Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77146 - 11/09/03 09:06 PM Snoqualmie Tree Farm
fish-hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Maple Valley
My 12YR old got the itch to hunt for deer with a M/L and I was thinking of taking him to Snoqualmie tree farm or possibly down to Kapowsin. It is his first year hunting and I would like him to at least see some animals. I have never hunted the tree farm and wanted to know if anyone has and thinks it is good (or bad). Please let me know if you can provide any information. During the early season he hunted 454 and saw a couple of elk but not a single deer.....any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - The Ren

#77147 - 11/11/03 03:11 PM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
chumster Offline
Parr

Loc: kent, wa.
HI,

Hunted the tree farm for years....until they required a permit to gain access. It does have plenty of animals, but the last time I was there (about 2 yrs ago) it had changed quite a bit. If you are hunting does than this is a great place. Bucks are far, and few between has been my expirience.

There has also been a change of ownership, and the permits are $150 from what I heard, not worth it to me. I say let the deer damage the trees a few years without a hunt, and watch that price hopefully drop laugh Hope this helps.

Chumster

#77148 - 11/13/03 10:44 PM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
The pass is $165 and the only place to pick one up is at the ACE in North Bend. A big area, and access is closed for the year Dec 15.

I have been roaming around in there once in awhile this year, but have not spent enough time to know it well or have a good feel regarding numbers of animals. What I can tell you is I have not seen alot of other hunters in the pay access areas.

I don't think the price will come down, the company who purchased this land from the Big W is not concerned about logging, but is more concerned about preservation and providing recreational areas. But I get the feeling they would prefer to have the greenies in there taking pictures of birds and berries over hunters.

#77149 - 11/14/03 02:06 PM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
I shot my biggest bodied BT buck up there in 82. Its a hard area to figure out but here is a little secret. There are plenty of Bucks up there but they go nocternal and stay away from the raods beacuse the loggers have shot at them for so many years. Not many people want to slog trough the logged off area. When venture in their movmentes are predictable and the animals have learned this. If I was to go in I would go as high as possible in the snow and look for tracks Above Lake Calligan ( Huge trout can be found in here)or Hancock. They should all be heading towards drainages lower in the system but still above the spur 10 unless the snow is real deep. You will find them bedded and holding in the real tall reprod. The stuff that once you walk into you are soaked with in 10ft head to toe. Here is another tip. Lightweight chest waders work real well. If you are hunting together drives work fairly well to push the animlas to the edge of the reprod. Other than that look for the nastiest stuff you can find and head in you will find them. Most people are unwilling to beat the brush and want an easy roadside shot. There are some huge bulls in there as well same story.

#77150 - 11/15/03 01:09 AM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
fish-hunter Offline
Smolt

Thanks for all of the advice. I may take him up there for the late ML hunt. I hope it will be productive since the bucks will be in rut/pre-rut. It is definitely cheaper than kapowsin tree farm cost of $250.

Thanks again - the ren

#77151 - 11/16/03 07:04 PM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
The bucks are ruttin now. Not sure when the late muzzle season starts but if it is not soon the rut will be over.

#77152 - 11/21/03 12:25 AM Re: Snoqualmie Tree Farm
fish-hunter Offline
Smolt

I guess post rut will work fine....I have heard they are just as dumb then also.

Thanks everyone - The Ren

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (No More Ice Fishin), 1180 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |