Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76105 - 03/05/03 10:08 PM Your concealed weapon
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Thinking about putting in for the permit for a concealed weapon,just wondering what model,caliber revolver or semi what was your choice I'm thinking of maybe a 357 or 38 model 640 s&w I think my choice will be a revolver.Please give your opinion.

#76106 - 03/05/03 10:57 PM Re: Your concealed weapon
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I have a Beretta mini-cougar,in .45acp. I've had it for a couple yrs,and really like it. Having said that,I'm looking for a smaller revolver as a carry gun. My Beretta is a sweet shooter,but it's just too heavy to carry all the time. I also like the idea of revolver maintanance,or lack of I guess. You can load a revolver today,and in ten yrs it'll still fire. Do that with an auto,and the magazine springs will be toast. I like the idea of a .357,if you wanna plink .38 ammo is cheap. It'a also a proven round, with 125gr. hollow points,it'll be an excellent carry gun.I don't like the idea of a .38 for a carry gun,it's not nearly as potent as a .357. The only drawback with a .357 is muzzle flash and recoil.In a dark environment,after a couple shots,you'll be just about blind,unless the gun has a long barrel,and you don't want that in a carry gun.Recoil will also be a handfull with hot defense loads,in a smaller carry gun.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#76107 - 03/05/03 11:52 PM Re: Your concealed weapon
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I have three different carry guns. My primary is an HK USP Compact in .40 S&W. Corbon is the choice bullet for me, 180 gr. I also carry a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special, also loaded with 180 gr Corbons. Lastly, depending on the situation, I almost always have my little Taurus PT22 loaded up with Stingers. I know, a .22 cal, but the first rule of a gunfight is "Bring a gun". I own a few other pistols, but these are all reliable choices and they can all hit an empty shotgun hull at 15 yards.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76108 - 03/06/03 12:26 AM Re: Your concealed weapon
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I am leaning on the 357/38 becase I don't think it will matter if the day should ever come to use it,at point blank(15-20feet)its gonna hit you like train,I personaly am looking for one just for a concealed unit not for taking out on the weekends to run a few hundred rounds through.What do you guys think about these carbon built frames on some of these revolvers.

#76109 - 03/06/03 03:11 AM Re: Your concealed weapon
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Guns are a very personal choice. I carry a Glock 19. Get what you like and are comfortable with. Just remember that a gun gets heavier the longer you carry it. I thought I needed a .45 for awhile but after lugging it around a few times and paying $11 per box of target ammo, I went back to the 9mm.

#76110 - 03/06/03 03:03 PM Re: Your concealed weapon
Hog King Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Go with a .357. I carry a S&W model 60, with 2.125" barrel, it's 5 shot, J-frame. Lightweight, comfortable to carry and the .357 is a great round with great stopping power.

I've carried a full size .45 acp and still do on ocassion.

Stay away from 9mm if you can. I've a very good friend who is a jail hospital RN in a mjor city. He says that a lot of guys come in with multiple 9mm rounds through them (holes). The guys shot by .45 acp are in the morgue.

Whatever you decide on, get one that is comfortable to you and practice with it.

Hog

Get The US Out of the UN and the UN out of the US

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 976 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |