Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#707780 - 10/03/11 01:53 AM Re: Best River Find? [Re: JTD]
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
Found a neat rock weir in Boulder Creek right below Hwy 530 last weekend while fishing the N. Fk. Stilly...how it's legal to block off 2/3 of the river I don't know, but there it is.

Any idea who I should contact?

#707782 - 10/03/11 02:17 AM Re: Best River Find? [Re: fishkisser99]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Found so many things it's hard to remember but one of my best is while waiting for a guide at a parking lot of a tavern I went around a car to take a leak and I was almost hitting a pile of wadded up cash. $350.00 bucks made the trip a little cheaper that day.

Found an old 30/30 Winchester lever action rifle laying in the river that was probably there for 50 / 60 years.

An aluminum canoe floating down the river and I towed it to my trailer and took it home. Reported it found in several media areas but no one ever claimed so I sold it.

Found several rods and reels but have lost more than I found.

fp

#707800 - 10/03/11 11:58 AM Re: Best River Find? [Re: ColeyG]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
it had a the blade coming out from the handle at a right angle. The blade would go out between your middle and index finger. Great knife for punching and stabbing at the same time.

Did the knife look like this?

The safe maker, while cool looking, is generally thought of (in the knife nut world) to be sort of a gimmick and not very functional for it's intended purpose. The blade and handle design put a lot of leverage on the blade and make it hard to hold onto and keep straight.

That is it. It is called a "safe maker" I always called it the "punchstabber".

#707836 - 10/03/11 04:17 PM Re: Best River Find? [Re: Rocket Red]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
you made me want to look at pics of things we have found...heres a few

this was one of the most recent...said to call the athorites...also said it had hazardous materials

everyone finds one or two of these

this one is great...leon is a magnet for fishing rods..if you lose them he will find them...we were on a halibut trip with Jambo and they lost the Loomis Halibut rod and reel a week before...shows you how dialed in to the fishing spots Mike is...great guide...and he was pretty happy to get it back smile

another rod leon found at rufus woods..im sure there are a ton there

a couple hats out there

a bucket for leons bucket list

this one was a omen...we never drink on the boat but we rowed over to pic some trash up off the river and as we got closer we discoverd this...we each had a nice cold beer mmmmmm

im sure a few people have seen a few of these...

thats all i could find quick...i got to get some work done and turn off Jerry Springer...hahhahha

#707855 - 10/03/11 06:18 PM Re: Best River Find? [Re: larryb]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Ten years ago I was fishing the Cowlitz with a friend in his sled. I hooked a steelhead and it was a hot one. As it constantly swam around the boat I had to follow it. On one run from one side to the other I slipped and fell and hit both wrists on the side of the sled at the same time the fish took off. I dropped the rod and watched it being pulled into the depths! Here's the story. I had the rod made way back in the day when Loomis was still making rods out of Schaefer's garage. Gary made it for me. He put my name on the rod. This was a cool 9.5 foot rod with a hardwood real seat. Anyway, I thought I would never see it again. One year later a guy calls me up and asked me if I had lost a rod. He said he took a chance and found me in the Tacoma phone book. He was a Major in the Army at Ft. Lewis. He had found the rod stuck in some bushes that had been under water for some time and when the water level came down there it was, reel and all. The rod is stuck together forever. I can't get it to sepearte so I use it as a wall decoration. There really are good people in this world. But, what are the odds? I still can't believe it. He wouldn't take anything as a reward. One year later I'm fly fishing the uuper Hoh and come across a fly rod and reel laying on the bank. I took it to the ranger at the camp ground and you know what he said? Just keep it. I said no way pal someone may come back looking for it. I left it with him. I could not believe he had that attitude.

#707868 - 10/03/11 07:17 PM Re: Best River Find? [Re: gooybob]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
CedarR's safe story reminds me of another one of my finds.
I was fishing the beach below the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge. This was before the new park was put in south of the bridge and the new bridge hadn't been built yet. You had to hike down the hill under the bridge to get to the beach. I got there just as it was getting light. As soon got down the hill, I saw a pretty good size safe lying on the beach. There were a bunch of papers, checks etc in the water and on the beach as well. Based on how it was lying, it must have been tossed off the bridge and hadn't been there very long.
I gathered everything up that I could find and hide it in the woods until I was done fishing. After I was done fishing, I lugged it back up the hill. I noticed that some of the papers referenced a hotel near my house. I swung by on my way home and sure enough, it had been burgarized the night before. I gave the owner back the safe and contents. He said he wanted to reward me and that he'd be right back. I said no thanks, but he insisted. He came back and gave me my reward.... a can of diet coke, lol.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |