THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#631608 - 10/30/10 11:37 PM Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups?
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
This is a progress report on Tye, one of Blue and Mickey’s pups. He is an absolute delight. My wife asks how Tye is when I call home before she asks how I am.

He is now 70 pounds.

I don’t hunt, so he probably never will either, but we walk at least two miles every day and he’s “hunting” most of that time.

He is very trainable, in part because he is so fixated on food. I recently taught him to roll over using a peanut butter filled pretzel as a treat. Now, if I get one of those out of the jar he runs to the living room and rolls over. He will come when called, sit, lie down, go to his rug, kennel, walk at my side, fetch on land or water, (although getting the fetched object back is still an issue sometimes), and roll over. In addition he will not chase after joggers or bicycles we meet on the trial every day. On Tuesday he will begin second level obedience training.

In short we think he’s a spectacular pup. He would be near perfect if it weren’t for the chewed shoes, redistributed fly tying materials, and occasionally herking up some unidentifiable object. How are his brothers and sisters doing? Just as well, I’m betting.

#631628 - 10/31/10 12:56 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Hey Dave, Where are you taking him for obedience training?

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#631639 - 10/31/10 01:33 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: FishRanger]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Positive Dog Training. Right here on Mink Road. Its a very highly recommended place with a national reputation.

#631698 - 10/31/10 02:47 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Cool, that is where I usually go and will be back there in a few weeks with Onyx.

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#631707 - 10/31/10 03:46 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: FishRanger]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
kenna just spent 2 weeks at bird hunting camp. she seems to like chasing pheasants, and is coming along well. she's a bit headstrong, but the obedience is coming along, too. i tried to weigh her yesterday, but she wasn't interested, but she's probably pushing the 68# mark. she seems to be getting leaner, and losing the baby fat. she's finally growing into her ears. she's snoozing on "her" chair right now in the sun. she's becoming very athletic, too. she's got a great build and doesn't seem to get too tired in the field. she still steals socks by the hundreds, and likes to nibble in the baseboards on occasion, but she's awesome. i love this dog!

willy

#631739 - 10/31/10 06:33 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

here's a pic from today. thanks to sebastes!

thanks again, doug!

willy

#631761 - 10/31/10 09:10 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
hey Bill your dog chamged color or is that a pic of Tye???

Radar stole a deer hind leg the other day and never seems to take a dump with no strings attached. He can not be trusted to roam the house and thinks the kitchen sink is his special treat bowl. This will change if I can ketch him in the act.
Great dog that always wants to be by my side. I'll keep him...

#631771 - 10/31/10 09:53 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Achewter]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Not Tye. Tye is much handsomer! Right now humping the throw rug.

#631802 - 11/01/10 12:02 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

that's her art. maybe the pic is a bit saturated. sebastes called her liver colored today, she's that brown. she's not feeling too good right now. barfed a little bit ago.

willy

#631898 - 11/01/10 02:42 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Boris is rockin' in the free world.

Probably close to 70 pounds and, up until yesterday, had been getting more and more free reign of the house. Came home yesterday to find he had pulled 3 of the 4 placemats off the dining room table. In the process, he pulled off the top half of an already broken Lami XMG and put the top piece into about 20 pieces. I'm actually shocked a dog will not only willing bite/break sharp graphite pieces but then grab the broken piece and break it again. I thought I'd cleaned it all up last night but saw him get the crazy eyes and go running over to a hidden piece and pick it up this morning. Caught him dead in the act and scared the crap out of him.

Does all the tricks that Tye does minus the rolling over. Not the most motivated retrieving but I'd rather have him on the casual side of it than the obsessive side.

The dog makes me smile every morning. As soon as I reach my arm off to the side of my bed, he races off his pillow for some head rubs. I'll try to remember to throw a pic up here later today. He looks JUST like his brothers and sisters... big ears, smaller rounded head, taller/longer body.

#631972 - 11/01/10 08:46 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

I still think Tye got all the good looks. My wife never spoils him either.

#631986 - 11/01/10 09:40 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Tye's brother, Boris, at 6.5 months of age.

#631995 - 11/01/10 09:55 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Farking dog just swallowed whole, a big pork chop bone. Emergency vet says he will probably be okay. I thought I would let him eat the meat off the bone, then take it away from him. He just went GULP and it disapppeared down his maw. Fingers now crossed

Edited by Dave Vedder (11/01/10 10:43 PM)

#632130 - 11/02/10 02:38 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Achewter Offline

It is amazing most labs make it past a year old. Radar can take the ball joint off a deer's thigh bone and make it dissapear in less than 15 minutes.
Hope Tye is OK but I doubt its any thing to worry about.

Labs must be part goat.

I am hoping the heads grow to fit the ears like moms did...

love the pics more more more

Edited by Achewter (11/02/10 02:45 AM)

#632423 - 11/03/10 11:46 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Achewter]
browndog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Coast Range OR.
Great looking dog's.Awesome to see they are getting the care and attention they deserve.

#633083 - 11/05/10 03:56 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: browndog]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

well, just after i posted the update, kenna started puking. she also got into something that gave her an allergic reaction--her face and lips puffed up. so, off to the vet. $400 later, no clue what's going on. then she got dehydrated and was still puking--off to the vet for an xray, giardia test, blood work. another $400 later, she's feeling much better. thinking about pet insurance..........

willy

#633089 - 11/05/10 04:10 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Just because labs love to eat such a variety of crap that kills them I bought vet insuracne. Not sure it was a good move yet.

#633108 - 11/05/10 05:04 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: Dave Vedder]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Tye end up OK with that bone? A couple weeks ago my lab sage ate 10 chicken wings, bones and all and he is ok.

#633225 - 11/05/10 11:53 PM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: stlhdr42]
Achewter Offline

Jebus Willy Hope she is ok!!!
p.s. this is Allie and i love the pics of the dogs!! I'm glad to see them and I really miss them. I'm freacked out at what these dogs will eat but i can't help it, I know im over-reacting 'cause Radar does the same thing! I also think I annoy my dad with all the questions so I love this!! keep on posting pics im whatching!

#633466 - 11/07/10 12:11 AM Re: Progress Reports on Mickey and Blue's Pups? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Naw he's actually 73 on the vets scale today.

Allie,AKA Buckslayer you are in luck cuz I like taking pictures of Tye - more coming soon. I spent some time with Boris last night. Hes a bit better behaved than Tye a bit smaller, and not a cute.

Edited by Dave Vedder (11/07/10 12:11 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |