Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#704558 - 09/16/11 03:20 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
It isnt the fact that they were thrown another bone dipschit.

The problem lies in the way the treaties were writen and interpratated.
The thought that someone that has lost a father to a war while fighting for this country has nowhere near the special rites that someone that had a great great great grandfather that was a tribal member is ridiculous. It's like handing out checks now to the great Grandchildren of slaves. The fact that the people with the authority to sign them probably didn't have a clue as to what they were signing makes me ill.

#704561 - 09/16/11 03:58 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
cryriver
better long term vision or better lawyers and judge
ya wanna live on American money ? be part of the team.

#704563 - 09/16/11 04:48 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Quote:
White man never gave the indian anything.

Too far out there!

If I held a gun to your head with the hammer back and my finger on the trigger. Then instead of pulling the trigger, I lowered the hammer and holstered my piece, you think I didn't give you anything?
You, sir, are an idiot.

#704593 - 09/16/11 01:05 PM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ParaLeaks]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Millions of dollars spent daily on the comforts for Illegal aliens-school, housing, food, health care.

Millions spent for "i cant work and support my fam" insurance and comp..

$1.2 mill-does not buy much Irie-but it kept some kids in sports (not that you would care) and upgraded out dated tools for school--more than what most would give effort too.

#704736 - 09/17/11 01:32 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

The analogy, dimwit, is the relationship the Feds had with the Tribes when they were herded onto reservations. They lost the war.....or were about to, before we (oh, never mind....you don't get that...the U.S.) "holstered" their weapons instead of wiping out the Tribes. Did the Tribes have it the way they wanted it? NO. Did they get the gift of allowing to continue.....YES.
And that was only the beginning of hand outs to the Tribes.

You are the reason that some folks have to go on and on explaining the simplest of things. Difference is, they care whether or not you understand......I don't.

#704742 - 09/17/11 03:19 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
The whole point Aunty was making out was that they don't need the grant. Pure and simple, they have the money but spend it else where. We are idiots to be giving it too them. Kind of like a freind I know whose kids live with him and refuse to pay rent. They pay for their kids to go to disney land, buy new cars and likewise. And why not, until he kicks them out they can do as they please. Its time we cut the gravy train for things we are not required by treaty to give to them. And remember, a large percentage of the time you see the tribe "donating money" its due to the requirements of their gambling compact, which requires public contributions instead of paying taxes.

Edited by Krijack (09/17/11 09:45 PM)

#705036 - 09/19/11 11:07 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ]
MartyMoose Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens, Wa
Originally Posted By: blue water pro
Upset about a grant for Law enforcement? RYFKM? Seriously? Think this more about indian hating than grant hating or government hating...maybe it would be better if we approved the grant to Iran? BTW how much do the states get for law enforcement via Fed government betcha its a whole lot more - lol too funny!

Here you go - get yourself a grant - knock yourself out - lol!!!

http://www.grants.gov/index.jsp

The States are not sovereign nations you dolt.

Edited by MartyMoose (09/19/11 11:08 AM)
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

#705049 - 09/19/11 12:06 PM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: MartyMoose]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Originally Posted By: MartyMoose
Originally Posted By: blue water pro
Upset about a grant for Law enforcement? RYFKM? Seriously? Think this more about indian hating than grant hating or government hating...maybe it would be better if we approved the grant to Iran? BTW how much do the states get for law enforcement via Fed government betcha its a whole lot more - lol too funny!

Here you go - get yourself a grant - knock yourself out - lol!!!

http://www.grants.gov/index.jsp

The States are not sovereign nations you dolt.

And it is also not about Indian hating at all. It's about special treatment....and not about special treatment to bring things to a level playing field, it's about giving one race priorities over another, doesn't matter which race you choose, either. In this country we are ALL created equal. (I heard those words somewhere).

I am beyond done with you BWP. Somewhere along the line, you lost it, and it isn't my job to help you find it, but I hope you do.

signed,
the Evil One

rolleyes

#705166 - 09/20/11 12:10 AM Re: $11,000,000 to Tribes [Re: ParaLeaks]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
The puyallup tribe is anything but poor. They give each member about $1800.00 a month. For those under 18, a large percentage is invested and kept in trust for them. I talked to a few young members who said their lump payment upon turning 18 was up over $100,000. But, the state and feds still pay for their schools, police, health care and much more. Some of it is mandated, but much is not. We are suckers to keep doling it out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |