Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#772073 - 07/11/12 10:12 PM Re: great... [Re: IdahoSH]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

R.I.P.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

- Albert Einstein.

#772074 - 07/11/12 10:16 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
inb4clive
Unregistered

^ ^
wizard

was just going to post that

RIP kitters

#772084 - 07/11/12 10:49 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Sorry about the kitty friend.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#772099 - 07/11/12 11:20 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
R.I.P Kitters.

Sorry for your loss, Redhook.

#772112 - 07/12/12 01:06 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry for your loss RH.

#772119 - 07/12/12 02:04 AM Re: great... [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

just got back from burying him.. my sister in laws pops who ive know forever, let me bury him on his property in Graham, where they have buried their pets as well... nice, woods, peacefull...

i just dont get it.. i know he was sick, but just like that?

we were hand feeding him, and he was drinking water on his own... he got home from the vet at around 3:45, appointment was at 2:15... they said he could pull through this, animals are pretty resiliant, and i knew that, and thought, maybe...

he died around 6...

the other 5 cats are all weirded out... they know something is up... they have all along...

so we go to Gregs house, and we are talking for a minute...he has had to put animals down as well, alot more than me... out comes this little what looks like an Irish Setter, but all black pup... i think its a mutt lab setter mix, not sure, and its rubbin up against me like pups do, then goes to my girlfriend ect, then their little puggy thing comes out too, same deal.... we go and bury him, and come back, and are talking again... both dogs come plant it at my feet, and sit there... no biggy, i pet em and they just sit...

go put the stuff back in the car, and they are planted at my GFs feet while shes sitting in a chair...

me and him were kinda talkin about that, and how our cat looked at me and meowed like 5 minutes before , im still like WTF, HOW does that happen?

so we are still talkin for a minute and his Mustang/Quarter Horse mix comes up and nudges my shoulder... at first it freaked me out kinda, nothing like having a horse head up nearly 7 feet tall standing in front of you... kept nudgin me, and stayed with me untill i said we had to go home because Katie had homework due by midnight..

pets are wierd creatures

it was rather interesting, and comforting in a way...

ive had alot of animals in my life, ive lost alot too, but they werent "mine" like now... the pets in the past, yes i was upset, yes i cried, but it was different...

this one... yeah.....

he wasnt doing so good last night after he got home, and i just prayed that he would make it to get to the new vet... they even have him scheduled for a 4pm appointment tommorow for a glucose test....

anyways, my big a$$ Rott-Pitt is older as well.. and i always joked a couple years ago, how if he goes, im getting a Shepard pup just like my dad always had...

that aint happening, i dont know if i can deal with whatss going to happen with the 2 cats of my dads, and him... matter of fact, my big azz cat Squirt (my dads) is laying next to me right now....

Kitters was a different cat.. odd to say the least, he was 13 pounds with lead boots on, yet fought with my 22-25 pound cat with the best of em, actually, better.... but they would both stop, and go back to normal... they actually hadnt fought in a couple years, and Squirt was even laying next to him today...

Kitters was left here by the owners that left, as they didnt care about him obviously, and about 2 years after we moved here, they came by to see if he was here... i didnt care to talk to them, my Gf did tho... they had named him "Cotton", but for us, he came to Kitters..

when we moved here, my truck was running... when i would come home, he would lay up on the top of my wide azz tires in the fender well sucking in the heat.. after a couple weeks, we just brought him in, and he became "ours".. that was almost 6 years ago....

we used to let him out the front door... and this fvcker would sometimes seirously piss me off, i leave my window open for air, he would get let out, run to the window, get into my bed, and use 1 of his nails to lift the top of my eyelid while i was sleeping, with his face all close, to say "Hey Bitch, im hungry, get up!!" as he liked his wet food...

he wouold knead on you, and lay on you too....

this is not good for me, my GF isnt doing well, has a ton of homework, a test tommorow, and theres really nothing i can do about it.... she lost her mom 9 years ago, shes not new to this, and her similarites are why we are basically a perfect match from the first day i met her.... to know that you cant do anything to "make it better", makes it that much worse....

this sh!t sucks...

#772120 - 07/12/12 02:32 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Sorry for your loss. . .. .
As for the other animals behavior, they just know, not sure how, they just do. . ..

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#772136 - 07/12/12 11:17 AM Re: great... [Re: FishRanger]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

"There is no joy without hardship. If not for death, would we appreciate life? If not for hate, would we know the ultimate goal is love? At these moments you can either hold on to negativity and look for blame, or you can choose to heal and keep on loving."

"You have to temper the iron. Every hardship is an opportunity that you are given, an opportunity to grow. To grow is the sole purpose of existence on this planet Earth. You will not grow if you sit in a beautiful flower garden, but you will grow if you are sick, if you are in pain, if you experience losses, and if you do not put your head in the sand, but take the pain as a gift to you with a very, very specific purpose."

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose, there are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from."

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

If our time is short, it is our obligation to make the most of it and if there is a lesson in this occurence, however painful or challenging, I believe it isn't something we necessarily even have to understand but accept and appreciate as a gift. Maybe this prepares you for a new challenge or maybe it isn't even necessarily about you.

Maybe that all sounds like BS but, for whatever reason, this is something that is consistently pounded into me for whatever reason. Like the movie Groundhog Day, I am on this repeating loop of challenges in respect to loss.

Long story short; I hear your pain. What is ironic to me is the pain of loss is a tribute to the memory of love and holding on to that pain becomes comforting in a way; you are unable to forget and that is what you cling to over time.

Again, maybe too much to hear, too soon, or overboard, not sure.

Good luck.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#772144 - 07/12/12 12:23 PM Re: great... [Re: JTD]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Sorry, RH. At least you know that you did more than most people would do. You guys provided a wonderful life for the cat during the time you had him so try to take consolation in that.

#776598 - 08/03/12 01:19 AM Re: great... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
jazzyjones Offline
Eyed Egg

sorry for your loss
many atrocities have been made on the animal
in our locality there is no rule regulation for animals
you can easily capture animal and make them any recepie you want.
but it is part of life cycle also

#776719 - 08/03/12 04:17 PM Re: great... [Re: jazzyjones]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
I like meat. and cake.

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#776721 - 08/03/12 04:20 PM Re: great... [Re: NOFISH]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I thought I heard someone say "cake".

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bigfatrod, Ejo, Keith
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 522 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645448 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |