THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#713817 - 10/28/11 09:44 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... ***** [Re: ParaLeaks]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
There is a huge list of people on this board that are not qualified to give you any good advise with this and I am one of them. I believe there was no way to save mine without tossing my balls in the garbage and being unhappy.
The thought of me having a good time doing what I loved without her or with her while she wasn't enjoying it just pissed her off. I couldn't give it up and she just didn't get it. Game Over

Good luck. Hope she is worth the sacrifice or she figures it out. If your happyness doesn't mean anything to her gtfo.

#713819 - 10/28/11 09:45 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
You gotta keep your pimp hand strong.

This.

Truth: Over the last 4 years I pretty much gave up my life working on our property and building our house. I have continued to be busy working side jobs for money (with skills I picked up in the last 4 years) so money isn't an issue, time is. I have a stack of kitchen passes so tall, it has a flashing red light on top to warn the planes flying by.

I make sure I set time to spend with the wife, first and foremost. The boys (our sons) are our first priority, but I make sure she feels confident in our relationship everyday. I make sure she has her time to spend with friends, and I encourage her to do so. She does roller derby, so she gets lots of "her" time. Need a black eye? Talk back to my wife, the probation officer. No, really, that is what she does.

Whenever you return from a fishing trip, thank them for "letting" you go (mind fuk 'em), and make sure you are in a good mood. They will realize that "letting" you go fishing works out for them as well.

In truth, it is all about creating an honest relationship and reasonable expectations. You need to fish & hunt, as that is what makes you "you". A relationship will require some moderation at times.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#713820 - 10/28/11 09:46 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Achewter]
redhook
Unregistered

tell her, if you cant fish, you better start working your jaw muscles out... bet that attitude changes rather quickly...

PS, thank me later, you could have a potential gold mine on your hands...

#713826 - 10/28/11 10:04 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Achewter]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
im lucky my hubby likes to fish...but we did split up and i dated other guys that fished, just they didnt fish enough or i should say they didnt want to spend every day they had off fishing...to me and you may call me needy, i need to have a partner that fishes...not just fishes but wants to fish as much as i do...god forbid when we get old enough to not be able to fish as much..i just hope by then we will have life in common...

ill be frank when i say this but the other key to a good realitionship in my eyes and i may be a minority here but as long as she is getting enough in the bedroom that should keep her happy...cause if your getting enough you stop bitching...or at least i do

sex and fishing...thats the ticket smile give her enough and she will be silly slapped and want a break smile

#713827 - 10/28/11 10:06 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Twitch]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
You got it Twitch, then she starts out fishing you and game on as she is hooked. Ain't no women alive that wants to be second fiddle even in catching fish. It just is not in that side the species. grin

#713828 - 10/28/11 10:07 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Closer]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: wntrrn
It has to start BEFORE the relationship evolves into being serious. Either you'll understand that or you won't.

Yeah that, gave my gf of 12 years a pair of waders the first Christmas together. Told her that fishing is what I do and she can either come with or see ya when I get home. Never in 12 years had any problems fishing as much as I want, and sometimes it's a lot.

Originally Posted By: The Closer
when they want to spend every second of your free time with you, then it gets tough! Start having to plan fishing weeks in advance. Maybe I should take the ring back wink

She wants to spend every second of free time with you but not go fishing? Ring?? thinking with the wrong head if you want to go fishing. 13 years ago I left my ex who threw a fit if I wanted to fish, "this is what I get after five years?" Sayonara!

#713832 - 10/28/11 10:13 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
As someone else said the key is to set expectations early.

My best advice to new husbands is if you don't plan on going all out for things like birthdays, anniversaries, valetines days etc. for the rest of your life don't do it the first year. Once you start you're stuck, because if you ever stop they'll take it as an insult. (I'm not saying be a total slacker, but I see guys going way overboard the first year and I'm like man you are setting youself up for a world of hurt a couple years down the line)

Same concept goes for fishing, if you want to go fishing every weekend in the fall you should have been doing while you were still dating. That way she can't come back with "remember when you used to spend every weekend with me" when you ask to go fishing.

Going of 14 years, have two kids and I still fish at least once a week from June though April.

Wife gets her girl nights out and girls weekends and I get my fishing trips. If you want to last you both need you separate activities and equal oppurtunity to do them without bitching from either side.

#713839 - 10/28/11 10:22 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
hahahha...if i got it every day i would never bitch...but my hubby controls the c@ck and he keeps it that way...hahahah

#713840 - 10/28/11 10:23 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: lovetofish365]
redhook
Unregistered

sounds like hes screwing up... best way to shut em up, its to fill em up, every single day... dont go taking that to the bank tho, some of you old farts might break a hip!! wink

Edited by redhook (10/28/11 10:24 PM)

#713867 - 10/28/11 11:12 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
tinyelvis Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
Relationships like this will eat your soul. She needs a hobby of her own and some friends. Sign her up for a book club or something.

#713889 - 10/29/11 01:04 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Closer]
RM1 Doc Offline
Parr

Loc: SW Washington
Originally Posted By: The Closer
Originally Posted By: RM1 Doc
Celebrating 13 years next Friday. Wife fishes (and hunts). When she goes with me, especially this time of year, I take her to places with fishing shacks and we plunk. To get out on my own, I make sure I have done enough "Honey Do's" so there's no reason for her to say no. I also try to schedule my trips around her work schedule (if she's at work I might as well be fishin'). Probably the most important, when I say I'm goin' fishin', I GO fishin' (not to a bar or buddy's house). And try to be home when you say you will (unless the fish are biting and they she understands). Good luck.

Thats why I switched my schedule to 4 10's. Wednesdays off smile Those damn "Honey dos". Just gotta suck it up!

I work 4/10's too! Friday is my "free" day (fishin' every chance I can). Weekends is for us. Either riding the bike (unless it's 40 below and raining), fishin' together or sometimes, doing what she wants.

#713890 - 10/29/11 01:11 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: RM1 Doc]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
this whole thread should be deleted,

fb

#713891 - 10/29/11 01:13 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: RM1 Doc]
fish_4_all Offline
Spawner

Loc: Grays Harbor
If she doesn't like to go fishing and doesn't like you to go fishing staying with her means you will not have a moment of peace regardless. You feel like your tied down because you can't fish if oyu don't or she will make your life miserable if you do fish.

Best said by a friends uncle's plaque: We interupt this wedding for fishing season.

#713897 - 10/29/11 01:56 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: fish_4_all]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
If she complains about your fishing, go hunting. If she complains about your hunting, take up golf. If she complains about that, go drinking with your friends. Keep moving, and sleep with one eye open. She will never get your balls! Married 47 years and still learning...

to keep my mouth shut and do what I'm told. hahahah

#713905 - 10/29/11 02:35 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Is her name Mark?

smile

You owe me a shot of Lagavulin, Coley!

Damn.... still trying to lick it off the monitor!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#713906 - 10/29/11 02:36 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

As for the Closer...

Dude, you're screwed!

Take it from someone who knows.

Cut yer losses while yer ahead.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#713907 - 10/29/11 02:43 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: eyeFISH]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Just tell her you're going fishing and if she complains tell her she's lucky you don't hunt. If that doesn't work give her your credit card and tell her to go shopping.

#713908 - 10/29/11 02:59 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
Some guys get away with murder, while others are hen pecked to death. Not sure why that is.

I do like Redhooks approach about her jaw muscle excercises laugh

If fishing is you passion, then she needs to respect that. Chances are that it will NOT get better with time. If your not happy, TELL HER. If she's not willing to change then........ thats a decision only you can make

Either way good luck!!!

#713912 - 10/29/11 03:30 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: fishhog]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
I am surprised at all of the"cut your losses" advise and negativity. Who is to say this isn't an easily corrected issue and that a little work can't result in a better relationship in the end?

No freaking wonder we are at an all time low in marriage success rate. When the going gets tough...bail?

Work on it dude. If you both truly care about the relationship and each other, you'll find a compromise. If you don't, you'll reach an impasse and either hate each other for the rest of your lives or call it quits...like 60 odd percent of folks that say "I do" these days.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#713916 - 10/29/11 06:44 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ColeyG]
mikey b Offline
Returning Adult

You gotta choose the right woman. The reason why most marriages end in divorce is because a bunch of bed wetting pussies let woman have too many rights. In fact more rights than a man. Back in the 50's you could smack the hell out of your woman and no one would say a thing, (I'm not saying it was right) but now if you even yell at your old lady and the cops come 9 out of 10 times your going to jail. Do what you want but I would seriously reconsider your relationship with this gal. Marriage these days isn't meant to benefit the man and besides It's not like her pussy is lined with velvet. Woman are fungible go find a new one.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 385 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |