THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#664718 - 02/21/11 01:00 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: boater
what i find amazing is that if i walked into a room full of sportfisherman and said i dont want to give the commercials any more fish i would get booed out of the place rolleyes

No, you'd be walking into a room of people that never graduated their math classes...

Example: 80,000 hatchery springers available minus selective harvest take of 30,000 = that's still enough for us sportsman to fish over... For me, that math don't work...

Keith

#664740 - 02/21/11 02:42 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater
what i find amazing is that if i walked into a room full of sportfisherman and said i dont want to give the commercials any more fish i would get booed out of the place rolleyes

You'd probably get the same response by suggesting that all commercial harvest be restricted to the SAFE Areas, allowing only sport fishing in the LCR mainstem.
As hard as you might try, you just can't fix stupid.

#664741 - 02/21/11 02:43 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
[quote=boater]

No, you'd be walking into a room of people that never graduated their math classes...

more like a room full of moron`s, if people think fishing sucks now after the gillnets have been in how do they expect it to be any better after this new method takes more fish ?, and they are going to start testing these methods again in the 1st part of august rolleyes

#664742 - 02/21/11 02:46 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

how bout this for a news release,

the purse seiners caught 40k hatchery coho this week at the mouth of the columbia, it`s time to get down there, the sport fishing should be red hot

rolleyes

#664752 - 02/21/11 04:02 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Just in case someone can do math...........

Thirteen fishers – six using beach seine nets, five fishing purse seines and two employing trap nets – caught a total of 21,000 salmon and steelhead this late summer and fall in the lower Columbia River.

The catch included 10,800 chinook, 8,100 coho and 2,100 steelhead. Both purse and beach seines proved to be effective capture methods, with purse seines being the most effective of the two gear types, according to an agency “green sheet” describing the project. Agency officials previewed the 2010 data Friday for the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission.

Do the math folks... Assemble the entire fleet with the new method and we will be in a world of hurts...

Keith

#664755 - 02/21/11 04:27 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Figure a 50% mark rate and then try multipling it out times 6-8 to figure handle in a working fishery, then add in sport handle, sealion predation and I'll bet NMFS rofl their asses off. Not to mention the treaty rights which the Washington Commission somehow seems to have forgot all about.

There's a sucker born every minute

#664969 - 02/22/11 12:12 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: SBD]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: SBD

Not to mention the treaty rights which the Washington Commission somehow seems to have forgot all about.

the tribes realy dont care how many fish we catch out of the lower river hatcherys.

#677835 - 04/18/11 08:29 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

how bout this, the gillnetters took 5000 coho at the mouth of the columbia and fishing slowed way down, i cant wait till the purse seines take 25,000 coho, sport fishing will be red hot smile

#677842 - 04/18/11 09:40 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I see you resurrected this from the depths after Parker closed your other biatch session down. This one won't last long either!

In before the LOCK!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#677845 - 04/18/11 09:52 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

i`m going to be polite and as long as you $25.00 lemmings are polite it shouldn't get locked.

#677865 - 04/18/11 11:31 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
I see you resurrected this from the depths after Parker closed your other biatch session down. This one won't last long either!

Correct.

My BS meter is pegging pretty high at the moment.

Penny is about to put some people on "timeout" if they don't play nice.

I have children who like to test me too. They also lose.

Behave children. Else, you can grovel with Bob as to why he should un-ban the mis-behaving children tonight.......

Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1389 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |