Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#668363 - 03/08/11 09:42 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Sol Duc]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I read that today on the PI site (maybe). If I see it again I'll post the link.

Here you go:
http://www.nwcn.com/sports/college/UW-ba...-117602498.html

And yes Romar said that (according to the article).

Edited by seastrike (03/08/11 09:55 PM)

#668450 - 03/09/11 02:41 AM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Damn I was hoping Marcus Capers would biatch slap Venoy Overton for that girly shove in the back last game.

#668629 - 03/09/11 07:35 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Steelheadman]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Damn I was hoping Marcus Capers would biatch slap Venoy Overton for that girly shove in the back last game.

Not sure why romar didn't kick him off the team for good. Loss of Abdul wasnt the issue for the huskies this year , this whole venoy rape thing was. 4-0 to start the PAC 10 , then the allegations come out and uw waddles through and plays mediocre ball the rest of the year. Romar needs to sack up and kick venoy off the team so the distraction is gone. Instead he gets to travel and practice and attend games?

Kelley from the seattle times had a great article on this whole thing earlier today. Worth a read

#668645 - 03/09/11 08:20 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
It was reported today that Justin Holiday is a game time decision for the Dawgs due to a concussion. That can change things somewhat for the Dawgs too.

#668647 - 03/09/11 08:24 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
It was reported today that Justin Holiday is a game time decision for the Dawgs due to a concussion. That can change things somewhat for the Dawgs too.

That just means everyone else will have to step up

Gant is clueless on the court, Suggs and Ross need to have big games and MBA/aziz need to sack up and play their size

As a husky fan I'm interested to see how they'll play. Kenny bones got their number and it'll be interesting to se what'll happen in their third meeting

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (03/09/11 08:27 PM)

#668649 - 03/09/11 08:26 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Hopefully Wilcox can knock down about 41 three pointers smile

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#668651 - 03/09/11 08:30 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Todd]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

It is a huge gamble to pin your hopes on a freshman. They are unproven commodities and are unreliable at best.

I hope this game is as entertaining as the Rutgers/St. Johns game was today (without the referees screwing the pooch), that was a classic tourney game until the last 10 seconds.

#668652 - 03/09/11 08:30 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Okay, let me see if I have this right.........a Coug gets caught with a doobie and has to miss a game for being an idiot. A Husky gets caught providing alcohol to two minors(16 years old) and has sex with both of them, and he misses a weekend of games. Really? If anyone on this forum had provided alcohol and banged two underaged girls........we'd be in prison. Yeah, that Romar....what a coach.

The whole thing is B.S.

#668656 - 03/09/11 08:37 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The age of consent in Washington is 16, so they were legal, and they both said it was consensual...stupid, but not illegal.

The alcohol, on the other hand...not so much.

Fish on...

Todd

#668665 - 03/09/11 08:47 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Snake Pliskin]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

First of all, their is no charge of sexual impropriatey here so that is a non-starter. In most cases, the age of consent in WA is 16. There are some caviats to that but Overton was not charged with a sexual crime so that is a non-starter.

As for giving minors alcohol, its a misdemeanor and will be dealt with by the court system. Since everyone is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, IMO, he shouldn't miss any time until convicted of something. However, Romar is obviously free to do as he sees fit and benching the kid during the Pac 10 tourney is his call. Whether or not one agrees with WSU's handling of the mary jane issues, they have been consistent this season, get caught with a joint, sit out a game.

#668716 - 03/09/11 10:50 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
If anyone on this forum had provided alcohol and banged two underaged girls........we'd be in prison.

We'll have to ask FishPrince about that one.

I'm still pissed about the timing of it all. The incident happened when, Jan. 8th? It took the City of Seattle two full months to decide if they wanted to charge him with furnishing alcohol to a minor? How much investigating needed to be done here? "Mr. Overton, did you buy alcohol for these two minors?" Venoy: "Yes". They could have charged him within the same week for FFS.

I read that the KCPA decided in Feb. to not charge Venoy with sexual assault because it was deemed consensual. Why wait until yesterday to reveal this publicly? The whole thing could have been solved last month, he could have sat out some games, got kicked off the team, whatever. Instead they wait until two days before post season play to reveal the charges and details of the case. I understand that there was different jurisdictions for each potential charge but the whole timing thing stinks....something is rotten in Denmark.

Ike

#668722 - 03/09/11 11:12 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

I doubt that prosecutors follow the Pac 10 schedule when deciding who or when to prosecute. More likely, they are just really slow. The incident occurred Jan. 8th and 60 days later charges are filed. That seems pretty normal for the wheels of justice to turn. Court case probably won't be heard until summer.

Edited by DBAppraiser (03/09/11 11:16 PM)

#668728 - 03/09/11 11:28 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Yeah, I'm sure the timing of it all is just coincidence. His first court date is appropriately scheduled for April Fools' Day....the day before the Final Four starts.

Ike

#668736 - 03/09/11 11:58 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Cougs really need Reggie Moore. Reggie can move the ball up-court against the press. I expect Thompson to show some leadership and score early and often. This team has been so inconsistent all year. The only time they get their stuff together is against the Huskies. Tough to beat a team three in a row but its been done before.

#668813 - 03/10/11 11:57 AM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
So if an adult provides alcohol to a minor with the purpose of having consensual sex .........is it really consensual?

GO COUGS!

#668818 - 03/10/11 12:16 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Doug P]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

Random one time event or was it premeditated and been done before???

#668843 - 03/10/11 01:04 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Doug P]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Doug P
So if an adult provides alcohol to a minor with the purpose of having consensual sex .........is it really consensual?

That's the question I would have asked...and is probably why it took a while to get the charges together.

Fish on...

Todd

#668844 - 03/10/11 01:10 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: Todd]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
I didn't know Eminem was a Coog! thumbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXMIJqRo6hM

Win #10 in the last 14 games tonight baby hello

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#668923 - 03/10/11 07:16 PM Re: Cougs getting it done... [Re: NOFISH]
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Originally Posted By: NOFISH
I didn't know Eminem was a Coog! thumbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXMIJqRo6hM

Win #10 in the last 14 games tonight baby hello

agree

GO COUGS!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 306 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645441 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |