Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#658986 - 01/31/11 03:00 PM Obamacare struck down!!!! ***
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Fox News just reporting the Florida judge has ruled Obamacare unconstitutional. LMAO! beer

- Albert Einstein.

#658992 - 01/31/11 03:15 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
None of this matters yet...it's been upheld by some judges, declared unconstitutional by others, and most of the cases have been thrown out before they even got started...it'll have to work its way through all the various Appeals Courts containing the Districts where the cases have come to a conclusion, first.

After that, then it will end up in the Supreme Court...look for them to hear it next fall in that session, no way it will be ripe for them during this session.

Until they speak on it, the rest of this is just pre-season shucking and jiving.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#659000 - 01/31/11 03:36 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I would actually prefer they take it there, sooner than later, and shut everybody up on both sides. Time to make a decision and move on.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#659001 - 01/31/11 03:36 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Todd]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Two things jump out. One it appears that the health care law did not have a severance clause so as one part is done in the whole thing is. Second the judge did not issue a court order to stop implementation.

This is a little different than the two in Michigan & Pennsylvania that said OK and the one in Virgina striking down in the fact that 29? states signed on with Florida.

In the end Supreme Court to be sure. It would be best for the nation if the justice pulled it past the appellate courts and took the issue head on now. Whatever the outcome if this does not fly then single payer or Medicare for all or just whatever as our health care system is broke and it needs to be fixed before it buries all of us in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Rivrguy (01/31/11 03:40 PM)

#659011 - 01/31/11 03:50 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Todd, can the House stop the funding for it?

- Albert Einstein.

#659013 - 01/31/11 03:52 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Fox News just reporting the Florida judge has ruled Obamacare unconstitutional. LMAO! beer

Wait... you actually watch Fox News?

I thought that was an urban myth! rofl

From time to time, but yes I get tired of all the partisan B.S.

- Albert Einstein.

#659015 - 01/31/11 03:55 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Todd, can the House stop the funding for it?

Maybe...but the brighter on the right side of the aisle know that it will be perceived as an attack on Obama that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual issue (they'd be right), so if cooler heads prevail, that won't happen.

It'll be with the Supremes next fall, why do something rash or tactically childish when it won't really matter in the end, anyway?

Fish on...

Todd

#659020 - 01/31/11 04:08 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Todd]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Yes I agree Todd but if they start giving this and that out then it makes it that much harder to take back. They need to send it up faster(I doubt it will happen though) or stop implementation until it is decided. Otherwise we will hear that we can not now stop the program as this groups need outweighs this or that. Not that it would be struck down anyway since the court seldom if ever sides against the feds increasing power.

Good old CC covers anything and everything.

Edited by docspud (01/31/11 04:09 PM)

#659021 - 01/31/11 04:10 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: docspud]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

And when the supremes strike it down, the libs will then complain that it's a conservative stacked court.

#659023 - 01/31/11 04:29 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: bait dunker]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I think those on the right in Congress are rightly afraid that if it begins to implemented that it will prove to work...and they don't give a shiot about it working or not, they only care about beating Obama with it.

Fish on...

Todd

#659024 - 01/31/11 04:31 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Todd]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Yup, number one goal = beat Obama.
Health care is for the rich.

#659033 - 01/31/11 05:10 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: stlhead]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Todd

You and I might be on different sides of the health care thing but you know it has nothing to do with it working. Anyone who pays for themselves or staff know it did not bring down costs (as promised) but raised them on hard working americans. This was not about costs for everyone but coverage for everyone.

The problem with implementation is that we start to see these people being trucked out and get the sympathy card going. It wont be about if it is right or wrong, if it works or not, it will be about little Timmy having it taken away. No matter if he was covered under the old system for nothing or if he gets the exact same coverage he always had. We will have his mother (likely a life long Dem) all over the news talking about how dare they take this away from my son.

Truth does not matter only little Timmy. Let little Timmy be covered by the system as he always has been and find out if the SCOTUS upholds this or not before it becomes more of a political football than it already is. Let them decide and then the winners win and the rest of us will live with the decision.

#659036 - 01/31/11 05:20 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: docspud]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

It hasn't even been substantively implemented yet...hard to say how well it's working or not yet.

Fish on...

Todd

#659039 - 01/31/11 05:31 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Reform hasn't started. Somewhere there was a CEO gathering with the insurance industry and they arrived at the term "Wellness Plan" which means employees pick up more of the tab. In other words you got a pay cut under the guise of increasing health care costs.

#659041 - 01/31/11 05:36 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: stlhead]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Part of the judge's ruling: “I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’” Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.

#659043 - 01/31/11 05:41 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: grizz1]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Sounds like the judge should be disbarred as that would have obsolutely nothing to do with the legal matter at hand. Any other foot notes about social security, et al?

#659045 - 01/31/11 05:44 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: grizz1]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

With a House and Senate infested with lawyers one would think that one of them would be intelligent enough to figure this out before passing the damn legislation. Oh, wait a minute. I forgot that they don't care about the Constitution. foul

- Albert Einstein.

#659047 - 01/31/11 05:48 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

With a House and Senate infested with lawyers one would think that one of them would be intelligent enough to figure this out before passing the damn legislation. Oh, wait a minute. I forgot that they don't care about the Constitution. foul

Or maybe they do, and did, and the judges that have found in favor of the legislation are the ones that are right?

Fish on...

Todd

#659049 - 01/31/11 05:54 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

How about this....they read the bill before passing it. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#659050 - 01/31/11 05:58 PM Re: Obamacare struck down!!!! [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

How about this....they read the bill before passing it. rofl

I think Congress would grind to a halt...I believe we'd all be appalled at the amount of voting our reps do without having any idea whatsoever is in the bills they are voting for...

Fish on...

Todd

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, 1 invisible), 1207 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |