty with a spinning outfit.

Crank righty with a casting outfit.

Left hand is too retarded to crank AND keep a reel balanced on top of the reel seat. It's also too frickin' slow. That's why you have a dominant hand (in my case my right).... to do those tasks better than your retarded hand.

Spinning oufits are a dumbed down version of casting outfits.... dumbed down just enough that your retarded hand can still get the job done.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#563695 - 12/12/09 08:58 AM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: eyeFISH]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
i could so make a masturbation joke about what doc said.

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#563733 - 12/12/09 01:41 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Phil Maraude]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Wow, these new fangled casting reels are climbing into the price stratospere to begin keeping company with high end fly reels - that have a total of like three moving parts. My favorite casting reel is an uber-light plastic and graphite model Ambassaduer briefly offered in the early 90s for $29 from BassPro (free casting rod included!), altho I know it would never survive serious chinook fishing, but I have caught a number of coho with it.

Sg

#563736 - 12/12/09 02:08 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: The Moderator]
RichardSimmons Offline
how does my ass look in these waders?

Loc: Onyourface
Originally Posted By: parker
Oh yeah, and if you set the hook like Paris Hilton (or Richard Simmons in a limp-wristed slap fest)....

FAIL!

wink

Okay Parker, you asked to be 'exposed' on this one wink If you stopped and thought about it for a moment, I would never have limp wrists, but rather very muscular, neck-snapping strong wrists. Perhaps Fister can explain it to you rofl

RichardSimmons is very happy with his plain old ABU Revo by the way. smile

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies." Katie (from Horton Hears a Who - 2008)

#563793 - 12/12/09 06:36 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: RichardSimmons]
Green Drifter Offline
Chronically M.I.A

Loc: Seattle
Todd’s description of the Curado’s problem with water intrusion is dead on! They leak. While there are a few little tricks (light coat of grease along mating surfaces of the side plates/frame) that can help, it is a real problem with these reels. The tolerances are so tight with the Curado’s, which is why so many people have problems after maintenance, too much grease used in re-assembly. They are finicky and require attention couple of times a season to stay in tip top shape.
I still have and fish Curado’s and will continue to until they’re unusable, but I have them figured out and maintain my reels multiple times each season.
With that being said, I am buying Revo’s from now on, they are extremely well built. I love the fact that there is no plastic being used at all, the drags flat out rock and, they get nothing but rave reviews from everyone who uses them.
They seem to be more of set and forget reel.

#563799 - 12/12/09 06:49 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: ]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Ive had good luck and like both the Revo Inshore and the Curado 300...next reel is the Toro 50 as you can find them online for $160 or so and they match up great with the XMG.

#563805 - 12/12/09 07:21 PM Re: Merry Christmas to me :) [Re: Green Drifter]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Green Drifter
Todd&#8217;s description of the Curado&#8217;s problem with water intrusion is dead on! They leak. While there are a few little tricks (light coat of grease along mating surfaces of the side plates/frame) that can help, it is a real problem with these reels. The tolerances are so tight with the Curado&#8217;s, which is why so many people have problems after maintenance, too much grease used in re-assembly. They are finicky and require attention couple of times a season to stay in tip top shape.
I still have and fish Curado&#8217;s and will continue to until they&#8217;re unusable, but I have them figured out and maintain my reels multiple times each season.
With that being said, I am buying Revo&#8217;s from now on, they are extremely well built. I love the fact that there is no plastic being used at all, the drags flat out rock and, they get nothing but rave reviews from everyone who uses them.
They seem to be more of set and forget reel.

I have a few Curado B models around here and never had the water problem. Fishing summers on the D, more distance often equals more fish, so I'm splashing water on the Curado's spool all the time for a little more range. It rains here in the winter, too.
Maybe the water issue is with the D models ??

Not all the Revo's have metal side plates....just Toro and Inshore I think.
I have a Skeet Reese Revo under the tree....can't wait to try it out.

Hey Todd
I have a Toro question for you on the other board smile

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
5 registered (Excitable Bob, Carcassman, steely slammer, stonefish, 1 invisible), 1454 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |