Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75843 - 01/24/03 11:28 PM DUCK HUNTING
Lildrifter Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Hey I'm 14 years old and I was wondering where there are some good spots in Northwest Washinton. I've hunted in Republic or Curlew area and had good luck but thats in Eastern Washington. I've hunted in Port Angeles since I was about 11 years old and had good luck but I still need some good spots that I know will produce some ducks. If anyone can give me some advice i would sure appreciate it.

#75844 - 01/27/03 02:28 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear Scout Lake, Scout Slew, Scout River, Scout Marsh and Scout Pond is just awesome!

Directions; follow Scout road north, south, east or west. When you come to the end, get out and scout around you should find the lake, slew, river, marsh and pond.

You know what? its always fun looking for these places I am sure there is a Scout something in your neighborhood, get out and find it!

#75845 - 01/27/03 03:21 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
Driftboater.. that was priceless!!

No free lunch!!

hello hello

#75846 - 01/27/03 09:42 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
lildrifter
Ignore the shallow inteligence of the last two replies. eek The thing you want to do is learn the birds and proper scouting, and put in lots of time, butI under stand where your coming from, and that's a plase to start I'm assuming. you can contact the Aberdeen offices of wdfw, and they will send you maps of the public places on the west side. know just start watching the birds. hunting seson is over you can learn a lot about behavior and what their whanting to make them content.

but if you would like Email me I'm going to do some scouting up your way real soon for some new spots for next year, and your more than welcome to jion me and my Friends.

confused beathead
DRIFTBOATER / CWU girl
I would think that you both where adults. act like it!!!! beer thumbs

#75847 - 01/27/03 09:54 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Lildrifter Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
That wasnt very nice what you did to me driftboater. Im new to the hunting world and i just wanted to ask where some spots were. I didnt want anybody coming on and leaving some mean remark like that.

#75848 - 01/27/03 09:57 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by assalyanizim:
lildrifter
Ignore the shallow inteligence of the last two replies. The thing you want to do is learn the birds and proper scouting, and put in lots of time, butI under stand where your coming from, and that's a plase to start I'm assuming. you can contact the Aberdeen offices of wdfw, and they will send you maps of the public places on the west side. know just start watching the birds. hunting seson is over you can learn a lot about behavior and what their whanting to make them content.

but if you would like Email me I'm going to do some scouting up your way real soon for some new spots for next year, and your more than welcome to jion me and my Friends.

DRIFTBOATER / CWU girl
I would think that you both where adults. act like it!!!!

This young man needed direction not ignorance! use some manners.
as adults that should care about the sport,
arent we suppose to pass on the heritage and knowlege to the next generation. not discurage and destoy it....................
GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slap

LILDRIFT :
CUT EM AND DONT GIVE UP.

It's discouraging to say to the kid that he should go out and do some scouting??? I am not seeing your logic here. That advice is the single best thing a hunter can learn as it is one of the keys to determining how successful a hunter will ever be.

Driftboater's advice was right on the money. If you want to be a hunter, you have to get out and do the work. His presentation of that advice was humorous as well as being insightful and honest.....Is that wrong?? Excuse me if I'm completely off base, but I think humor is also a big part of being a hunter.

fridge

#75849 - 01/27/03 10:05 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Cwu/
Yes if the kid was a grown man just to lazy but he is new to hunting and asked for some advice and the way it was done can be discuraging with out some gidance you think.
read every thing I rote agein humer is good and fun but in proper setings thumbs
Assyli

#75850 - 01/27/03 10:08 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
steeliematt Offline
Parr

At 14 scouting could be hard, No drivers lic, All he wanted was some advice. Maybe he is learning on his own with no guidence. Did you all learn on your own or follow a older brother or father or family member or beat the street for miles apon miles on your bike, As you would at 14. give him a break and if you have know help then it's better to keep the mouth SHUT.

#75851 - 01/27/03 10:15 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks steelie;
Thats right on. hello
I remember when I was that age I was lucky to have people like you to shar the knowlage. moose

#75852 - 01/27/03 10:15 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by assalyanizim:
<strong> Cwu/
Yes if the kid was a grown man just to lazy but he is new to hunting and asked for some advice and the way it was done can be discuraging with out some gidance you think.
read every thing I rote agein humer is good and fun but in proper setings beathead

Humor and hunting go hand and hand. If we couldn't laugh..... what really would be the point?

#75853 - 01/27/03 10:31 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Remember he is 14 and looking for advice if you believe what you just sed why didnt you remind him that what he was doing is wrong.
and if you wish to discuse the opinion of easy shooting then go back to the original thred and respond to the last post! Sky busting ducks remember1 shoot

#75854 - 01/27/03 10:38 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by assalyanizim:
<strong> Remember he is 14 and looking for advice if you believe what you just sed why didnt you remind him that what he was doing is wrong.
and if you wish to discuse the opinion of easy shooting then go back to the original thred and respond to the last post! Sky busting ducks remember1 evil

#75855 - 01/27/03 10:41 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com
smile smile smile

I gotta go along with steelie and assy on this one. :p

It sounded to me like the young man was legit in his request, and deserved a helpful answer. While I agree telling him to scout was an excellant reply, I got the impression YOU were ridiculing the young man.

(I'm sure my impression was wrong but that was first blush)

I'm a big fan of HUMOR but a lot of times I speak before I think a situation thru.

CWU I've always thought you were stand-up(maybe a tiny-bit pompass at times smile ) but this sounds like a feeble attempt to legitimize a hasty retort (fart on a skunk)

IMHO

frown

herm

#75856 - 01/27/03 10:53 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Herm, I still think Driftboater's response was right on the money.

And Assi tried to insinuate that I should act like an adult. That is just wrong- I am not an adult!!!! I'm a 5th year college student for gods sake!

No wrath like a woman scorned, right? wink

#75857 - 01/27/03 10:56 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

cwu
Are you saying i hunt with out ethecs?
out of the last 18 years of duck hunting and the many pros that Ive seen on vidios I dont do any thing dif. what

#75858 - 01/27/03 11:00 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by assalyanizim:
cwu
Are you saying i hunt with out ethecs?
out of the last 18 years of duck hunting and the many pros that Ive seen on vidios I dont do any thing dif. what
No, everyone abides by their own ethics... For me, the practice of shooting birds by allowing them to land in your decoys and then spooking them to flight..... Is highly unethical. I have yet to see a video/TV show promoting this practice. Where should I be looking?

Occassionally having a duck slip in on your decoys is one thing.... but calling them in for the purpose of sitting down on your decs is quite another.

#75859 - 01/27/03 11:13 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hmm... You know, I'm 16, and the places I'm going to ask permission right now, are places I could have rode my bike to or even gone on a quick jog to.

The areas you are hunting... When you see some ducks set their wings say, a half mile from you, find the pond they are sitting down on. Ask every person around that area for permission.

Go a few days without a gun even. Now that its off season, its even better. More ducks, you will see more areas much easier.

As for the previous posts, I can tell you that the first post was in fact the best way to put it. Asking permission, watching where ducks land, all those simple little things are part of scouting. Scouting doesnt mean going into the bush and looking for sign, it just means watching the areas you frequent for better areas.

Listen to small remarks like those. When they have sarcasm like that, they are usually true.

And as, what, an 8th grader?... You can see who really is more intelligent by assy's posts... Not a sentence goes by without a misspelled word and a grammatical mistake.

When you're on this board, I'd suggest paying attention to the wiser few, such as HBP, CWU, Sparkey, definitely Bob, as well as others you can easily determine for yourself.

Lastly, hunt with ethics. Try to aim for drakes only (It can be hard at first but you eventually get it), dont shoot ducks off the water, pick up your shells, and above all, respect the law and fellow hunters.

Curtis

#75860 - 01/27/03 11:14 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Anonymous
Unregistered

By golly! What a bunch of Whiney PC'ers on here!
I could of just told the little munchkin to get of his ass and go find a spot but didn't, gave it to him the soft, quiet, gentle way.
Thats the problem with the rug rats these days they want all the rewards without the sweat!
At 14, I was running a trap line had a hound to chase and find the chewer's, cleaned two deer, raised two orphaned barn owls, watched the migration of waterfowl thru the end of my single shot 20 gauge.

I still stand by my original post, SCOUT! SCOUT! SCOUT! put down your nintendo games get off your butt and go stomp around the woods learn something! read a book, go to terra server and look at your area. There are many things you can do than just come on an internet site asking for handouts!

To you PC'ers POUND SAND! You make me sick!

#75861 - 01/27/03 11:15 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Cwu:
DUCK COMMANDER.
WISTLINGWINGS Primos.

What is the diferance in what I do and sneeking up to some ducks and jump shooting
I kill what I shoot at and eat the ones I kill.
I also get a lot of vidio of the birds at the same time and enjoy watching them thay are verry butifull. I can get my limit bye wing shooting them just as easy but it takes true skill and patianc to let them sit try it know that seson is over take a camera as your gun bet you dont get many pitchurs. And Im just curius how many years have you been duck hunting?
beer

#75862 - 01/27/03 11:18 PM Re: DUCK HUNTING
herm Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: hermanghardtke@yahoo.com
confused confused confused

You guys use guns?

I use parachute cord in 18 to 36" of water with a tuff-line leader (12 to 24" and #1 treble ) about every 6' (bait with minnows or whathave ya) long as it floats. You gotta anchor each leader.

Best to do this in afternoon and pick it up about mid morning.

Guess you could shoot any that were flyin, never thought about it.

rofl rofl what

herm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (DrifterWA, stonefish, darth baiter), 770 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645399 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |