LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76141 - 03/15/03 11:25 PM Toutle elk relocation.
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
The game dept wants to relocate 40 or 50 elk from the Toutle up to the Nooksack. beathead

I think its a crock.Supplementing the treaty hunts is what it looks like to me.Coincidental that participating tribes are offering to share the cost.I think not.

From what I have read not just habitat,but tribal hunting had a lot to do with the decline of the North Cascade elk herd.

There are going to be meetings.Plus you can voice your opinion on the W.D.F.W. website.I hope everybody will do what they can to protest this relocation.

#76142 - 03/16/03 12:47 AM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
The tribes didn't hunt elk in the north. They slaughtered them. 40 or 50 elk should be enough for two or three tribal hunts. Oh yeah, they want to help with the relocation because they give a damn. Har de har har har.

#76143 - 03/17/03 11:45 PM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
gsiegel Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham
If the relocatin is run anything like the one in the Chehalis valley a couple yrs ago we should be oppossed to it for still more reasons:

The mortality rate was very high!

What a bunch of BS!!

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"

#76144 - 03/19/03 11:17 AM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
In several of the articles I have read the mortality rate is a big concern.They havent had much luck in that area.I think that they will do it if the outcry isnt too bad.No matter what the mortality rate is.

If the concern is overpopulation in the Toutle valley.I think there are way better options.ie special permits.raffles etc.I think that argument is a crock also.

#76145 - 03/22/03 08:19 PM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
The Green river watershed used to have a good herd, so did the White river. I know they planted the Green river 1 or 2 years ago cuz the tribe wiped em out, Well that's what happened to the White river herd also. Sounds like they should start their own hatchery.

#76146 - 03/22/03 09:07 PM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
I know a warden who works the GR area real good. He's pulled over a group of natives with elk, and couldnt prove that one (with blood all over him) had killed one of the two elk, cause the other two had permits to hunt the area. What a bunch of ****. If the tribes are going to do it, why not have a little pride?

Who all drives thru the Auburn-Enumclaw Highway everyday? Dont they have any self pride?? Just enough to cheat I guess

Curtis

#76147 - 03/22/03 10:52 PM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Actually, party hunting is allowed within the tribes. I've heard that the original idea was to get meat for the elderly. The deal is that people can designate someone else to fill their tag if they are unable to hunt for themselves. It's too bad the older tribal members haven't handed their ethics down along with their tags.

#76148 - 03/22/03 11:08 PM Re: Toutle elk relocation.
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
So the 97 year old cheif one feather can have is great great grandson go out and shoot his six elk and bring back only the straps and a couple of the hindquarters. Sounds like a really good idea. If he was using a bow that he made not a .300 ultra mag we bought him! When is this flipping country gonna pull its head out of its @$$.
I better go to bed before I get to upset.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, Krijack), 455 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |