Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#640981 - 12/06/10 02:26 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: dumbass
then avoids paying taxes by giving the money to charity

You avoid taxes by donating to charity?

You're f'n clueless, and what's worse, you're going to shoot off your hole until everyone KNOWS you're f'n clueless.

Go set yourself on fire.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#640992 - 12/06/10 02:51 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Dan S.]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Dan, EVERYBODY knows that increased income increases your tax liability, by donating to charity, you decrease that tax liability. By giving 40 billion to charity, WB avoided paying taxes on that money as well as wowing clueless people like you with his fake generosity. He avoided paying taxes on the money, then complains others aren't paying their fair share.

The only thing on fire around here are your hemorrhoids.

Edited by bait dunker (12/06/10 02:54 PM)

#640994 - 12/06/10 02:59 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: bait dunker]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Please do not feed the Trolls.

#640995 - 12/06/10 03:01 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: bait dunker]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Fake generosity huh?

Go kill yourself and do the world a favor.

#641005 - 12/06/10 03:43 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Yeah.

Agree with Hank.

Sometimes you have to take the job you can get, not the job you want.

#641006 - 12/06/10 03:43 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Dan S.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Your odds of success would be far greater if you let someone else do it.
If the internet is any indication, Baithumper doesn't succeed at anything very often.

#641012 - 12/06/10 03:53 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'll show the fuckin IRS...I'm going to give away 40 Billion Dollars to screw them out of taxing me on it!!

Anyone who believes this is why Buffet gave his fortune away is either retarded, brain damaged, or dumber than a box of rusty hammers.

Or all three.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#641015 - 12/06/10 04:10 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline

Hank rofl

#641018 - 12/06/10 04:28 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

"I don't want to pay $18 Billion in taxes, so I think I'll give away $40 Billion..."

I hope you manage your own debt and checkbook better than that, dunker.

Fish on...

Todd

#641023 - 12/06/10 04:46 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline

Hank,

You and I agree 99 wks is too long. I know folks (perhaps you all do too) who are in "looking for a great job" mode, rather than "Make ends meet" mode, and have been there for 1+ years. I'm a believer in unemployment benefits, but I also believe in their expiration.

The second issue -- tax cuts (unfunded as they are) is interesting only because nobody can agree with the basis should be. If you claim the basis is today, then taking no action (letting bush tax cuts expire) equals a "tax increase". If you claim the basis is pre-bush-tax-cuts, then allowing them to expire is "ending stimulus" of a kind.

Of course I want low taxes. Of course I think I can spend my money better than the government can. Everyone thinks that way -- just like they think their kids are above average in whatever it is their kids do.

The real issue here is what is the right/reasonable tax rate given the current economic climate. I personally find it hard to believe we should make a decision to put $700B into stimulus-rebates to the top wage-earners. I don't believe that's better for our country right now. Those who I know personally who stand to benefit from this tax break UNIVERSALLY believe it will not cause them to hire a single new employee. Not one.

I don't know what the "optimal" tax rate is for our current national crisis, but I find it personally hard to believe that it's the status quo, or lower.

#641041 - 12/06/10 05:34 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: IrishRogue]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Ordinarily I'd agree that 99 weeks of unemployment benefits is more than enough. But these are not ordinary economic times. While there are no doubt some deadbeats who prefer collecting unemployment to earning a paycheck, I'm of the persuasion that far more people are are very willing and much prefer earning their money, yet simply cannot find work. Not just the good job they had, but anything they can qualify for that pays a living wage.

If I lost my job, downsized my house and transportation, gotten rid of all my luxuries (assuming some things I have may be perceived as such by a few), and then couldn't find work that pays enough to cover rent and food, I'd be inclined to make a career change to hunting down and killing bankers and politicians who created this mess. What's left to lose?

As for the Bush tax cuts, the way I see it, anyone who favors extending them is exhibiting the behavior of living beyond their means on credit. I'm a balanced budget advocate. Hank seems to think it's as simple as spending less. I don't agree that it's that simple. Although I favor low taxes, I think the U.S. let that train leave the station long ago. With high national debt and ongoing budget deficits, I think we're obliged to pay as we go and stop adding to the debt of the next generations of American taxpayers. Ya' know that high quality of life we've been striving for Hank? Forget it. The gov't. that represents us already spent it, and then some. And either we pay for it, or our kids and grandkids do.

Sg

#641055 - 12/06/10 06:06 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Salmo g.]
IrishRogue Offline

SG: I really struggle with the unemployment issue... If there was a way to measure intent, sacrifice, desire -- then sure, I'd offer more than 99 weeks. But failing a good test, I think 99 weeks is a reasonable (if generous) line. 2 years + of looking for work, and not finding it? Maybe the carrot isn't helping at that point.

#641060 - 12/06/10 06:28 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: IrishRogue]
Dan S. Offline

If it took me more than 99 weeks of searching to find a job, I'd turn to a life of crime to pay my bills and rationalize it by saying "they" made me do it.

smile

#641071 - 12/06/10 06:48 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Todd]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Originally Posted By: Todd
"I don't want to pay $18 Billion in taxes, so I think I'll give away $40 Billion..."
I hope you manage your own debt and checkbook better than that, dunker. Todd

No, it's more like I'll donate 40 billion over the next 20 or so years, because I make so much, writing off a couple billion a year is like you donating $100 to the Salvation Army.
WB has more than he can ever spend, instead of writing a check to uncle Sam, (since hes so concerned about the US economy) donates half his fortune to the Gates foundation over a period of time, securing his place as the most "generous" philanthropist in history, while saying everyone else needs to pay more. Why doesn't he put his money where his mouth is. I don't care what he does with his money, even if it's writing off charitable contributions, just don't be a hypocrite and say I need to pay more.

#641086 - 12/06/10 07:14 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: bait dunker]
IrishRogue Offline

#641104 - 12/06/10 08:26 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: Salmo g.]
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I'd be inclined to make a career change to hunting down and killing bankers and politicians who created this mess. What's left to lose?

I'm really surprised nobody's done that yet.

#641123 - 12/06/10 09:11 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Your goat on the rag again?

#641130 - 12/06/10 09:27 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: IrishRogue]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
Fascinating chart of the day...
I've seen various flavors of this data charted, and they all point to the same conclusion. While spending is an issue, the real problem this nation faces is a revenue shortage. Which makes all the popular suggestions of cutting spending by reducing Social Security, or any other entitlements implausible; those measure will only compound the problem since they will inherently reduce revenue even more.

#641134 - 12/06/10 09:32 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: IrishRogue]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: IrishRogue

The real issue here is what is the right/reasonable tax rate given the current economic climate. I personally find it hard to believe we should make a decision to put $700B into stimulus-rebates to the top wage-earners. I don't believe that's better for our country right now. Those who I know personally who stand to benefit from this tax break UNIVERSALLY believe it will not cause them to hire a single new employee. Not one.

Don't know where you get that there is going to be a $700B rebate paid out to high income earners. There tax rates are going to be the same next year as they have been for the last 10 years. The government is not rebating any money. They are not getting a tax cut. It's been a great liberal talking point that confuses there uninformed base.

#641136 - 12/06/10 09:34 PM Re: Sen Bernie Sanders Amazing Speech! [Re: JoJo]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Kinda like how the R's keep calling a tax break that expires by its own terms the "biggest tax hike in history"...?

Fish on...

Todd

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 233 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645440 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |