THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#655190 - 01/17/11 01:47 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? *** [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
bait dunker,

Go set yourself on fire, you f'n thief.

I'd rather be surrounded by drug users than thieves. Not every drug user is a lowlife, but every thief is.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#655195 - 01/17/11 02:08 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Heck, if we're going to drug test people for welfare, then I think we should start docking TAX BREAKS from people who commit misdemeanors... You know like that mortgage interest tax deduction? You lose that if you run a red-light.

Oh, what's that? You think YOUR misdemeanors shouldn't cost YOU an entitlement? Hypocrites...

#655202 - 01/17/11 02:38 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: IrishRogue]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
It never fails to amaze me how many of those who preach diversity cannot tolerate opposing opinions. Just how does that work??

Personally, I'm not taking sides on this as I think I see this whole issue from a slightly different perspective than most. I am a recovering alcoholic almost 24 years sober, and believe me, I did my share of stealing (both in merchandise and family availability). As far as I know there is no such thing as an honest addict and the first lie is the one they tell themselves that what they choose to do is OK. The disease has been referred to as the, "I ain't got it." disease.

At my 20th class year reunion I told the then Chief of Police whom I went through high school with that the cops who let me off the hook repeatedly, while with the best of intentions, really had done me no favors. And for what it's worth, I had very little to do with my getting sober. I believe there are times in my life where God simply picked me up by the shirt collar, so to speak, and said, "Well, it's obvious you can't handle this."

I'm not attempting to sway anyone's opinion in any way here, as I know full well that I could neither hear nor see the truth until I was ready. Just offering up a bit of my own personal experience. Flush at will.....or not.

#655216 - 01/17/11 03:46 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ParaLeaks]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Too lazy to read this whole thread but as the title states. Hell yes they should be drug tested. The welfare line would shrink for sure, un employment a little too. At the mini mart yesterday a girl was in front of me and asked if they accept the EBT card, some sort of state assistance. They said yes and she said I will take a carton of marolboros and she had a 12 pack of beer. She didn't know her PIN number and started yelling at the clerk that she shouldn't need to know it, then started crying and left. Clerk said he sells lots of smokes and alcahol to EBT card holders. Thats not right that we tax payers help pay for unfortunete peoples beer and smokes. Should be limited to bread, water, eggs and milk etc.

#655232 - 01/17/11 04:40 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Nothing.

Thank you, Chuck.

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#655261 - 01/17/11 05:43 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dan S.]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Can't remember her pin#.Give me a fukin break.Trading there EBT cards and BJ's for crack/smokes and a couple beers.Good luck,
SZ

No one should get gov money if they have a drug or booze issue.

#655264 - 01/17/11 05:52 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

We should be testing our politicians, judges and CEO's on a random annual basis with the results being public. After all, who's more of a danger if they have a drug problem?

#655267 - 01/17/11 05:58 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: stlhdr42]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: stlhdr42

Hell yes they should be drug tested.

i agree smile

#655271 - 01/17/11 06:04 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Six pages and a bunch of you still haven't read Aunty M's post indicating that this has been through the U.S. Court of Appeals and struck down as unconstitutional. For a generally smart forum we still have our share of slow learners. Probably didn't get enough publicly subsidized educational benefits.

Sg

#655272 - 01/17/11 06:15 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Salmo g.]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Besides, why bother testing WSU alumni? We already know there's something wrong with them.

#655305 - 01/17/11 07:45 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dan S.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I'd rather be surrounded by drug users than thieves. Not every drug user is a lowlife, but every thief is.

I'll second that amendment!

I can't tell you how much I hate thiefs.......... shoot

Speaking of which, should I go to jail if I gun someone down for breaking into my house? Hard part would be not emptying the clip...

Keith rofl

#655308 - 01/17/11 07:52 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Salmo g.]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Ah Hell they have been trying to overturn our Death with Dignity law for years, just wait intill this passes and there's a mass exodus from Portland to Vancouver.

There's a sucker born every minute

#655316 - 01/17/11 08:17 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM

For those not capable of critical thinking

you saying that is just incredible rofl

#655331 - 01/17/11 09:33 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, you carefully picked your links, citing lower courts to back your position, but the only court that matters, the Supreme court does not agree with you.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/drug-testing

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16639854

The Supreme court has ruled Multiple times that random, suspicion-less drug testing is legal because:
1) drug abuse is a serious societal problem; 2) drug use has an adverse impact on job performance; and 3) children must be protected from those who use drugs or could influence children to use them.

#655332 - 01/17/11 09:37 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

He said taxpayers shouldn’t have to foot the bill to support someone’s drug habit.
“We’re in a tough economic environment. We’re trying to look for opportunities to save money in government, and I think this is a way to do that that benefits the taxpayers and the recipients of state services.”

Maybe they should go find that 9 billion in reconstruction funds lost in Iraq or the 2.3 trillion the pentagon can't account for before they worry about some dopers collecting welfare.

#655333 - 01/17/11 09:38 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Testing kids who participate in school activities is a far cry from testing welfare and unemployment insurance beneficiaries...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#655334 - 01/17/11 09:41 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
BD, shut up.

Just Shut the [censored] Up.

#655338 - 01/17/11 09:48 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Todd]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Originally Posted By: Todd
Testing kids who participate in school activities is a far cry from testing welfare and unemployment insurance beneficiaries...

Fish on...

Todd

Really, how so? Both extra school activities and welfare collection are both voluntary. Both are funded by the tax payers. I fail to see the difference.

#655342 - 01/17/11 10:01 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: stlhdr42
Too lazy to read this whole thread but as the title states. Hell yes they should be drug tested. The welfare line would shrink for sure, un employment a little too. At the mini mart yesterday a girl was in front of me and asked if they accept the EBT card, some sort of state assistance. They said yes and she said I will take a carton of marolboros and she had a 12 pack of beer. She didn't know her PIN number and started yelling at the clerk that she shouldn't need to know it, then started crying and left. Clerk said he sells lots of smokes and alcahol to EBT card holders. Thats not right that we tax payers help pay for unfortunete peoples beer and smokes. Should be limited to bread, water, eggs and milk etc.

Whats drug testing going to do for someone who smokes cigs and drinks booze?

Not talkin drug test, just sayin its not right that us tax payers are paying for someone to have luxeries like beer and smokes. Those are extra non neccessary items.

#655344 - 01/17/11 10:07 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: stlhdr42]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

So if its unconstitutional to drug test people who sign up for welfare and unemployment, how can it be ok when I sign up for a new job to get tested by the employer. Essentially the state is paying you, why can't they be tested. Make em random and lots of folks will get nailed. I got nothin against someone who gets high, thats their deal, until its coming out of my tax paying pocket. Or how about shortening enemployment? I know guys that have been on it for over a year. Some of them draw the maximum 600 bucks a week and work construction jobs for cash and are making more on unemployment than they ever would normally. They have no desire to go back to a paycheck. Also I think many of these folks are just lazy. Labor ready hires everyday.

Edited by stlhdr42 (01/17/11 10:08 PM)

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Krijack, stonefish, 1 invisible), 1142 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645396 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |