Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#769453 - 06/29/12 07:08 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Do you think we should have stuck with doing nothing, AM?

It would have been easier............that much is clear.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#769456 - 06/29/12 07:24 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
IdahoSH Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: On the Rogue
inaccurate and fabricated

big words translated:
lie after lie after lie

translated by Chief Justice Roberts as:
tax after tax after tax

#769485 - 06/29/12 09:10 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

It could be.

Here's the deal, though. You can usually tell how something might affect the economy by the way Wall St. reacts to it. It looks like Wall Street approves, although I'm not sure why.

Chances are, Wall Street approves because now they really get to f.uck us over..................so maybe you're right about this whole thing.

smile

#769513 - 06/29/12 10:44 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Bigskyx Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

You are clearly a believer in that hopey/changey thing. How's that working out for us now?

Not nearly as well as I'd hoped... Sarah, but given the options available, an easy choice for a redo!

Edited by Bigskyx (06/29/12 10:45 PM)

#769525 - 06/29/12 11:42 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Before the Scrotus did their thing, I was convinced that what we had was another "Old guys screw the young guys" thing, and I'm still not sure if that is still the case. I suspect it is, but the whole damn thing is way over-written and a mind-twister, pregnant with legal entanglements, IMO.

So now we shall have young folks who don't need insurance paying for old turds who need ridiculous amounts of medical attention. KK will tell you (unless he's admits that he was wrong) that risk pools work just fine when the only participants are people who need medical attention, and that there would be no need to force healthy people to participate.....which is wrong, wrong, wrong. So my question is .... Are there sufficient numbers of young people who presently don't have insurance to offset the sick old cronies with prior conditions? I really doubt it.....really doubt it! So then.......the only result from that is ..... EVERYBODY WHO PRESENTLY HAS GOOD COVERAGE WILL SEE A DOWNGRADE IN THEIR QUALITY OF COVERAGE AND/OR AN INCREASE IN THEIR COSTS.

So if that is the result you "Save the World" enthusiasts expect......you got it.

Me? As an old fart whose body will no doubt begin to fall apart and the costs associated with keeping my cranky old azz healthy enough to continue stealing your fish skyrocket.......well, all I can say is....Gee, Thanks!

Your confidence in your never-ending ability to pay for all of your wishes is both amazing and, I believe....completely naive.

But, really.......thanks! thumbs

Free Spenders Unite!! crazy

#769543 - 06/30/12 12:24 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Maybe if we raise the costs for those who have served/are serving our country in the armed forces we could offset the costs for others.

Why not take from those that give and give to those that take?

The Washington Free Beacon
by: WFB Staff
Friday, June 29, 2012

Obama wants military members to pay more for health care.

The Obama administration on Friday threatened to veto a defense appropriations bill in part because it does not include higher health care fees for members of the military.

“The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation,” the White House wrote in an official policy statement expressing opposition to the bill, which the House approved in May.

President Obama’s most recent budget proposal includes billions of dollars in higher fees for members of TRICARE, the military health care system, and is part of the administration’s plan to cut nearly $500 billion from the Pentagon’s budget.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/obama-raise-health-care-costs-for-the-military#ixzz1zDe8fjkW

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#769547 - 06/30/12 12:34 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline

That's not a good move.

#769552 - 06/30/12 12:46 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
That's not a good move.

Agreed...but I see a lot of not good moves happening before the dust settles. I know it's a work in progress but I fear there will be unintended consequences.

I'm trying hard to withold judgement until more time passes...

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#769560 - 06/30/12 12:58 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Originally Posted By: eddie
I lived under a single payer system in New Zealand for 5 years. Affordable Health Care really means - "You are going to die dude, we are going to make you comfortable but we are not going to do anything heroic to extend your life."

I'm fine with that - having watched my Mom and Dad spend 95% of their lifetime Healthcare spend in the last 6 months of their lives, I undertstand that the current system is not sustainable. We need to accept the truth that this life has one outcome for us all and we need to manage healthcare to keep that in mind.

It's so curious to me that we humans would rather spend a fortune (ours or the governments) and undergo "medical tortures" to try and extend our lives a few more months/years.

I'm with you Eddie, but would add that people should be allowed to choose assisted suicide/euthanasia if they are terminally ill.

And in this State we can.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#769579 - 06/30/12 01:37 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Bigskyx Offline
Parr

Obama? Congress? Redo? Not unless they stand to benefit personally.

^????? Redo, as in re-election.

#769580 - 06/30/12 01:40 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
2 idiots....clueless fukin dolts.... laffin

And a drunk lawn mower with a stupid fukin hat!

#769586 - 06/30/12 01:53 AM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: eddie]
IdahoSH Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: On the Rogue
I think that only 1 in 6 terminally ill patients actually drink the lethal barbiturate dosage added to a juice drink or eat the pudding laced with same. Of that 16% that do, the lethal concoction is usually administered by a spouse or immediate family member in a final compassionate act. In many other cases, the patients personal Physician may administer the lethal "last meal".

It has been my experience (limited experience) that while a patient may request to take upon themselves the assisted suicide option, in the final days or moments they themselves do not go through with it.

I think a Death with Dignity Act should be available in more states, but I don't think the numbers of those who would actually take part in the suicide would change.

I think in the end that the brain is so protective of life, its life, that it will not allow that we kill ourselves. Even when things are hopeless, we will try to hang on and consequently pass naturally.

There are however the exceptions and I respect that decision also.
I honestly don't know what I'd do if I was faced with being in a hopeless terminal condition.

#769626 - 06/30/12 12:20 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The right wing blogosphere is so full of TeaBagger nonsense today that it's making my head spin...all about the vast left wing conspiracy that made CJ Roberts vote to uphold the AHCA...he's an epileptic who can't afford the medication, he's actually a liberal who was snuck in by Obama (which is odd, since Obama wasn't President when Bush appointed him)...but this one's my favorite:

Roberts was blackmailed by David Axelrod because he (Justice Roberts) is gay...and that arrests are forthcoming, and Roberts' "real" opinion will be out soon!

http://politicstoday.biz/182148/rightwin...s-to-come-soon/

This is what happens when the Republican Party gets co-opted by the fruitcakes on the far right...who are no longer fringe members, but are the mainstream Republican Party.

For those of you who are actual conservatives and are lamenting the loss of your party, I feel kind of sorry for you, but not really...you're the ones who let them in because you wanted their vote...and you should have known they were snakes before you picked them up in the garden and brought them into your house.

For those of you who are those right wing nutcase TeaBaggers...well, I feel genuinely sorry for you, because you are fuckin insane. Maybe with the passage of the AHCA you can get medicated for that now.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#769637 - 06/30/12 01:41 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Evolution. The main problem will be the many Republicans and conservatives who don't allow themselves to believe in evolution. Nonetheless, I think that over time the AHCA will be amended to look a lot like Medicare for all age groups. A national health care system. We'll be taxed for it just as we are now taxed for Medicare, but don't receive benefits from it until age 65. If Congress were to work for the welfare of the nation, instead of extreme partisanship, National basic healthcare will provide single payer benefits to all Americans, and the government will take on big pharma and the health industry and negotiate prices just as other governments do. And because the care provided will be basic, the affluent will supplement it with their own additional health care coverage, pretty much the way it is now.

#769648 - 06/30/12 03:11 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Salmo g.]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Very good SG. applause

As all blow smoke up their collective rears the fundamental thing is we pay for the uninsured now but do not see the bill as it just hidden in the cost of everyone's health care. CBO says nope no 500 B Medicaid savings the D's projected and the 10 year cost projection based on 4 years with nothing going out was bit of a snow job. So it will be a tax which as I preferred a single pay to that hunk of junk they rolled out does not break my heart. Also health care is going to be regulated and is another fact of life as technology is expensive.

So they have to fix it and be it R or D the brutal political fact is single payer or modified, a tax is going to have fund it and it will cost as much as Soc Sec I imagine, the bad news. Good is for the first time the cost of heath care will be front and center be it Pharm's, Doc's, just the entire system. So the R's will resist the tax bit and the D's will want your wallet, with luck it will land a little left of center. Just ain't no way it will stay hidden.

On another note as to how cost is hidden by the system. My ex was a RN and rather good at her job but she went Temp Agency and would you care to guess her wage?

The answer is ......................

$50 and hour and she loved holidays as she would get time and half = $600 for 8. But most times she could do a do a double and pull double time and half for another $1000. She did love holidays.

Edited by Rivrguy (06/30/12 03:18 PM)

#769653 - 06/30/12 04:27 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Rivrguy]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I agree that we don't often hear what the actual costs of health care are, and if we did we'd find that national health care is a bargain...but as with many things, under the made up umbrella of the mythical "free market", what really happens is that the costs are socialized, and the profits are privatized.

We all pay thru the nose, and a few get all the money.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#769659 - 06/30/12 05:28 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Todd]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Had to make an adjustment to my list of taxes!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Deficit spending
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inflation
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Obamacare Tax

#769664 - 06/30/12 06:42 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Timber]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
If you're in business for yourself, you left out a couple.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.....It's the governments MO to tax people into the poor house and then put them on a program. If you can pay all the taxes and still be independent, you are making way too much.

what a way to live, eh?

Hey, buddy....can you spare me a buck? or two? I can hardly afford my smokes and booze.

eek2

#769665 - 06/30/12 06:45 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: Todd]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

But to not a few get the money Todd but MANY MANY MANY. I read someplace the cost national heath insurance but simple math is what does it cost for a family of 4 now and extrapolate it in our population. It will cost ALL of us equal to our Soc Sec tax and then grab a hold Momma people are going to freak. I have friends who actually believe that the new provisions on pre existing conditions cost nobody. That keeping your kids on to 26 the same. They are dear friends but lord I wonder when they turned their brains off. NOTHING in medicine is FREE!

The government will be forced to drive down cost with drugs and TORT reform one & two as the quickest ones. Short term and especially long term care right on the next step. ( staffing & wages AND PROCESSES ) Everybody loves to beat on the Doc's but that is not the driver in cost. It is all the associated crap and drug companies will take a hit but then we will come nose to tail to the cost of research and drug development. Perhaps those who say medical research SHOULD be funded by the feds and private donations are correct rather than built into drug pricing. Like it or not eventually our rates ARE going to be governed by our personal choices. You smoke add$ to premium. Your obese add$$$ to your premium. You drink, well you get the picture and how they deal with chemical dependency should be something to see. It is not a few benefiting from the system now but rather MOST of us one way or another as everybody pays the others bad life styles.

You think you have fun with the conservatives now Todd? Just wait until the liberals are forced to accept personal responsibility! What the SCOTUS did was send the train on it's way and now we will all see the magnitude and depth that the Health Care Industry deception that developed by both D & R's since nation wide implementation of Health Care paid by employers. All the current President did was start something that can not be stopped but only revised / altered / replaced but it ain't going backwards. I am going to love BOTH the D & R's get what they so roundly deserve when voters realize just what the he!! is going on and you better believe MSDNC ( oops MSNBC ) and the Foxer will be all over Left & Right. It will take years for this to play out and as cost are recognized and the tax grows ............ oh yeah it will be SHOW TIME!

R or D they ain't gonna hide from this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rivrguy (06/30/12 06:50 PM)

#769671 - 06/30/12 07:15 PM Re: Healthcare upheld by SCOTUS [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Why thank you! Considering the source I regard that as a compliment. grin Time to crab a beer and wet a line.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1203 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |