THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#601017 - 05/20/10 08:40 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Steelheadman]
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Ha Ha Nofish.

Too bad it happened, on the Rez or wherever. Tweekers are tweekers, and it seems like they're everywhere outside of the 'burbs nowadays. I'd certainly rather take a stroll through downtown Lapush after midnight than in many of Seattle's neiborhoods. Wonder if non-tribal members are even allowed to transport firearms onto Quileute Rez? Those two gals woulda deserved it. Small towns should clean it up if they value the tourist dollar.

#601021 - 05/20/10 09:01 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Jaydee]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Originally Posted By: Jaydee
Small towns should clean it up if they value the tourist dollar.

Good call

#601024 - 05/20/10 09:03 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Jaydee]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Quote:
I walked over to the 5 gal. water bottle that had been knocked over and said something to the effect of " get the *&ell out of here" and was kicked in the face while bent over and attacked by both of them. Scratched,punched,hair pulled,you name it.

For all you folks who question others when they say they would used deadly force, I ask why? The perps in this incident made a choice to use violence and it's up to us to wait until they put a pointed boot in our temple before escalating the situation. People make choices. These perps made a bad choice and I don't think it would haunt me to protect my family and self with a couple well placed shots.

Our society allows these people to abuse law abiding citizens without any real consequences. I don't care if someone wants to saw off my catalytic converter. But, endanger my family and you've made a choice that might not be in your best interest.

#601032 - 05/20/10 09:20 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: stlhdr1]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
[/quote]I'm telling ya, you jack any woman up on a 1/2 gallon of firewater and things can get crazy!!

Keith rofl [/quote]

Aint that the truth, they become monsters on a war path. My advice, stay outta the way.

#601034 - 05/20/10 09:24 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: stlhdr42]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
I totally agree on defending the family and not knowing what the perp is capable of but in this situation it would not have been good for the shooter when the police showed up to 2 dead women with no weapons. When the attacker is not in your home or has no "deadly weapons" it's a fine line on whether you will be arrested for murder.

#601036 - 05/20/10 09:33 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: stlhdr42]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I have to disagree with you JD. Nothing personal. I'd rather walk any street in Seattle (or most streets in Chicago) than a lot of small towns in Washington that I like to fish.
It's sad that people think they have to pack but it's reality. I don't but I'm glad some do.
The real drag is I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I'd like to think I'd beat the [censored] out of them and then get the cops. If fishranger or dogfish was with me and shot them both dead I think I'd be totally bummed out. Nothing against you guys...I just wouldn't want to see it over a chick fight. If I'd been there I might have a different opinion.

#601037 - 05/20/10 09:48 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: seastrike]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
I didn't say I would shoot them both, just the one that was kicking your ass after I KO'd the one that was attacking me ! !
Just kidding, I'd have drilled em both. .. . .

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#601038 - 05/20/10 09:50 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: seastrike]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
Sorry experience at a beautiful place. It's good all are ok.
I believe if you shoot somebody on a rez, the FBI would be the lead on the situation. I believe they have the jurisdiction in major crime cases on any rez.

#601039 - 05/20/10 09:54 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: FishRanger]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
lol

#601040 - 05/20/10 10:01 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: FishRanger]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Tough situation to find yourself in for sure.
Can't say what I'd do. My history has been to not use weapons beyond my fists and things have worked out, but I'm not saying that it's the best choice for all. I know I go into "auto" mode and no thinking is required, but I cannot tell you in advance how I would react.
I think you did incredibly well, and probably ended up down the road of least future hassels, but the price wasn't cheap. I'm glad you and yours are OK, and would like to read any followup.

Really too bad you didn't have KK with you. He could have called them some cool names. wink

#601042 - 05/20/10 10:12 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: seastrike]
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Originally Posted By: seastrike
I have to disagree with you JD. Nothing personal. I'd rather walk any street in Seattle (or most streets in Chicago) than a lot of small towns in Washington that I like to fish.

None taken and you're right. Definately was not refering to a Wedgewood/Freemont/etc Seattle neiborhoods. 10 years ago, I had a near bad experience in Bridgeport WA with some, I'd assume, locals during a fishing trip. Had my hair standing up on end and I wasn't packing at the time. Also had a bad experience on 23rd in the CD after dark. Disabled motorists are easy targets. Don't ask me how I know. Talk about a bad day that got worse. It can happen anywhere from the 'hood to the apple orchards to the coast.

#601047 - 05/20/10 11:01 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Jaydee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Thinking about it, I would have given both them girls wedgies... I'm talking a wedgie where you wrap the band of the roos over their head!

They'd have learned the true definition of a Tatonka!

Keith rofl

#601048 - 05/20/10 11:09 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: TBJ]
fishtaxi Offline
Alevin

So far I have not had problem at Lapush. But the last 3 years at Neah Bay I have valve stems removed and fishing gear stolen from my boat. When my fishing gear was stolen I contacted the local tribal police and he told me that they were having problems with the local kids stealing even from there own. The cop also told me not to camp any where near Neah Bay or leave your car to take the hike at the ocean because all you stuff will be stolen and that was from the local cop. I was lucky enough to have been close to the exit off the dock that the marina had the person on film but they said they could not identify the person ya right. So now I'm done with Neah Bay. I have been going to Neah Bay for the last 36 years I will spend my money else where and I advise it to eveyone. I think the town should be removed and start over with people that would keep it clean and safe.

#601054 - 05/20/10 11:49 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
A slap fight is one thing. A kick to the head raises the escalation of force up a notch, as that can easily kill a person. There would be a firm, "Get the fu ck on the ground, NOW!" followed by "I will shoot you." If they take a step, drop the hammer, acquire next target, choose next action based on the remaining person's actions. Screw the physical altercation where they may get ahold of my weapon.

If I am anywhere with my kids and that happens, duck. I've drawn twice, once as a civilian, once as a deputy. Both times I've been part way through my trigger pull when they complied. No issues.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#601055 - 05/20/10 11:49 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: wntrrn]
Moravec Offline

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
For all you folks who question others when they say they would used deadly force, I ask why? The perps in this incident made a choice to use violence and it's up to us to wait until they put a pointed boot in our temple before escalating the situation. People make choices. These perps made a bad choice and I don't think it would haunt me to protect my family and self with a couple well placed shots.

Our society allows these people to abuse law abiding citizens without any real consequences. I don't care if someone wants to saw off my catalytic converter. But, endanger my family and you've made a choice that might not be in your best interest.

---For the record, I'm not a fluffy anti-2nd amendment liberal---

I personally choose not to carry a gun, because I don't like thinking about the consequences of using one. To kill another person IS THE HEAVIEST DECISION YOU WILL MAKE IN YOUR LIFE. I can't fathom making that decision in a matter of seconds as a situation arises. As important it is to negate the possibility of harm to your family, no one has a crystal ball....and before you pull that trigger, are you making the right decision?

Family is the most important thing in anyone's life, but to pull that trigger: you'd better be 100% it's them or you...not 99%.

You don't know what's gonna happen in the next 10 minutes (most likely they're drunked up and just trying to steal your beer)
You don't know what's gonna happen in the next 10 years (maybe that woman has a family at home, maybe that drunked up woman would straighten her life up, and give her kids a great & happy life/or maybe they will wind up f*d up because their mommy was plugged when they were young)
You don't know what the situation looks like to law enforcement (one side of the story? I'm sure the crime scene and evidence could prove to not be completely in your favor) Think of the legal fees.

I've heard countless comments about "them or me" or "if I feared my life I'm gonna shoot to kill!"

But I've yet to hear of anyone who's walked away from a murder/self-defense situation...maybe someone on this board can enlighten me...my ears aren't plugged.

Like I said, I'm not anti-guns, I own 'em, use 'em but choose not to carry one.

I think these low-lifers need to be punished (for them, it sounds like de-tox would be worse than death).

#601058 - 05/20/10 11:52 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: wntrrn]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Originally Posted By: wntrrn
[quote] I don't care if someone wants to saw off my catalytic converter. But, endanger my family and you've made a choice that might not be in your best interest.

That's the bottom line...+10...[censored] with my family...Bad Choice!!!
and I'm one of the nice guy's...See me at the trial...oh wait, it'll be one sided...

#601059 - 05/20/10 11:56 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: RognSue]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
I have to say if I was the one who's family was attacked......Male or female, some one would have died.

I dont carry, but I am armed, and I am very capable of taking a persons life if I felt I needed to protect my family.

Wouldnt give it a second thought.

Rusty Bell

#601060 - 05/21/10 12:01 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: sykofish]
thaxor Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia, WA
If theres any doubt involved in using lethal force thats what the aluminum teeball bat is for. Bridges the Fist to Gun gap well.

#601062 - 05/21/10 12:12 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: thaxor]
Moravec Offline

hahaha!!!

#601065 - 05/21/10 12:35 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Moravec]
overfifty Offline
Egg

My dad was there as the fight broke up, and he said it was not only ugly, but odd that it would be two women attacking a man. I feel bad for the "black eye" that this gives such a beautiful spot.
I will say this, we've fished La Push the last nine years, and without a doubt, the tribal hospitality has been notably EXCELLENT over the last two years. Last Thursday I had a tribal member stop his truck and give me a ride to my truck that was parked a few blocks away. Not only would that never happen in Neah Bay, but hardly any other place.
I'll be curious to see how the inner-workings of the tribe addresses this unfortunate incident, but overall, the Quilleutes are making efforts to make us "visitors" feel welcome.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 348 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645389 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |