LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70867 - 09/01/03 05:53 PM New boat--where to go?
ErynH Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bellevue
Hi,

Just got a new boat--23' Bayliner Ciera--and am trying to decide where to head for a week of on-board camping and fishing around the beginning of October. This is our first 'big' boat. We're not ready for the Sound yet.

Should I head for the Pot Holes? Lake Roosevelt? or Banks Lake?

And what tends to be biting that time of year? Most of my fishing has been in spring, and I've done allright fishing for Walleye, trout and smallies. But I don't know fall fishing at all.

Any pointers would be helpful!

#70868 - 09/02/03 02:56 AM Re: New boat--where to go?
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
don't let the sound intimidate you,its really no different than a lake,and that week is a great time to be out there after the northern coho,if not then Chelan would be a good place.

#70869 - 09/02/03 07:28 PM Re: New boat--where to go?
big john Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: washington state
if you are thinking potholes reservoir, keep in mind that the water elevation is at it's annual low point from roughly labor day to early november. this means you will need to back your boat trailer a long ways down the ramp, and a lot of sand dunes (where folks camp earlier in the season) will not have enough water around them for you to navigate. i've heard that an "airboat" is appropriate in the dunes at this time of year, for running in inches of water.

#70870 - 09/03/03 02:18 PM Re: New boat--where to go?
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
head for the Sound! If you can handel banks and the potholes you can handel edmonds.

#70871 - 09/03/03 08:40 PM Re: New boat--where to go?
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
If no Sound I'd consider Chelan. Do you have downriggers? The lakers are doing great all this year.

#70872 - 09/05/03 12:53 AM Re: New boat--where to go?
ErynH Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bellevue
Thanks for the encouragement to take on the Sound, and the warnin about the Pot Holes!No, we don't have downriggers yet (more worried about getting the thing in and out of the water, fueling, and dealing with pumping out the holding tank at this point!). Kinda why I figured I should stick to water and fish I was familiar with. ;-)

#70873 - 09/06/03 01:56 PM Re: New boat--where to go?
bigb8bigfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Would suggest to go in your own backyard like samamish or around lake wash. and do an overnite in the cove on the no. side of seward park like everyone else does. Then maybe go to kirkkland for some fine dinning. At least you'll be local so as if something SHOULD happen (not saying there might be) but help is a call away. If you're wanting fishing, the salts would be the thing as skydriftin and baddawg had pointed out. Drop some crab pots go after some silvers with deepsixes.....what a bargain. laugh laugh

Robert

p.s. would do banks...

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 760 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |