THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#714323 - 10/31/11 01:38 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... ***** [Re: eyeFISH]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
As for the Closer...

Dude, you're screwed!

Take it from someone who knows.

Cut yer losses while yer ahead and get a court date.

Fixed it for ya

#714360 - 10/31/11 11:57 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ClearCreek]
The Closer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I knew this would be a good topic!

#714385 - 10/31/11 01:04 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Be a man. Learn to control your biotch.

My wife started the whining after marriage and I responded I've been fishing my entire life, it's my way of life and you knew that so don't ask me to choose. She knows I won't give it up so the choice is hers...leave or deal with it. Anyone who tries to make you give up what you like is dead weight. If you can make it that far old age mellows them out a bit.

Most women really dig eating seafood. So learn to cook it to perfection and they'll be begging for more. If she still whines then slap her a bit and see if that works. I haven't tried that so let me know.

Mostly the guys I see on their way to divorce are the ones who stay out fishing all day or are constantly gone on trips. Myself I can be on the river or sound at day light and be home before she wakes up.

#714391 - 10/31/11 01:21 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: stlhead]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
My favorite line from the ex wife... "There is always another [censored] opening day! Why don't they have duck/pheasant/fish/deer/elk/springers/steelhead open on the same day! Some man thought of this goddamn schedule!" Slam door.

#714392 - 10/31/11 01:25 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: seastrike]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Originally Posted By: seastrike
My favorite line from the ex wife... "There is always another [censored] opening day! Why don't they have duck/pheasant/fish/deer/elk/springers/steelhead open on the same day! Some man thought of this goddamn schedule!" Slam door.

We must of been married to the same one! I heard that line multiple times. I just wore her down eventually, even though she hunted and fished with me for 17yrs. She was one of the better partners I ever had, but she was ready for somebody she could control.

#714394 - 10/31/11 01:26 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: seastrike]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: seastrike

Good one Dave, I've heard the same thing from my lady in different words...

How to get enough fishing time in? ....It isnt as easy as saying, "bitch, I'm going fishing" when you have kids, a sexy wife, a house, Parents that need help...& tons of stuff that needs doing all the time. If you insist on going fishing when all those responsibilities are unattended and still on the table, ask your divorced fishing buddies here how well that works out.

I stole a term from Brian and build up my "domestic credit" bank ....then cash in when needed. Take care of your sh!t, and let her know your are taking care of your sh!t....then go fishing.

Edited by Sky-Guy (10/31/11 01:34 PM)

#714404 - 10/31/11 01:40 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Sky-Guy]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Well said SkyGuy! I call it "deposits in the emotional bank account". I've changed some with wife #2.

#714410 - 10/31/11 01:55 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: snit]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I told my wife BEFORE we got married, " I could give up fishing and hunting but that means I would have to take up drinking and chasing woman again". I have never heard a word from her about it except for catch some fish or good luck hunting!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#714415 - 10/31/11 02:07 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: snit]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
We are missing a key component of this story. How hot is your fiancee? Hotness always tips the scales in her favor.

Sky Guy has it. Before you have kids it is easy to stay ahead of the domestic duties. Once they arrive, holy Sh!t! It is a ton of effort. My advice is to do the work when you are off the river. If you do your part and still get the business when you are home then you may be in an irreparable situation.

I am in my office this Monday morning, completely burnt out from the weekend. I started my work day Friday morning at 6, wound up on the river later in the morning+, back in the office in the afternoon, took my wife out Friday night* then to the football game*, coached soccer on sat morning*, helped dress the kids in their costumes*, made dip and took whole family to a halloween party Sat night*, fished Sunday morning+, came home and painted shutters*, helped with laundry*, made lunches*, cleaned kitchen*, finally at 10 pm processed all the fish from the week, cured eggs and at 11pm parts of my wife's cowgirl costume showed back up $ HOLLA!

Count the *stars in the above paragraph, in my mind I try to have 2x more * than + so that I still get $. Find the balance with your girlfriend, and if it is too hard on you, bounce.

#714417 - 10/31/11 02:09 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Rocket Red]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: RR
We are missing a key component of this story. How hot is your fiancee?

rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#714419 - 10/31/11 02:18 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

I stole a term from Brian and build up my "domestic credit" bank ....then cash in when needed.

Domestic credit bank = kitchen pass.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#714446 - 10/31/11 03:17 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Dan S.]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Set the bar too high and you'll regret it in the long run.

#714463 - 10/31/11 04:20 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ClearCreek]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Didn't read all the responses, so sorry if this is a repeat of others' experiences, but here's mine...

I don't take my g/f fishing.

I don't ask for permission, I give notice.

I don't have to explain myself, because I explained it all at the beginning, and showed exactly what I explained by demonstration soon afterwards, and often since.

I make plans to do stuff with her on some weekends, and when I make plans, I keep them...I do not blow her off, or go fishing instead of doing what I said I'd do, which is hang out with her.

I told her right from the get go how important it is, and she's got no excuse to question me about it now.

She's also smart and wonderful and knows that a happy Todd is better to be with half the time than an unhappy Todd would be all of the time.

It helps that she loves eating fish, and loves that I love to cook it for her wink

The fact of the matter is, there is no "begging" or "reasoning" that can get you out of this mess once you are in it...you either go fishing, or you don't...and it's not up to her, it's up to you.

I've gotten in and out of relationships for a wide variety of reasons...but my fishing time has NEVER been one of them.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#714577 - 10/31/11 11:35 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Rocket Red]
The Closer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

There you go rocket red! The one I'm fighting for!!

Edited by The Closer (10/31/11 11:36 PM)

#714579 - 10/31/11 11:38 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Closer]
The Closer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

She comes fishing when its warm out as you can see

#714583 - 10/31/11 11:53 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Closer]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
I don't think she would have to hard a time finding a replacement for you if you decide the boat/fishing is more important.

There's a sucker born every minute

#714601 - 11/01/11 01:50 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Alrighty Closer, she IS worth fighting for.

Let your PP brethren help you out with this dilemma. First, have you used any of our lines or techniques on her yet? Have they worked?
If not, tell her we need some feedback so you can post it online and get some more advice. Then she might think, "hey, I don't want him talking about our personal shi.t with a bunch of greasy fishermen online. Maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on!"

If that doesnt work, Then lets go with plan B. Which is ...plan time with her, a date, something fun, etc. then as soon as the glow wears off a little, but not all the way, spring some fishing dates on her...that way, she wont feel second to fishing, she'll feel first. Got it? ok, you go boy!

report back with more pics, too smile

Of her smile

#714604 - 11/01/11 02:01 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: hybridcx]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: hybridcx
Originally Posted By: SeaDNA
Been married for 30+ happy years and fish plenty. The key to all good relationships (from the guy's perspective) - SET LOW EXPECTATIONS at the beginning. If they don't tolerate you fishing at the beginning, there's no hope later.

+1

and I married a girl from forks, was nothing new to her...

Yep. Best thing to do if they don't fish is to try to get them into it. Do all the grunt work to make it fun for them. My wife went fishing with me on her due date. At 11pm.

#714606 - 11/01/11 02:05 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Irie]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Looks like Chelan? With the BMW hat and the backdrop you need a bigger boat and a second home on the lake. Cute GF. Good luck....you have to live with your decisions. Good advice here..just got to sort through through the chaff

#714617 - 11/01/11 04:14 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: snit]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Hmmm......nice looking gal, for sure.......doesn't have the "outdoors" look, tho. White shirt? Nail job?.....you got your work cut out for you, bud.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bdscott, Skunked
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (20 Gage), 646 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645466 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |