Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#709960 - 10/13/11 12:58 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
OnTheDrop Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western WA
I only saw two other Washington plates today. Looks like we were one of the few Targets for those losers. g

#709962 - 10/13/11 01:11 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: tinyelvis]
Tlingitsteelheader Offline
Alevin

Well we should start slashing canuck tires at the Wal-Mart in Bellingham. hehehe

#710048 - 10/13/11 01:29 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: OnTheDrop]
ballardbrad Offline
Fry

Loc: Ballard, WA
Sorry you were another target. I was one of the first to blow the whistle on this having our tires slashed last weekend just below the hatchery. I've been really active with the media with the past week. Everyone wants these jokers caught. Be sure to report your slashing to the authorities. I thought with all the coverage in the media this would slow down, but apparently not.

Fred's Tackle put up a $2,000 reward today for info leading to their arrest. Some WA fisherman are planning a return trip and use a few US plated cars as bait according to the Chilliwack Times http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/UPDATE+Am...3685/story.html

Edited by ballardbrad (10/13/11 01:39 PM)

#710065 - 10/13/11 02:33 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ballardbrad]
FshnMR Offline
Parr

Loc: Auburn,wa.
Put an old set of 32 ply tires on your car, put a couple gallons of orange dye in them. Inflate to 150PSI, go fishing and listen for the BOOM!

#710121 - 10/13/11 05:36 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

These cowards know that they don't have to worry about looking down the barrel of a .357 mad

- Albert Einstein.

#710124 - 10/13/11 06:30 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: OnTheDrop]
gabe0308 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: OnTheDrop
Well we got slashed today at Allison pool. Ruined a trip for me, my buddy, and his son. Luckily my buddy had aaa and we found some used tires. I will never fish the vedder again. The sorry excuses for a life have won. I hope they get what is coming to them.

I used to fish up there all the time but stopped going about 7 years ago. I got tired of my truck getting broken into.

They need to build a safe parking area for the Vedder similar to the Island 22 parking lot.

#710130 - 10/13/11 08:03 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: Sol Duc]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
These cowards know that they don't have to worry about looking down the barrel of a .357 mad

You can always sharpen a green, 2" diameter pole and spear 'em.
They'd prolly shriek like a rabbit after the stickin'. grin

Yup, I'm mean when it comes th sh!t like this. No friggin' mercy.
Does this mean that I can't run for public office ?

#710147 - 10/13/11 09:17 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: Direct-Drive]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
You guys that fish The Vedder pack heat? Canada was always a PITA to get my shotguns across for trapshoots years ago. I can only image it's worse now. I thought handruns were basically outlawed there?

#710168 - 10/13/11 10:35 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: snit]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

It would not be wise taking a firearm into Canada.

- Albert Einstein.

#710184 - 10/14/11 12:11 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: FshnMR]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
This idea about the cheap tires inflated to 150 psi and the orange die inside is brilliant and oh so sweet. Puts a huge smile on my face. I'll dream of the tweakers crying foul and this type of chit aint funny tonight and laughing out load in my sleep !!

#710195 - 10/14/11 01:00 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Sorry to hear about all the bad news.

We have been fishing up north for years and never ran in to any problems. I was up there last weekend and we fished near KW and the camp ground and our car was not touched.

I have had more problem just along the Green and Sky.

#710207 - 10/14/11 02:24 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: Sol Duc]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

"We're not fishing," he said. "We're going to bring a couple U.S. vehicles and we're going to set some traps."

Nothing like warning your quarry. That in the news probably shrank their success probability to nil.

#710208 - 10/14/11 02:33 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.

Snit - transporting a firearm over the border is a really bad idea bro

Not really. It is actually quite easy as long as the firearm doesn't meet canadas definition of "restricted." Look it up. Canada actually has more liberal regs on things like barrel and overall length for rifles and shotguns. Little paperwork and a $25 fee at the border and you are good to go for 60 days...assuming you aren't a felon...sorry Todd.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#710254 - 10/14/11 11:47 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
ballardbrad Offline
Fry

According to another BC fishing blog (Fishing with Rod) there were a few more tire slashings yesterday. One guy even used a rental car and his got slashed. That was my idea to rent a car for $20/day with BC plates the day after we got hit.

#710275 - 10/14/11 01:01 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ballardbrad]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
Ought to return the favor in the Bellingham Costco parking lot. But that would be a full time job smile

#710412 - 10/15/11 02:07 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ballardbrad]
GHB111 Offline
Egg

Loc: Everett, WA
Hey Brad,

The tires on my pickup were slashed last weekend as well...I was the other person on the KIRO 7 news coverage (George).
I hope things go well up in BC this weekend...Wish I could join the crew trying to trap the persons involved...

Good Luck, keep me informed...

George

#710423 - 10/15/11 10:20 AM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: GHB111]
ballardbrad Offline
Fry

Hey George,

Good to meet you. Some crazy stuff going on up there. Hope the local police or some watchful fishermen can catch these people in the act. After seeing reports that it's still going on, I decided not to go. Heading south to pick chantrelles instead!

~Brad

#710452 - 10/15/11 04:02 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ballardbrad]
OnTheDrop Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western WA
Just got back from the Vedder. We decided to stick it out and stay for the rest of our trip since my buddy drove 10 hours to get there. We just made sure the car was within site at all times. BTW - Had a good day of fishing on Thursday. 3 kings landed, and a few lost....my arm hurts. Also caught a couple of nice coho Friday morning before I left....in the canal on dick nites. No one was catching anything. I changed to a dick nite and had two on in three casts. Then some flyfisherman came and stood in the hole and scared the rest of the fish away. I heard a couple people talking across the river while I was fighting the fish "It's an American!" maybe it was the slashers. I guess they knew I was from the USA since I'm not a corksoaker. My buddy saw a car with slashed tires on the way out on Friday along the canal. He said the car had Idaho plates. Sounds like it is more than one person to me.....

#710574 - 10/16/11 01:37 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: OnTheDrop]
GHB111 Offline
Egg

Loc: Everett, WA
My pickup and 2 of the cars that were with me
were in our view the entire time...They hit the side that wasn't seen from the river...

They are taking it Seriously up in BC...

Reward offered for capture of Chilliwack tire slasher

By Tyler Olsen, Chilliwack Times October 14, 2011

The Fraser Valley Salmon Society has put up a bounty for the person or persons responsible for vandalizing the vehicles of American fishermen.

FVSS president Frank Kwak said his organization has put up a reward of $1,000 for the capture and conviction of the Vedder/Chilliwack River tire slasher. A local business has also put up another $2,000.

"It's absolutely horrific," said Kwak of the vandalism. "This is not the kind of stuff we need."

The RCMP reported on Tuesday that nine vehicles—eight with American licence plates—had been targeted. Most were parked near Keith Wilson Bridge. While the story made news in Canada and the United States, it appears the exposure didn't immediately stop the vandalism as more incidents was reported on Wednesday.

FVSS treasurer Chris Gadsden reported that more tires had been slashed around Allison Pool, on the Chilliwack River, and that an American tourist's car had been keyed.

The tire slasher was a hot topic of discussion at an FVSS meeting Thursday night.

In addition to the reward, Kwak said there have been discussions about local fishing-tourism-oriented businesses contributing gift cards to compensate those anglers whose cars have been damaged. In order to avoid false claims, Kwak noted that any such program would be limited to those victims who had already reported their damaged vehicles to the police.

Kwak was adamant that Americans need to be welcomed on the river.

"They pay good money to [fish]," he told the Times. "They ought to be able to do that in a safe manner."

Kwak also noted that the Americans contribute significant amounts of money to research conducted under a bilateral agreement between Canada and the United States.

"We certainly don't want them saying, 'These Canadians are a bunch of shoot'em up idiots and we no longer want to work with them," said Kwak.

And while several victims of the tire slashing plan to return this weekend to Canada, the publicity the vandalism has garnered in the United States—including reports on local television news—has already scared away at least some tourists.

In an email to the Times on Tuesday, Shane Young wrote: "The Boeing Fishing Club had planned a trip up to the Vedder like we have for the last 8 years, but due to the tire slashing we have canceled the trip. I have been coming up and fishing there for 20 yrs and I will not be back. I hope this will impact people in the area like the tire slashing has impacted our fishing!!"

tolsen@chilliwacktimes.com

Read more: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/Reward+of...l#ixzz1axyWNk5h

#711333 - 10/19/11 10:21 PM Re: Vedder River Trip - Tire Slasher [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
So I guess the slashings have finally slowed down.....?

So let the reward stand. 3K for anyone who catches anyone slashing tires any time. It seems to work. Just keep your camera ready and you might get rich.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 221 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645440 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |