THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#619777 - 09/05/10 11:28 AM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: boater]
Hair Offline
Parr

Loc: Extremley Rightwing
Originally Posted By: boater
maybe you should volunteer to be a guest speaker at a cca meeting and explain to them how the system realy works ??,

I'll give him a ride, dont want the van to break down on the way there.....

....so lauging.

#619787 - 09/05/10 12:58 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
Originally Posted By: Todd

P.S. Until the believers actually take the time to learn what "selective" means, and what "allowable ESA impacts" means...two very simple and easily ID'd terms...they'll never embrace the truth, just the hype.

maybe you should volunteer to be a guest speaker at a cca meeting and explain to them how the system realy works ??, and if you want i can come with and hand out color crayons so they can take notes rofl

rofl Yes I'm laughing at you ---not with you,

You must be starting to believe your own propaganda.

Boater this is how the system works.

NOAA proposed and implemented integrating hatchery with wild in the CR by using their science. In the final draft there was concerns submitted during public input period that were answered similar to your questions you ask on here with ESA listed fish mixed with hatchery. . I suggest you look them up for your answers.

Obviously, NOAA could care less about your concerns because now we have mass amount of hatchery fish mixed with ESA listed wild.
NOAA science now dictates “use them or lose them” to keep funding for hatcheries while keeping hatchery fish off spawning beds.

WDFW already is testing selective commercial gear to reduce mortality rate = more fish off spawning beds.

So what is your proposal or plan of action to “use them or lose them”?
So far a handful of you are supporting cutting hatchery funding by just sitting there.

PS I would suggest if you have any problems with the system on ESA listed and hatchery fish to contact NOAA.They started it and now they are apparently attempting to end it.

I think a good start would be to clip 100% of hatchery fish that are released including tribal fish amongst the entire CR basin for all seasons of fishing....

Then we can adjust the seasons accordingly.......

Keith thumbs

#619792 - 09/05/10 01:25 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: stlhdr1]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Hey your right! I asked around on how the selective fishing tests are going and I guess the beach seine down off of Sand Island is having good results. 7-800 fish for a couple of days of tests, now we can extract 50% of the hatchery fish mulitply that times a 40 day season x's 100 seines and now we know why they were banned in the first place.. rofl

Edited by SBD (09/05/10 01:26 PM)

There's a sucker born every minute

#619794 - 09/05/10 01:33 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: SBD]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: SBD
Hey your right! I asked around on how the selective fishing tests are going and I guess the beach seine down off of Sand Island is having good results. 7-800 fish for a couple of days of tests, now we can extract 50% of the hatchery fish mulitply that times a 40 day season x's 100 seines and now we know why they were banned in the first place.. rofl

Let's add some of that to the compilation of " da bogey man theory" I'm adding to my collection from some of you around here. moose

Edited by Lucky Louie (09/05/10 01:39 PM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#619795 - 09/05/10 01:41 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
After reading the report that brushbear posted it all makes perfect sense now, sport economic value comes from opportunity not from actually catching a fish. Remove the target species at the lower end of the river and you will have a seriously long season..I'm in on the plan now..

There's a sucker born every minute

#619796 - 09/05/10 01:47 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

How do you know that they are not in fact ad clipping their hatchery fish?
Federal mandates in 2003 required Tribal hatcheries to clip all their releases, except for fish designated for research and stream re propagation purposes.
Spring chinook brood stock years 2004 and 2005 show Tribal mark rates around 90%.
But you already knew that,why are you saying that they are not clipping their fish?
Any data to back that statement up? Not interested in any in boat observations.

#619798 - 09/05/10 02:00 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: SBD]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

After reading the report that brushbear posted it all makes perfect sense now, sport economic value comes from opportunity not from actually catching a fish. .

You must not be a sport fisherman. It's been like that for decades and getting worse with passing time.

Edited by Lucky Louie (09/05/10 02:04 PM)

#619799 - 09/05/10 02:02 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: Todd

P.S. Until the believers actually take the time to learn what "selective" means, and what "allowable ESA impacts" means...two very simple and easily ID'd terms...they'll never embrace the truth, just the hype.

maybe you should volunteer to be a guest speaker at a cca meeting and explain to them how the system realy works ??, and if you want i can come with and hand out color crayons so they can take notes rofl

rofl Yes I'm laughing at you ---not with you,

You must be starting to believe your own propaganda.

Boater this is how the system works.

NOAA proposed and implemented integrating hatchery with wild in the CR by using their science. In the final draft there was concerns submitted during public input period that were answered similar to your questions you ask on here with ESA listed fish mixed with hatchery. . I suggest you look them up for your answers.

Obviously, NOAA could care less about your concerns because now we have mass amount of hatchery fish mixed with ESA listed wild.
NOAA science now dictates “use them or lose them” to keep funding for hatcheries while keeping hatchery fish off spawning beds.

WDFW already is testing selective commercial gear to reduce mortality rate = more fish off spawning beds.

So far a handful of you are supporting cutting hatchery funding by just sitting there.

PS I would suggest if you have any problems with the system on ESA listed and hatchery fish to contact NOAA.They started it and now they are apparently attempting to end it.

let me ask you 3 questions,

1) do you think the wdfw does a good job predicting numbers of returning salmon ?

2) do you believe the wdfw numbers on how many esa listed fish are killed durring a gillnet season on the LCR ?

3) do you believe the wdfw can craft a season to remove the required amount of hatchery fish off the spawning grounds to meet the hsrg recommendations using the new selective commercial fishing gear ?

#619801 - 09/05/10 02:08 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

1) do you think the wdfw does a good job predicting numbers of returning salmon ?

2) do you believe the wdfw numbers on how many esa listed fish are killed durring a gillnet season on the LCR ?

3) do you believe the wdfw can craft a season to remove the required amount of hatchery fish off the spawning grounds to meet the hsrg recommendations using the new selective commercial fishing gear ?

So you are finally admitting hatchery funding cuts are in order?

Edited by Lucky Louie (09/05/10 02:09 PM)

#619802 - 09/05/10 02:13 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

cant answer the questions ?

#619804 - 09/05/10 02:28 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Your material seems to be getting old, stale, dated, obsolete and antiquated just like gill nets. Both of you need a change.

You admitting to something would be a new beginning.

#619805 - 09/05/10 02:33 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Your material seems to be getting old, stale, dated, obsolete and antiquated just like gill nets. Both of you need a change.

You admitting to something would be a new beginning.

ok, i`l admit to something, i`d like to see them come up with a plan to restore salmon that would work.

#619806 - 09/05/10 02:42 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Boater, ---thats a good start--- now for the real test.

Are you really for hatchery funding cuts.?

#619807 - 09/05/10 02:44 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: freespool
How do you know that they are not in fact ad clipping their hatchery fish?
Federal mandates in 2003 required Tribal hatcheries to clip all their releases, except for fish designated for research and stream re propagation purposes.
Spring chinook brood stock years 2004 and 2005 show Tribal mark rates around 90%.
But you already knew that,why are you saying that they are not clipping their fish?
Any data to back that statement up? Not interested in any in boat observations.

Just look at the following info for 2006 Spring Chinook smolt releases:

NPT Hatchery (Nez Perce Tribal Hatchery) 271,021 non-clipped spring chinook hatchery fish in 2006, sounds like they're following the rules.... rofl

2006 spring chinook smolt releases

Again, when the states can manage to clip 100% of hatchery fish I think we can actually get some where.......

Keith

#619808 - 09/05/10 02:46 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Good scare tactic.........

Keith

#619810 - 09/05/10 02:49 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: stlhdr1]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Good scare tactic.........

Keith

I learned from the best on here from a handful of "da bogey man chronicles". rofl

Maybe to good. moose

Edited by Lucky Louie (09/05/10 02:52 PM)

#619811 - 09/05/10 02:59 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: SBD]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Pretty scary really....... You cut loose a fleet of them and it's mop up time.......

Keith

#619815 - 09/05/10 03:10 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: stlhdr1]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Pretty scary really....... You cut loose a fleet of them and it's mop up time.......

Keith

Da bogey man theory.

Since you like listening to theories here's one for you.

Sports fish from Bouy10 to a deadline and seiners fish from deadline to Bonny to clean up. Leaving sports over full run of salmon for the most amount of time allowed possible with mortality issue in mind.

#619816 - 09/05/10 03:10 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

for the sake of keeping it simple lets say the new selective commercial methods work to a tee and they are harvesting the hatchery fish down to the great hsrg guidelines, now lets say the hatchery funding is cut and they plant an amount of fish that when returning will meet the hsrg guidelines, either way the guidelines will be met, now, why should i care what they do since the outcome will be the same and i will be fishing over less fish fishing above the new commercial methods, the fishing will suck either way, maybe you could explain why i should give a [censored] either way ?

#619818 - 09/05/10 03:14 PM Re: Over Harvest vs Poor Ocean Conditions [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Sports fish from Bouy10 to a deadline and seiners fish from deadline to Bonny to clean up. Leaving sports over full run of salmon for the most amount of time allowed possible with mortality issue in mind.

wow, nothing like throwing upriver sportsman out in the steet

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |