Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77253 - 11/30/03 09:45 PM Disabled Elk Permit
tks Offline
Fry

My wife has MS and was drawn for a muzzleload cow permit in elk area 6068. It's called North shore C Dec. 16-31. I can back her up or shoot if need be, but she really wants a crack at an elk. Since I was lucky enough to get both a deer and an elk this year I'm really not that interested in filling her tag for her. We know nothing about the area which is around Willipa bay. We were hoping that maybe some of you had some info on that area. If you help us out we would be willing to share the bounty. I would love to see her get her first elk. The hunt is a disabled hunt with 5 tags given out. Thanks.

#77254 - 12/02/03 12:21 AM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
gsiegel Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham
Don't know a whole ton about that area, but I do know there is a large herd of elk that hangs out in the flats along the north shore of the bay right off the road that runs from Raymond to Tokeland. There is a big piece of property near the Raymond airport that is either owned by WDFW or at least they use it as a pheasnt release site that has elk on it most of the time. I assume that is the area your wife's permit is targeting. Check the regs and area description closely; that area is the scene of a "big shoot out" on opening day of rifle and I know some of it, like the area south of the road is firearm restricted at times anyway. If you go there it is an easy one to figure out. The north side of the road where the elk go when they move off the flats near the airport is private but you should be able to get on it by asking. Good luck. She should get one if you go.

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"

#77255 - 12/03/03 10:30 PM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
tks Offline
Fry

Thanks for the info. After talking to the biologist in Monty and getting the number of the major land owner there I think we have what we need. He was more than willing to help her out with access, nice guy. FYI elk area 6068 basically runs along 105 from Raymond to Smith creek. Everything south of 105 is included which is the airport area, and you can go 1 mile North of 105 in that same distance. Some is firearm restriction some is not. I still have to figure that out exactly. Small area so we'll see what happens. If you haven't got the AHE yet I recommend it. I've had it since the beginning and it has paid off. I have 8 preference points so I put in for the premier hunts but not drawing yet I can hunt cows from Aug 1- Feb 28th east. Land owners there want the elk out of their fields so it's as much of a sure thing as you can get. Just thought I'd return some info your way. With MS wild game is the only red meat she can eat. Perfect for me. Thanks again

#77256 - 12/04/03 01:33 AM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Sorry I didn't get around to replying earlier, but it sounds like you might have what you need.

Just in case, you might want to call Jerry Nelson at WDFW (360-902-2519). He's the secton manager for deer and elk in that area and could point you to some landowners as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Fisherdan

#77257 - 12/05/03 09:00 PM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
P.S. Be sure to let us know how she does!

Fisherdan

#77258 - 12/05/03 11:44 PM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
gsiegel Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham
tks,

Good luck on the hunt!

Most of the WDFW staff in the regional offices seem pretty helpful. Glad to hear you got the info you need.

Incidentally, I was one of the very first to go through the AHE program. That Aug-Feb hunt is awfully appealing- I just can't break away from buying a West-side elk tag though! Wish that one was "any tag" like some are!

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"

#77259 - 12/07/03 10:10 PM Re: Disabled Elk Permit
tks Offline
Fry

I appreciate the info and replies. I'll let you know how it goes.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |