Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#649930 - 01/03/11 12:45 AM Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) ***
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Great win tonight! The Hawks also gave BMW a three year extenstion today! hello

I say go with Charlie next Saturday thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#649935 - 01/03/11 12:54 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Miracle on Turf this Saturday...

HAWKS 27
Ex Champs 24

GO HAWKS!

#649937 - 01/03/11 12:59 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: summerrun]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Clemons is going to take that birth mark off brees's face.... chain

- Albert Einstein.

#649945 - 01/03/11 01:42 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
One thought on Whitehurst vs Hasselbeck for next Saturday, the Rams didn't do too much in the way of confusing blitzes tonight. The Saints will come from anywhere at anytime and all day long. The guy under center has to have the
experience and knowledge to see those comming. CBJ doesn't have that experience, Hasselbeck does. However, a decent running attack would help both guys immensely next week.

#649959 - 01/03/11 02:30 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: DBAppraiser]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Yah Fumblebeck might have the experience but he is made of glass and at this point I feel like injuries are inevitable for the poor old fella. An added bonus, Whitehurst can run the ball more than 5 yards without blowing out his back or crippling up his hip.

Leave Matt on the bench.
I want to be a fisherman.

#649967 - 01/03/11 08:41 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Whitehurst looked skittish.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#649976 - 01/03/11 10:15 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
theres many problems for the heehawks. half the time those 3 running backs never show at the game. i believe CWH looked the very best last night. he still needs to settle down in the pocket. good to see he's willing to bolt and not break something when taking hits.

saints 34
hawks 13

#649979 - 01/03/11 10:34 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Brewer]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
I still have not bought in to Football Jesus. I think Matty boy needs one more shot at the playoffs. Besides giving us our best chance to win he earned it over the years. We all know he will not likely be back.

#649980 - 01/03/11 11:02 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
I think the Hawks can make a game of it. NO is a dome team thats never won a playoff game on the road. They're coming to play outside in one of the hardest places in the NFL to get a win.

I can see the Hawks getting up for a home playoff game and getting a win.

#650013 - 01/03/11 01:21 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Brewer]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Brewer
good to see he's willing to bolt and not break something when taking hits.

+100

#650027 - 01/03/11 02:06 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I don't think the Hawks could have asked for a better match-up.

NO is historically weak on the road in the playoffs, and they are pretty dinged up right now as well.

I don't think Seattle is fooling anyone with the "which QB will start" thing..........everyone knows Fragile Matt will start. Hopefully nobody stares at him too hard and breaks his hip.

Hank is a closet Hawks fan, in case you didn't already know it.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#650045 - 01/03/11 02:52 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Dan S.]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Gotta go with #8.Should be a good game.Suck's I'll miss my first home play-off game ever as they don't come around often enough. I'll be slingin dimes for Elk river metal for a few day's later on this week and weekend.The trips been booked and cancelled twice in the past 2 years,gotta go and get it over with.Win or lose I'll be on the river havin fun.Good luck,
SZ

Like Chuck S. I'm holding me prediction for a couple more day's.

#650070 - 01/03/11 03:46 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Dan S.]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Everyone knows Fragile Matt will start. Hopefully nobody stares at him too hard and breaks his hip.

LOL

#650109 - 01/03/11 05:40 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: GodLovesUgly]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Whitehurst did a great job of not losing last night. The fact that he didn't commit any turnovers is likely the reason the Hawks won. He also made just enough great plays to lead the team to a win. All this said, I think Hasselbeck gives them a better chance to win on Saturday, as long as he can stay in the game, of course. The main reason for this thinking is that, as Chris Collinsworth pointed out on a couple of occasions last night, a seasoned veteran QB is generally much better at identifying specific defensive matchups that can be exploited for big plays, which is something the Hawks will likely need a lot of to win on Saturday.

My "X-factor" for the Hawks' chances in the playoffs (no matter how far they might miraculously go) is Russell Okung. Seems to me the Hawks have looked much, much better all year on offense when he has been able to play. He's not polished yet, but he's already the best O-lineman on the team as a rookie. If he can get and stay healthy, I think either quarterback will be much more effective. Hasselbeck has been extremely injury-prone, but I think that's due to the savage beatings he's been taking due to poor pass blocking since the departure of Hutchinson and the retirements of Big Walt and Mack Strong. His whole body is probably more or less mush by now. When he gets good protection and at least some production from the running game (or, when the O-line shows up), Hasselbeck is still capable of putting up great numbers.

It'll be fun to watch. They're a team with nothing to lose and a chip on their shoulders, which can be dangerous. Starting out with a home game doesn't hurt either. If they can somehow get past New Orleans, the next stop would be Chicago, where they have already won once this year....

#650132 - 01/03/11 06:31 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: FleaFlickr02]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Another thing I was noticing about CWH is a tendency to get the ball out away from his body. He needs to keep it wrapped up and out of danger, especially when making runs and dropping back into the pocket to throw. I was surprised it didn't result in any turnovers in yesterdays matchup.

#650149 - 01/03/11 07:26 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: GodLovesUgly]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Charlie holds the ball too long mostly due to his inexperience. He missed a couple of big throws due to being late with the delivery. Overall, he did what the team wanted him to do: Don't turn the ball over.

#650446 - 01/04/11 06:17 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: DBAppraiser]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Chris Ivory is out for the season. Can't hurt because he killed the Hawks, but Pierre Thomas and Bush will be back.

LINK

#650453 - 01/04/11 06:32 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Rocket Red]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
CBJ,
He looks right @ the reciever he's gonna throw to the whole time,which is easy to read if your a D-back / Line backer a pump fake and another read / look is what he's lacking.Will our O-line be able to block there D-line is the question.Good luck,
SZ

#650532 - 01/04/11 10:09 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Looking forward to it.

c/22

#650748 - 01/05/11 04:40 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: chrome/22]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Pierre Thomas has been placed on IR as well. That means our old friend Julius (2YPC) Jones will be the starting RB this weekend.

I think that means we can add the extra CB out there and blitz with Millloy 2 out of 3 downs. It is a big deal for Seattle if Brees doesn't get to rely on play action.

My mom told me that Brees will be tough to beat because he is a "Strong Christian man, with God on his side.". I told her that Matt H is a bible thumper too, and God must hate him.

Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 ... 80 81 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, 2 invisible), 941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645366 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |