Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#764731 - 06/07/12 04:45 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: big moby]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Urine is sterile and non-pathogenic.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#764736 - 06/07/12 05:04 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: big moby]
redhook
Unregistered

correct, fertilizers i use are either liquid organic Hydroponics solutions, and or powdered brands such as Dr. Earth, that have blood meal, bone meal, guano, oyster shells, crab shells, shrimp shells, ect...

"organic" foods do not use chemical fertilizers in any way, IE Miracle Grow, or synthetic pesticides, they use Pyrethins instead, which comes from the Chrysanthemum... but is still toxic in smaller amounts to cats, aaaaannnnnnddddd FISH... along with humans in higher amounts... the whole "organic" thing has been blown completely out of proportion.. organic farms dont use horse wagons to haul their crop, they use tractors, quads, and other machines just as others do... they also use the same water supply system as others due, as in Irrigation canals... so with the machinery, cars on the road, ect driving by the canals, leaking oil, gas, and whatnot onto the ground and roadway, then leaching into the canals, how organic, is organic?

its not hard to have a truely organic grown product, but you must do it on your own... i have taken a break from full on gardening this year, just some raspberries, and maybe some snap peas and beans throughout the summer and fall, and of course dill plants... when i do grow say tomatoes, i use a quality soil, like Fox Farms Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest, both of which are "Hot" soils, meaning they contain a large amount of nutrients in the soil, and fertilizing for quite a while is not nessecarry, i do however mix in Dr Earth, at the beginning, then just straight water through the rest of the proccess... and i get far far more tomatoes than i can ever eat, and braches break off due to the amount of weight on them if not tied up... the problem with doing it my way, is that it can get rather expensive, Happy Frog is 16+ a bag for 2 cubic feet and Ocean Forrest is 18+, compare that to Miracle Grow at 5 bucks, or generic soils at 2-5 bucks... the Hydro solutions are 8.99 a bottle, and you need all 4 bottles as the grow solutions are a 2 part process... point is, how far will YOU go to make sure your food is truely organic?

because it costs me a TON, but is worth it every single time i eat it, and i wouldnt change a thing...

#764747 - 06/07/12 05:39 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Originally Posted By: redhook
correct, fertilizers i use are either liquid organic Hydroponics solutions, and or powdered brands such as Dr. Earth, that have blood meal, bone meal, guano, oyster shells, crab shells, shrimp shells, ect...

"organic" foods do not use chemical fertilizers in any way, IE Miracle Grow, or synthetic pesticides, they use Pyrethins instead, which comes from the Chrysanthemum... but is still toxic in smaller amounts to cats, aaaaannnnnnddddd FISH... along with humans in higher amounts... the whole "organic" thing has been blown completely out of proportion.. organic farms dont use horse wagons to haul their crop, they use tractors, quads, and other machines just as others do... they also use the same water supply system as others due, as in Irrigation canals... so with the machinery, cars on the road, ect driving by the canals, leaking oil, gas, and whatnot onto the ground and roadway, then leaching into the canals, how organic, is organic?

its not hard to have a truely organic grown product, but you must do it on your own... i have taken a break from full on gardening this year, just some raspberries, and maybe some snap peas and beans throughout the summer and fall, and of course dill plants... when i do grow say tomatoes, i use a quality soil, like Fox Farms Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest, both of which are "Hot" soils, meaning they contain a large amount of nutrients in the soil, and fertilizing for quite a while is not nessecarry, i do however mix in Dr Earth, at the beginning, then just straight water through the rest of the proccess... and i get far far more tomatoes than i can ever eat, and braches break off due to the amount of weight on them if not tied up... the problem with doing it my way, is that it can get rather expensive, Happy Frog is 16+ a bag for 2 cubic feet and Ocean Forrest is 18+, compare that to Miracle Grow at 5 bucks, or generic soils at 2-5 bucks... the Hydro solutions are 8.99 a bottle, and you need all 4 bottles as the grow solutions are a 2 part process... point is, how far will YOU go to make sure your food is truely organic?

because it costs me a TON, but is worth it every single time i eat it, and i wouldnt change a thing...

what no Beastie Bloomz of Cha Ching for the final phase of "flowering"? be careful a lot of that stuff is not truly organic but can produce some crazy results............

#764751 - 06/07/12 05:44 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Simple. Buy organic and avoid those nasty GMO's. (whatever the heck they are) thumbs

Weren't you the one just telling everyone to familiarize yourself with whats bad and then avoid that?

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#764753 - 06/07/12 05:51 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: big moby]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: big moby
Redhook,

Organic has to do with the amount of metals in the fertilizer (chelated i believe??), not pee. manure is actually considered good fertilizer (broken down and not human of course)

Europe uses human waste to fertilize their crops and they seem to have higher food standards than we do.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#764758 - 06/07/12 06:12 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Europe uses human waste to fertilize their crops and they seem to have higher food standards than we do.Fishy

Higher food standards? You obviously haven't been to England and eaten their "food". wink

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#764765 - 06/07/12 06:48 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: RowVsWade]
redhook
Unregistered

no BM, i do not use any thing like that, i feel that they are gimmicks, and are actually synthetic ferts and not organic in any way IMO.. my solutions come in 2 parts per application...

growing: NPK is 7-0-1 and 2-2-5, making it a 9-2-6 fert..

bloom is 4-34-4 and 4-0-1 maing it a 8-34-5...

mix that with a 4-4-4 Dr Earth powdered Organic 7 fertilizer with Mycorrhizae, and you have one hell of a mix... throw in some Super Thrive and i can out grow anyone in this neighborhood even if they use Miracle Grow, or anything of the sorts... Miracle Grow is the by product of production of Petroleum, i dont want that in my food... plus, run off of fertilizers of that sort are the reason for Algea Blooms in streams and lakes and such, another thing i refuse to be part of... i also do not use Pyrethins even if the are deemed "organic" as Pyrethins are organic compounds, but as i said, they are extrememly toxic to fish, and i love fish, so none of that for me either... there are other means of getting rid of Thrips, Mites, Aphids and other such insects that may not be as effective, but work fine for me, just take a little longer...

i also mix Perlite into my soil in the ground as well as containers, alot if not most all people dont mix Perlite in... it helps drastically with aeration and drainage of the soil... try it some time...

#764777 - 06/07/12 07:31 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i agree Marsha, but i dont over load... i use typically 1/2 to 3/4 of the reccomended amounts...

the liquids are 4 teaspoons of each, which i use anywhere from 2-3 each... the powdered fert is i think 1/2 cup per 5 gallons, of which i use about 1/3 of a cup..

the Organic 7, has Fish Bone Meal, Cottonseed Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Mined Potassium Sulfate, Kelp Meal and Seaweed Extract.. i sometimes will add Bat Guano, and Earthworm Castings if using other soil than that of Fox Farms, but generally use the Happy Frog and Ocean Forest mixes with spectacular results...

you can also overload with manure as well, depending on how much you put into the soil... if and when (not usually) i do ammend my soil, i use the stuff from the local nursery and farm... but i have not had any bad results that have risen from my processes so far... and thats been about 15 years straight of gardening by myself...

if using Happy Frog, or Ocean Forrest, like i said, its a "hot" soil, if you start pumping ferts into it, you will burn the sh!t out of your plants, just like over fertilizing...

if you have 20 bucks to spend, try a test, grab a bag of the Happy Frog, and whatever other soil you use, and 2 5 gallon buckets... HF in one, your soil in the other, and grow a tomato plant... you will be blown away... but i will tell you right now, the bucket you use with the HF, will be split in half by the end of the season, so you will lose it wink the hydro solution i use ( im not growing hydroponically when i use this either) is called Gardening Magic, and is only found at 1 store, and its here in Puyallup... if you want to try it, i can get you the number for them...

if you would like to try an outdoor Hydro setup, try Passive Hydroponics, MAKE SURE you use a bucket that is not clear, as you will create Algea and other crap from the sunlight hitting the solution in the resivior... take a 5 gallon bucket, drill a hole 2 inches up from the bottom, and fill it with either 100% Perlite, or a 70-30 mix of Perlite and Vermiculite...start your plant in a peat pellet pot, when sprouted, place inside the pot, i like to go about 1-2 inches below the top of the Perlite to help with stem growth, so they will need to be a little taller than just sprouts... first waterings, use only water, and make sure when you water, you are watering directly into the peat pellet... continue that for about 2 weeks, then start adding the Hydro solutions that i said, once a week, to even once every 2 weeks... when the roots hit the resivior, WATCH OUT, start staking branches, and tying things off... after the roots his the res, you will then only need to water roughly ever 3-5 days, you can tell by the weight of the pot if you need to water... excess water will drain out of the hole you drilled, and once you get the hang of it, you will know the exact amount of water needed and virtually nothing will leak out of the hole....

#764781 - 06/07/12 07:39 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

you wanna put your money where your fat a$$ mouth is Abby?

#764783 - 06/07/12 07:40 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
I am just wondering how you can do that much gardening in an apartment?

#764788 - 06/07/12 08:02 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Use rabbit poop and straw in the garden. Gotta have a little extra
N2 for the straw to get broken down.
Rabbit poop is good stuff cause it won't burn the plants even when
fresh.

#764814 - 06/07/12 09:50 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

After reading some of Redhook's posts in this thread I think he might be a poster child for not eating organic foods. Scary thought.

My sis is an organic farmer - Colony Creek Farm - in Skagit County, so I'm quite certain that I don't have to grow my own vegetables to be sure that they are organic.

#764836 - 06/07/12 11:33 PM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

the more people like you salmonsalad eat red meat every day, the more blood pressure drugs are created... have fun with that one, it will catch up to you sooner or later..

#764847 - 06/08/12 12:31 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

and you are a google search from me from looking like a complete dunce...

from the Mayo Clinic, not some fvcked off website..

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/grass-fed-beef/AN02053

another from the Mayo

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-meat/MY01329

red meat, every day, wether it be burger, steak, ribs, or whatever, is bad for you...

what was that you were saying?

#764851 - 06/08/12 12:42 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

oh sh!t, heres another reputable site..

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-truth-about-red-meat

now what were you saying?

#764853 - 06/08/12 12:56 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

did you read the parts in the articles that said "may have" not "do" ?

obviously not...

the second study is red meat in general, CNN also did a story on it i think this year, that ALL red meat can potentially be bad for you.. which isnt news... and CNN wasnt the only one...

all i know is my veggies are legit, better than any farm, no chemicals used, just care, and patience... if you want to try some, i can sprout some cucs real quick and probably get them by September... English, Pickle or Blondes?

#764854 - 06/08/12 01:03 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

oh and "different" doesnt make it "better for you"... smh...

#764888 - 06/08/12 10:58 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
One of the most foul foods on the face of the earth is grass fed beef from the West side of the state. If you eat it you have no taste buds.

#764889 - 06/08/12 11:00 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Redhook,

Your "Tomato" garden sounds more like a pot grow than a veggie garden...........

Here is a hint: Google Subcool's super soil. that should give you some more ammo for your organic garden argument....

#764894 - 06/08/12 11:31 AM Re: The "Real entitlement Program" [Re: ]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: salmosalar
I should have said that you have a hard time comprehending the written word. Did you read the 2 articles you posted? The 1st stated that grass fed beef was different from grain fed.

The second study does not speak about grass fed at all. So a rational person can see that grass fed is different and that the second study you cite does not discuss it as a prduct. If you continue to search you will see pretty clear evidence that grass fed cattle is ultra low in fat. Lower than your grain fed chicken, depending on the cut. It has elevated omega 3's and many other health benefits.

I don't eat it daily, but if I did I would likely outlast you, if for no other reason than you are overdue to win a Darwin award.

Go Sox,
cds

If Doctor Rick were here, I think he would be agreeing with you and not RH on the grass fed beef. Corp America has done a thorough job in "altering" what our government claims is a healthy diet and what constitutes "good for you".

There's no way you can feed 7 billion people a truly "healthy diet". Cheap grain based carbohydrates are being used to substitute healthy proteins, fruits and vegetables to keep all these humans alive.

However, I think people that subscribe to a strict "Paleo" diet are missing out. We now know that even Neanderthal ate some grains. Grains weren't widely available to the hunter/gatherer societies, but when found, they were harvested, probably because they were "portable" and could be used at a later time. Fruits, vegetables and meats needed to be consumed fresh.

Wish Doctor Rick was still here, he has a very good understanding of how the standard American diet is completely flawed.

Don't let the government tell you what to eat. They are wrong. Just follow the money, and it is easy to see why 30 years of the fight against obesity has only created more obese people. Eating fat does not make you fat, it doesn't just go into your mouth and end up in your cells. I eat bacon nearly every day, and while I am young my bloodwork numbers are pitch perfect. The trick is to find good bacon.

I am sort-of paleo, I normally never eat bread, or grains, but I make up for it by drinking beer. I enjoy eating that way and it keeps the waist size at least in a normal range.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (seabeckraised, Carcassman), 429 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |