Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#733673 - 01/17/12 12:45 AM Re: I think I scored [Re: Jermz]
Bigtrout15
Unregistered

Those are a steel. Look like they are in perfect used condition too. My dads boss snaged a fishing rod that had an oarnge abu 5000 on it similar to those. Cant remember what the rod was but it was nice to. Im guessing those are direct drive reels as well?

#733681 - 01/17/12 01:01 AM Re: I think I scored [Re: Jermz]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Jermz
Its going to be fun to go retro. Might have to get the hip waders out and a Pendilton jacket. Lol

Now yer talkin'. With a Fenglass rod, round reel, hip boots, and a Pendelton, you'll look like you've got forty years of fishing experience, even if you're only 25 years old. wink I have a half dozen old school Fenwicks: 83C, 85C, 89C, an FS80C like the one you picked up. There's a couple trout spinning rods, also. The FS83C was my favorite steelhead rod until a streamside modification turned it into a FS81C. Now, it's my favorite surf perch rod. I've used the FS80C for tidewater coho with good success. A shorter rod works well in brushy bank scenarios, the soft tip of the 80C will let you detect a bite without having to hold the line between your lips (just kidding, Merg), and that rod has enough "back" to lean on a big fish if'n you have to. Nicks and knocks that will have you looking for your graphite rod warranty will only be character building blemishes on the brown glass. You might want to sell or save those red reels, but I'd say fish those Fenwicks until they're worn out. One more suggestion, pick up an orange "crusher" hat to complete your outfit.

#733812 - 01/17/12 05:11 PM Re: I think I scored [Re: ]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everott
Originally Posted By: Bigtrout15
Those are a steel. Look like they are in perfect used condition too. My dads boss snaged a fishing rod that had an oarnge abu 5000 on it similar to those. Cant remember what the rod was but it was nice to. Im guessing those are direct drive reels as well?

Yeah I feel like I scored. There regular reels, haven't had a chance to see direct drives yet.

#733815 - 01/17/12 05:19 PM Re: I think I scored [Re: CedarR]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everott
I fished with a 80+ old man on the Cascade that had rubber hip waders, Pendilton jacket, and a elmer fudd hat. Cool old dude, he even got a nice Steelie that day.

Not sure what the orange crusher hat looks like. I'll try to look it up.

Might get a few laughs at the river.

#733820 - 01/17/12 05:40 PM Re: I think I scored [Re: Jermz]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Crusher hats....

Squish 'em down and put them in your pocket....crush 'em.

Black Servus brand hip boots (Lacrosse OK)
3/4 length rain coat, olive color.
3/4 length was favored because it covered the open tops of the hip boots.

Red Ambassadeur and Fenwick or Lamiglas stick.

I'll bet someday there will be an "Old School Saturday" and guys will dress up in this stuff, use old time gear and compete like the SRC.

#733873 - 01/17/12 08:40 PM Re: I think I scored [Re: Direct-Drive]
Bigtrout15
Unregistered

yea thats the old timer look. Direct drive reels are tricky. Its beter you got reels that arnt. put some new drag washers in them lube em up and go catch some fish pluggin

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 955 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |