THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#652524 - 01/10/11 09:26 PM PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! *****
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

Loc: Seattle WA
Hey all, I'm Mike, born and raised in Seattle, and I'm brand new to fishing. My dad took me up to Ross Lake in October, and I caught the bug. I've never felt anything in my life like the thrill of a fish, and just getting out there in the wild fishing (rather than catching) really isn't so bad either. I've decided there's nothing I'd rather do more in my spare time than fish, so I've after a bit of research, and buying some gear, I ended up here.

I'd love to start meeting people in the community and getting out to the water. Camping, nature, and of course the fish. This isn't a fleeting "flavor of the week" fad, or hobby, I really think this is what I want to do with my life, or at least a very solid part of it.

There's something so calming about fishing. I've never felt as good as I did those 3 days up at Ross Lake, and I don't think the fishing there was even the greatest (or at least that's what the experienced folks were saying)

I realize while trout are fun (I caught 3 up at the Ross Lake cabins, but the nice dolly we had to put back), there's nothing like the thrill of a salmon/steelhead, and it doesn't hurt that I live within a few hours of the best fishing in the world (I think).

So getting to the point, I'd like to think I have a clue about what I'm doing, but I really don't. A buddy of mine at work fishes, and we'll probably start going out together, but I need to know first, if the gear I've somewhatprematurely purchased fits the bill, and what I'll still need.

I'm looking at starting out casting spoons/spinners, because I don't have much money to get out on boats (or friends with them), and drift fishing seems like a task that might be more than I can handle as a fresh beginner. I've sent an email to rvrfshr, as the gear (and prices) seem top notch, which is for a guy with not alot of cash, is awesome!

I'm open to any and all advice, but honestly I just want to get out there and fish. Having at least some shot at catching is great, but I realize there'll be good days and bad. At the same time, if I'm having a great time, catching is really just a bonus.

I realize many of these questions don't have a "right" or "wrong" answer, but try to help set a eager brand new guy in the right direction at least.

Here's the gear I got, mostly with the intention of being able to do lots of light fishing, and then afterwards realizing I really want to fish salmon/steelhead. Any feedback to let me know what gear won't work, and what will is greatly appreciated. I've also got some "to be purchased soon" gear as well, so this is really where I need help making it count, before I go broke stumbling around blind on my own.

I bought a 6' 6" cabela's eagle fish II medium light spinning rod, and a pflueger president reel. I also bought a Quantum affinity 6' 6" medium light spinning rod (cheaper, but seemed to look OK on paper, given what I've learned) and pflueger trion reel. After research, it seemed these rods would be easier to learn how to use.

For line, I bought Sufix 832 braided line 10lb test (seems to be comperable/to better than powerpro), and yo-zuri HD-carbon 10lb test floro leader. I'm planning on getting a line that will cast better, the p-line CX (not cxx) seems to be a very good one. I'm very confused about how to choose a test for a mainline, I see that the leader is usually a higher test than the mainline, but other than that...

For lures I have a few cleo's and other well reviewed/popular spoons. The 1/4 to 1/2 oz seems to be about right for river salmon/steelhead (at least the size I can bring in on these rods)? My rods say they're rated to 5/8 oz. I'm planning on putting together an order from rvrfshr for 10 spoons and 10 spinners, and maybe doing some squid skirt mods on the spinners.

As far as tackle goes, I could really use a list (maybe there's a beginner guide somewhere with one) of what should be in my tackle box, sizes help. I've started learning about swivels and what I'm rather foolishly going to call other small things I don't understand yet, but they seem to come in alot of different sizes, qualities, and can have vastly different applications, not of which I understand well at all.

So now for questions.

Will my rods work well for steelhead fishing, or are they too small/weak?

What line for the mainline is suggested? (will the cx be too weak? I understand casting for these fish can involve hitting the debris a bit) What test? (how small is too small?) Maybe I should have a nice line to learn how to cast on, and a nice durable (but stiff/harder to cast one) like CXX to actually fish with?

How about leaders, I'm assuming floro is popular? How long should it usually be? What sort of test? (how small is too small?)

How about hooks? I realize this is a broad question, but I don't have a clue, other than it seems the sickle style seems good, and I "think" a 4 or 2 seems about right...

WOW that's long, I think that's about it for now, to those that read this far, THANK YOU and sorry. I've just got a ton of energy and excitement about this whole thing, and I just can't seem to get it out. "Nice essay" comments are totally welcome.

P.S. Despite being tight on money, I'm thinking about getting a charter with my dad just to get out there and learn. Are most guides happy to teach? Do we supply our own gear in this case? This seems like the place to get a charter, and living just a few hours away makes it easy. Any suggestions/advice on this topic are also appreciated.

#652546 - 01/10/11 09:40 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
Fear_no_fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
For humpys this season you can get away with those rods but the normal salmon steelhead rod will be around 9 feet or so, youll probably want a medium rated rod, your reels should be just fine. For main line IMO mono is the only line should be on spinning reels. Ive never had good luck with braid on them (knots and all kinds of crazy stuff). But about 10 lbs is a good point and brand just start trying them until you find something you like. Everyone likes different lines. For drift fishing you will need plenty of good swivles and a bunch of lead and surgical tubing. I only run leaders in smaller lb test than the mainline. I stick to mono. Ive never needed floro. Hooks can only be the best, gami's or owners are they way to go (IMO). Yarn and a bunch of corkies, rubber worms, eggs, shrimp, spin glows all are good choices for drifting.

Find a good tackle shop near you and talk to the people working there. Almost everyone should be more than welcome to show you and help you get all the gear you need. Good luck and welcome to the great world of fishing!

#652630 - 01/10/11 11:10 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: Fear_no_fish]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

Thanks, I figured the braided line would really only be good for trolling in lakes, I can't wait to go for some kokanee, I'm looking forward to making and trying different corn cures for trolling.

What about casting a spoon? Are there some places where baiting isn't allowed? Or do folks not usually bait a spoon/casting spinner? I read that usually the fish aren't feeding, just casually picking the lure up, out of curiosity or territorial defense?

I think the pline CX copolymer sounds like a good line for me. The research I've done on it says it should have more strength when wet, and should cast easily with low memory.

That was another reason to get 2 poles, maybe I'll get a third, that way I can try out different lines and other tackle setups. Plus then others can fish too! I can't wait to start taking family members. It seems like a great thing to connect over.

What sizes of hooks though? And what styles?

And a smaller leader? Why does it seem so many folks run a much higher test leader than the mainline, or is that mostly just with wire leaders? Do I need to count on my mainline supporting only that amount of test weight in fish, or does the leader test factor in too? (Obviously types of knots and knot strength count too).

Or a better question, is there a good rule of thumb for max fish test weight to mainline and/or leader test weight? IE, if I was to invest in more line, should I stick to 10lb test, or get a variety of tests?

If I was to pick up another rod/reel that is longer and sturdier for fishing (which I'm seriously thinking about doing as well), would it be good to just stick with another spinning rod? Are there any rod suggestions?

Thanks.

#652638 - 01/10/11 11:17 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
You would be better suited if you got a 9'6 spinning rod 8-12# test. You would be set up for side drifting float fishing, drift fishing and it would make a decent trout rod for the bigger lakes. Spool it with 30lb power pro and you will be good to go. Buy yourself some 5/8 oz floats some 1/8 oz jigs, some size 1 Gami's, some corkies and some 10-12lb leader.

#652777 - 01/11/11 12:40 AM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: huntncoug]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

so I'm looking more at drift fishing, what speficic size/kind of barrel swivels do people tend to use? There are so many different ones? Are ball bearing better? They seem to cost more, but are they useful here? (or maybe even necessary perhaps?)

What about the weight? There seem to be alot of options. Pencil lead, or a slinkie, or would even something like the "lindy no snag" sinker work? I realize several sizes are probably useful, which one's should I be sure to have in my box. I like the look of a no snag design, and think this is the best route to go, if there's a great style of no snag weights.

Also, how often do I need to plan on losing my tackle, and when you lose tackle, how much do you usually lose? Just what's on the leader, or swivel,weight and all?

On average how much line do you have out drift fishing? IE do I need a high capacity reel, or do the smaller ones hold plenty of line?

Typically what sort of lures are at the end of a drift fishing line? Anything from a spinner, spoon, jig?

What is a corky and how does it work? Does the corky go on a plain hook with a leader? ie it used just with a hook, or at the end of other lures?

Sorry, for me all this gear and how it works together is confusing starting from scratch not knowing what any of it was.

I'm seeming to start to understand at least one or two simple ways to rig up until what's on the end of the leader, the swivel (though which specific ones not sure yet), mainline, drop weight (again which size/style not sure yet), all make sense, but the hook/lure (and whatever else might be on that leader) options are confusing me. I don't understand the yarn at all either.

I'm trying to keep it real basic, though I'll likely end up going out with someone that helps me rig up (IE does it for you while you watch sort of thing) and says "here cast thing this way", I'd love to get my own tackle sorted, and have a good idea of where to start so I can tweak it to my liking.

I think I'll probably get a 8"+ pole. Should I get a baitcaster? I know folks have preferences, but I'm really trying to learn, and I'm starting from the beginning, like I caught a trout once on a snoopy pole at Orcas Island when I was 12 and that's it besides the recent trip.

If I stick with a spinning rod, I can use the reels I already have. But if these methods are really best fit for a baitcaster, and it will be easier (like casting ease, getting line twist or losing gear) I'm game to spend more for a casting setup, but it'll cost me another $50-$80 or so for the reel I think.

I feel like a trip into a tackle shop would really help clear things up. Is there a really good shop near Seattle that probably wouldn't mind answering a load of these sort of questions ?

#652825 - 01/11/11 01:42 AM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Read a book, watch a video and you will wake up a master, thats after a couple hundered trips on the water.

#652836 - 01/11/11 02:18 AM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: stlhdr42]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

I'm nothing if not humbled by this experience. Despite all the questions, I've always known it's going to take alot of real world experience, much moreso than time reading/watching/surfing. I'm just looking to get a foundation to build on. I think a charter is really a good idea.

Maybe spending some time on the lake will help me get a feel for the equipment as well.

How are the Steelhead right now? If I was to take a trip out, are there certain rivers that are really a notch above the rest? I'd probably go in February, but maybe late January.

This is something I should know, but how many hatchery fish can you keep per day?

#652866 - 01/11/11 10:35 AM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
ballardbrad Offline
Fry

Loc: Ballard, WA
I second stlhdr42 on reading a book. Dave Vedder (a frequent poster to this board) has written a couple of great books on steelhead and salmon fishing. They are very informative and won't take you long to read. "Jig Fishing for Steelhead & Salmon " and "Float Fishing for Steelhead: Techniques & Tackle" are the book titles. Also, depending on where you live visit a tackle store that can help you regarding tackle; Outdoor Emporium, Sportco, 3Rivers Marine. Going with a guide will definitely teach you a thing or two. Good luck!

#652872 - 01/11/11 11:09 AM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: ballardbrad]
OnTheDrop Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western WA
Get a boat and some boat whores wink jk Welcome to your addiction

Defintely hit up humpies this year. You should be fine with the gear you have. Will work fine for humpies, trout, bass, and "small river" steelheading. Use a float and jig if you want to save some money on gear....

#652909 - 01/11/11 01:39 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: OnTheDrop]
jackiepoo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place Washington
Talk to your buddy that fishes and see if he will loan you a rod & reel to test out. Get a sense of what you like in a reel/rod and what you don't. With the economy being such a pisser spending money on a guided trip is a tough proposal but in the long run can really pay dividends. Take a couple runs out solo or with your buddy and get your feet wet so to speak and then see if you can get a walk in trip on one of the streams you plan to target long term. As mentioned books and dvd's are very effective and fun to watch when you can't hit the water. You have a great attitude so that and a little mojo from the fish gods will serve you up fat. Also last but certainly not least make sure you educate yourself on water etiquette and the handling of and release of native steelhead. Even if it is legal to bonk a native fish and you're pumped to get a fish hooked and landed the feeling of treating that steelhead with the upmost respect pre-release and the goodbye wink/release is even better than landing an Oregon 20!

Edited by jackiepoo (01/11/11 01:40 PM)

#652994 - 01/11/11 06:00 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: jackiepoo]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

Hey right on, thanks for the advice.

I think I really should back off on the gear, I'm likely to waste alot of money trying to scratch an itch that I can only reach by getting on the water.

I'll go ahead and order some books, and put in another order for some "basics" online, like line and such.

As I put together a tackle box, should I focus more on having a variety of test weights, or a variety of kinds of line (to get a feel for them?). IE, should I stick to 10-12lb test for the mainline? Any need to go bigger or smaller?

The suffix braid should be good (and probably slightly 'better'), but I can already see how I got less bang for my buck than grabbing something like the powerpro.

I was thinking about grabbing a reel cleaning kit like the one from ardent. Should I really grease my reels before using them, or are they good to go out of the box?

Also, I've seen line conditioners are popular, and with everything I've read, I'm worried about them being "scent neutral". Can a line conditioner (like line butter or such) turn off the fish? Are they of enough benefit to pick up?

Also, I was thinking of getting some pro-cure scents, but the variety and descriptions have me worried it's a waste of money. I was considering something like the "carp spit" flavor, to do corn for kokanee, and maybe even a shrimp one for dressing up eggs.

Finally, is there a list (or maybe link to another post/site) that specifically outlines what should be in my tackle box?

Like swivels, tools, line, lures, etc?

Browsing gear sites online to learn about tackle seems to be the most difficult way to learn. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I might be missing, and what I can pick up online to save some $$$.

#653004 - 01/11/11 06:19 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
Fear_no_fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
With the line i would start from 8 to 12 lb test and a couple brands. You dont need to go buy every kind of line out there at once. Take your time when learning all of this, fishing should never be rushed. For swivels i use snap swivels in whatever size as long as they arent huge. For tools i would get a good multi-tool of some sort with a small screwdriver (flat and Phillips) Needle nose pliers are a must and some really sharp scissors.

Not only the wild steelhead thing but just be nice to others, respect the water they are fishing, the person at the bottom of the drift casts before the next person up, give space between you and others if possible. If someone still has a problem with you just leave. Its not worth fighting over a fishing hole theres plenty.

One last thing if you go onto youtube and look up steelhead rigs there will be plenty of videos showing/teaching how to rig and fish different methods. This should also help you get an idea of what kind of gear you will need to pick up.

#653013 - 01/11/11 06:43 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: Fear_no_fish]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

I've noticed some swivels are "ball bearing" which I'd assume would work better... but they cost more. Are these swivels the kind used, or more speciality and not used here?

There's a seminar at riverbendwa on the Nisqually being put on by Cabela's this Saturday from 10am til 2pm, and I 'should' have my gear on Thurs or Fri according to UPS, minus the pflueger president reel, which was backordered, so I think this is a really good idea.

Now I can head out there, cast light on many of my questions, meet other fishing people, maybe even find a friend or two, and head back to cabela's on the way home to buy gear (maybe even with a coupon, genius marketing ploy!) that I now understand enough to purchase.

Well, hopefully this works out well!

As far as lines, I've got a few on my short list I think would be good, the p-line CX copolymer, maybe triline XL, and maybe even p-line CXX. If it's suitable for now, I think I'll stick with my 10lb yo-zuri HD carbon floro leader, unless I should look at a higher test as well.

Excited to get out there and learn how to fish, especially when teaching is the flavor of the day!

#653021 - 01/11/11 07:17 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: huntncoug]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Originally Posted By: huntncoug
You would be better suited if you got a 9'6 spinning rod 8-12# test. You would be set up for side drifting float fishing, drift fishing and it would make a decent trout rod for the bigger lakes. Spool it with 30lb power pro and you will be good to go. Buy yourself some 5/8 oz floats some 1/8 oz jigs, some size 1 Gami's, some corkies and some 10-12lb leader.

Make it simple while you learn and do what huntncoug said above. I'm no expert but if I had kept it simple like this when I first got into it I would have saved a lot of money. Learn one technique really well and then start branching out from there. Float and jig is deadly and you save money because you loose a lot less gear. Not too mention you can cover a lot of water efficiently. I feel the key is to feel confident when you fish. On days that I don't have confidence I don't catch fish. Your best shot at fish is going to hit up the hatchery holes like Reiter Ponds on the Skykomish, Tokul Creek area of the Snoqualmie, and the Blue Creek hatchery drift on the Cowlitz. There will be alot of anglers at these holes unless you can fish them on weekdays...my preference but can never make it happen. There's alot of good articles on reading water that you can find through a simple internet search. Hours upon hours of reading material. Learning to read water will help you fish where the fish actually are.

Have fun and good luck,

Drew

Drew

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#653022 - 01/11/11 07:18 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

well, looks like I may have had a stroke of luck, after doing some MORE research, it looks like the president reel really isn't of the quality pflueger is known for, and has issues with wear and tear on larger fish, and bearing rust, which was NOT my intention when dropping $60 on a reel (which I now realize really isn't a ton of money). I think the trion reel I'm getting already should fit the bill well at $30.

It should have come in from backorder, and cabela's is ready to ship as soon as they get them in, so if I make a switch, I should probably do it soon. They said since it should have come in already, it's no problem switching to another reel.

So now the question is (and sadly I'm going to make this decision soon), do I pick up different spinning reel, or just go for a baitcasting setup?

Without tons of cash to burn, and the poles already in place, I'd like to pick up a suitable spinning reel that will last well (all the anti rust stuff is confusing, most reels sport stainless steel bearings, but which ones are really made to last? what features to look for with rust?). Since I dropped $60 on the president reel, I can go up to $100 for the reel, and unless it really offers stellar bang for my buck, I'd like to stay under that.

I'm going to start doing more research too.

A feature that seems to interest me is a magnetic bail. This seems like a feature that would really be helpful for a guy like me just learning.

A question, sometimes in a line of reels, there is a smaller reel, that holds less line, sometimes has fewer bearings, and is cheaper. Like the Quantum® Kinetic I can get for $80 instead of $100, and I can't really imagine a situation where I'd have a ton of line out, and wouldn't lighter (3 oz lighter) be better?

Anyways, the Quantum reels seem very appealing. Any suggestions on features I should look for?

Still having trouble figuring out the rust thing. I'm worried, in the PacNW it rains, and this reel will get wet for sure.

I figure this is an investment, and I need to not cheap it. At the same time I'm just now learning, and I really need bang for my buck over features I don't have the skills to take advantage of.

#653026 - 01/11/11 07:22 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I think the best idea you've mentioned is getting a "charter". Generally, around here, "charters" refer to salt water fishing while getting a "guide" is the common term for fresh water. It will be expensive but it will take years off of your learning curve and will keep you from buying a bunch of gear that you don't need. They'll be able to provide the equipment and you'll quickly gain an understanding of the basic techniques.

The second best option is being friendly on this site and simply asking someone to take you fishing. Even some of the dickheads on this site are nice enough to help. smile

Keep in mind that almost all of the fishing in Washington is VERY dependent on timing and seasons. Steelhead fishing will go through the spring (although almost all local rivers are likely to close at the end of Janurary). Trout lakes open in the spring. Rivers re-open for trout fishing in June and you'll start to get salmon runs in July and August. The pink salmon run in the summer should be a fishery you should focus on. Pink salmon are not necessarily highly prized fish but there will be a ton of them and they will provide you with plenty of learning opportunity.

Your enthusiasm is apparent and will help you greatly but I'd suggest slowing down on the gear purchasing until you've had a person or two take you out and run down the basics.

-AP

#653029 - 01/11/11 07:41 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

maybe I should just see if cabelas will drop the reel from the order, they said something on the phone about needing to fulfill the minimum purchase for the $20 off $150 coupon I used, which would mean I'd have to tag on the value of the president reel in other goods, hence the rush to find a reel now. I figure since I've got to spend another $60, I might as well find a quality reel now, be it spinning or baitcast (I can always slap a $15 shimano IX on one of the spinning poles if I do get a baitcast reel).

I'm telling myself sorting this reel out is going to be the last bit of gear until I actually know more about what I'm doing, it's just going to be a waste otherwise.

Even the line and all that can wait, no true need for it really. Better to save money for something like a pair of waders, and important stuff like paying rent (I didn't really go that overboard in reality).

So on my short list of spinning reels are the Shimano Symetre (rear drag) and the Quantum Kinetic, but I'm worried about rust/longevity on the Quantum. I'd love to pretend I'm going to clean this reel after each trip, but it just won't happen. Maybe the Quantum has these features and I just don't realize it though. I'd like for this to be my last non-tackle purchase in a long time (like a year I hope).

I'm also assuming this isn't the sort of thing where since I'm at the $100 range, I might as well make the jump to $150. My research is telling me $100 seems to be the sweet spot, with anti rust, retrieve rates, line twist management (a gimmick?) etc.

I just need to make sure I drop the president.

#653039 - 01/11/11 08:10 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: mikelz85]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

I have a shimano saros 3000 and love the hell out of it. The Saros retails for around $130 but worth every penny I feel. The next step down form the Saros that Shimano sells is the Sahara I think but if you feel each reel right off the shelf back to back the Sahara feels like a coffee grinder compared the the Saros. For a bit more than the Saros you can pick up a Shimano Stradic for around $150. The Stradic CI4's are nice too but a bit more at around $200. They are extremely light though and your setup feels very balanced with them. I'm not saying go out and spend a ton on a reel right away but I just enjoy a nice dependable reel.

Drew

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#653040 - 01/11/11 08:11 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: steeliedrew]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Oh, and as far as reels go that have rear drag I believe the drag disk is smaller and less dependable or so I've heard. Maybe somebody can chime in on this...

Drew

#653047 - 01/11/11 08:24 PM Re: PacNW native Brand new to fishing at 25, HELP! [Re: steeliedrew]
mikelz85 Offline
Fry

Everything I've read says (or what I think it says) is that FD is smoother, and perhaps more reliable, while RD allows one to play more once a fish is on (or can FD not be adjusted at all once hooked?). Maybe FD is a better option.

Either way, the Shimano Symetre comes in both FD and RD and will run me $100 (in reality $40 after the $60 paid for the president already).

Again, I'm worried about the lack of mention of corrosion on the quantum reels. Even the higher priced models also sporting the mag bail don't mention it. But I "think" the mag bail would be handy to have.

One thing that really sucks, there really shouldn't be so many models at so many pricepoints with so many features. Marketing is really ruining so much of what makes engineers and their products great. At some point, more choice becomes a detriment.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |