THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#574547 - 01/20/10 11:17 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Magicfly]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Dan----The "tools" that wanted to see Tool made me hate all tools....hence my current distaste of manual labor.....but I digress......I think the reason I didn't like that concert was because Soundgarden SUCKED....I loved them (at the time) and stood in line with bad acid backpain at the Alderwod mall after a particularly interesting evening at the Seattle center.

The highlight of that concert was carrying a particularly beautiful redhead out of the mosh pit.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#574622 - 01/21/10 02:34 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: RowVsWade]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Motorhead is a loud Band.

Beastie Boys,saw them in SF years ago,and let me tell you,those guys know how to party.

Maiden. Cow Palace. Lots of diversions were ingested at that one.

Saw AC/DC there too. So I'm told.

#574632 - 01/21/10 03:33 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: fish4brains]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
Ok, here's another (remembering these shows is giving me a flashback) Nirvana opened for Sonic Youth at the Moore on 8/24/90 with Dale Crover on drums. I remember most of that show as I was on crutches and they let my friend video tape the whole show.

Video please!

#574867 - 01/21/10 06:56 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: cobble cruiser]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Kind of off topic but I was at this show

#574870 - 01/21/10 06:58 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: fish4brains]
fish4brains Offline

And this one, the loud "roaring" noise you hear in between songs was a large space heater they had gassing us out in the theater because it was January.

#574872 - 01/21/10 07:00 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: fish4brains]
fish4brains Offline

Cobble, here's some footage from the Nirvana/Sonic Youth show at the Moore, I've lost contact with my bud Dana who filmed it but this is from his camera. He filmed the last 3 shows I posted and many more.

#574921 - 01/21/10 09:55 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: fish4brains]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Thanks F4B. Must have been a great time going to those old shows, especially the one in Hoquiam! Only saw Nirvana after they exploded.

#575011 - 01/22/10 08:58 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
You remember alot more about those days than I do Hank, lots of good SF bands did small concerts in High School football fields to get their starts. That time frame from 67 to 72 was a magical time in the Bay Area.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#575383 - 01/23/10 05:55 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Big shows would have to be U2 Rattle n Hum at Sundevil Stadium. Tix were $5 and I had 9th row center stage on the floor. Dont remember much of it but the Stones and Guns N Roses at LA Coliseum was a bit wild and Pink Floyd was solid as well.

#575738 - 01/25/10 06:57 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: summerrun]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
The WHO in "82" and AC/DC in "83".Billy Squier,Def Lepard in "84" was fun also.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#575767 - 01/25/10 07:52 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
had a cousin see Quenn at madison's square garden. say about 77-ish. he spoke pretty highly of it.

#575784 - 01/25/10 08:30 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: ]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
The Day on the green concerts in Oakland..... late '70's Aerosmith, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac... I was too stoned to remember, I had a date with the hottest chick and.......a contact high thats it! I saw Carlos Santana at the Shoreline Amphitheater a couple years back, and AC/DC in Oakland last year, both those shows were unbelievable. Going to see Elton John in Feb.. GULP.... sheesh Im getting old.

#576284 - 01/27/10 11:41 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: One Way]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
My favorite concert was Def Leppard at the gorge. My grilfriend talked me into seeing U2 the last time they were in town. Not being a big fan, I was skeptical, but man, they sounded GREAT!!!!!

#576321 - 01/27/10 01:34 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: fishhog]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
The Gourds. Hands down best show. Saw them a few years ago at the Tractor.
Best concert "experience" was the Dead in Eugene mid 90's. Sunshine and lots of happy people and Jerry was on.
Worst concert was Dead in Portland at the speedway shortly before Jerry died. He was not "on" that day.
Another great concert was Stevie Ray Vaughn shortly before he died. That dude could play. I'm seeing a trend here....
KK I saw Johnathon Richmond and the Modern Lovers in Detroit as a college kid. Great show as well.
Ok one more. Henry Rollins fronting Black Flag in the Cass Corridor in Detroit in High School. Holy crap that show was intense.
At the time Henry had long hair. He asked some guy in the front row to pull it. Dude pulls it and Henry kicked him in the face knocking him out. Wild.

#576869 - 01/28/10 09:10 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: seastrike]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Rollins rofl

Have you heard his open letter to Ann Coulter?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#578698 - 02/04/10 11:03 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: ]
cuzzinmiko Offline
Alevin

my first rock concert ever would definitely rank right near the top. AC/DC's 3rd sold out night at the sea. center coliseum. for those about to rock (we salute you) world tour 1982. i was 12. but for the record, greatest hard rock/heavy metal show of all-time was; moore theater, halloween night, 1987. opening night of slayers reign in blood tour. some honorable mentions of the other 100's of shows i seen: van halen 1984. police, ghost and the machine tour. opening for iron maiden i heard this unknown band for the first time, guns-n-roses. i was standing right in front of axl rose, listening to 'sweet child' for the first time. i got goose bumps and yelled to my friend, "these guys are gonna be big,dude!" nirvana at green riv comm college. soundgarden playing a 'secret' pre-release show for badmotorfinger at the off-ramp. saw pearl jam play on maui in 1992. also seen beastie boys play on the beach at turtle bay resort, north shore oahu. janes addiction and butthole surfers at the king co. fairgrounds in enumclaw. metallica in the kingdome. and . . . eek-a-mouse jammin at speedy o'tubbs bar up in bellingham was unbelievable. ([censored]!!) i wish i could have seen Hendrix play!! at least i can look forward to a possible live appearance of lady ga ga! !!ROCK N ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLLUTION!!
*(unless you count billy joel and elton john)

#578712 - 02/04/10 11:46 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Todd]
cuzzinmiko Offline
Alevin

it was actually at the other fairgrounds, in enumclaw. we noticed one of the houses across the street wasn't selling parking spaces in their yard. they put some dumb 'No Parking" signs and barricades up and apparently went far away from the event for the night. there was nobody home. about an hour later, brian streeter (his idea), and me (lot attendant) had jam packed at least a hundred cars in the front and back yards, for $5 front row parking. not a very nice thing to do. BRIAN STREETER!! (lol!)

#578714 - 02/04/10 11:49 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: cuzzinmiko]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
The Red Elvises. Your favorite band.

#578717 - 02/04/10 11:51 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: cuzzinmiko
at least i can look forward to a possible live appearance of lady ga ga!

That right there ... should get you banned from this site. wink

Just saying ...

Yeaaaah....

+1

#578744 - 02/04/10 02:10 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Irie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Not the best concert by any stretch, but we attended the Billy Joel Elton John gig at Key Arena last night. "The usual crowd shuffles in . . ." middle aged folks like me. I'm always a bit surprised to see some younger audience members who weren't even born when many of those songs were written. Never seen either of them before, don't own any of their albums, but have enjoyed much of the music for decades, altho it's probably classified more pop than rock. Even so, they've got some damn good piano skillz. But then I'm easily impressed by anyone who can deliver the goods from a concert grand. I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like Elton John was playing a Yamaha, and it left me wondering, how good are they? Joel's looks like and sounded like a Steinway, but it carried no label, which I've not seen before.

For something different, Joel covered Purple Haze, and his guitarist did an impressive job.

I sure hope my ears stop ringing today.

Sg

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, 1 invisible), 1185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645399 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |