Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#775582 - 07/30/12 07:46 PM Road Warrior
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/california-the-road-warrior-is-here/?singlepage=true

Our Version

Sometimes, and in some places, in California I think we have nearly descended into Miller’s dark vision — especially the juxtaposition of occasional high technology with premodern notions of law and security. The state deficit is at $16 billion. Stockton went bankrupt; Fresno is rumored to be next. Unemployment stays over 10% and in the Central Valley is more like 15%. Seven out of the last eleven new Californians went on Medicaid, which is about broke. A third of the nation’s welfare recipients are in California. In many areas, 40% of Central Valley high school students do not graduate — and do not work, if the latest crisis in finding $10 an hour agricultural workers is any indication. And so on.

Our culprit out here was not the Bomb (and remember, Hiroshima looks a lot better today than does Detroit, despite the inverse in 1945). The condition is instead brought on by a perfect storm of events that have shred the veneer of sophisticated civilization. Add up the causes. One was the destruction of the California rural middle class. Manufacturing jobs, small family farms, and new businesses disappeared due to globalization, high taxes, and new regulations. A pyramidal society followed of a few absentee land barons and corporate grandees, and a mass of those on entitlements or working for government or employed at low-skilled service jobs. The guy with a viable 60 acres of almonds ceased to exist.

Illegal immigration did its share. No society can successfully absorb some 6-7 million illegal aliens, in less than two decades, the vast majority without English, legality, or education from the poorer provinces of Mexico, the arrivals subsidized by state entitlements while sending billions in remittances back to Mexico — all in a politicized climate where dissent is demonized as racism. This state of affairs is especially true when the host has given up on assimilation, integration, the melting pot, and basic requirements of lawful citizenship.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#775584 - 07/30/12 07:55 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: RowVsWade]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Enron ruined California's economy almost all by themselves...and that was caused by energy deregulation, not too much regulation.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#775585 - 07/30/12 08:04 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah California definately needs more progressive thinkers like you along with more regulation...

Enron was barely a drop in the bucket, make that a drop in an Olympic sized swimming pool compared to the real problems California is and has faced but ignored and continues to ignore.

#775587 - 07/30/12 08:11 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: RowVsWade]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

No, what we need are a bunch more clowns and buffoons like you to watch it happen right in front of their fuckin faces, and then claim that exactly the opposite happened and that we need exactly more of exactly what fukked it up in the first place.

Fish on...

Todd

#775588 - 07/30/12 08:12 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Or, to not watch it happen, or know jackshit about it, but to read what right wing dingbats have to say about it on some stupid blog, when they're the ones who fuckked it up in the first place, and accept it hook, line, and sinker because reading right wing horseshit is easier than thinking, and fun to boot.

Fish on...

Todd

#775591 - 07/30/12 08:16 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_electricity_crisis

(annotated with things like facts, and sources, unlike the crap you posted)

Fish on...

Todd

#775598 - 07/30/12 08:33 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

If by Enron you mean Mexicans and by doing it all by itself you mean with progressive free-thinkers like yourself I agree.

Otherwise your "it's all Enron or Bush or evil corporations fault" bullsh it is just that...bullsh it.

Californias problem is that it's run by dipsh!ts like you.

Enron caused plenty of trouble but it didn't single-handedly bring down one of the largest economies in the world. That dubious honor rests on the back of gutless, progressive, 'free thinkers', La Raza and the simple fact the your utopian ideals have been tried and are failing.

You can holler and cry all you want but your liberal fantasies are crumbling right in front of Californias eyes and blaming conservatives for the failure of that liberal playground is laughable, expected but laughable.

The wikipedia citation was a nice touch, or should I say a desperate reach.

#775602 - 07/30/12 08:47 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Hank--- Of course it has nothing to do with Enron but progressive panty sniffers never miss a chance to blame anything or anybody but themselves (the real cause).

While Todd stamps his wittle feet and yells even louder at his monitor while throwing out little gems like this....

"No, what we need are a bunch more clowns and buffoons like you to watch it happen right in front of their fuckin faces, and then claim that exactly the opposite happened and that we need exactly more of exactly what fukked it up in the first place."

rofl Somebody buy Todd a mirror please.....

#775611 - 07/30/12 09:07 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Well, Hell......let me throw this in the mix.....I'm sure you've never heard of it before......but.......California will be declared "too big to fail" and then us Wrinkled people up here and farmers in Iowa and everyone else will be bailing out that state full of liberals. Bank it.

#775612 - 07/30/12 09:17 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yeah, you're right. It's the same ones who ruined the economy, made all the banks fail, destroyed billions in retirement funds, spilled oil in the Gulf, and is causing global climate change.

Mexicans.

You guys are fuckin brilliant.

If we just got rid of regulations we could let the "free market" and the trustworthy big banks fix everything, 'cuz that's been working so fuckin good so far, except for letting the Mexicans foul it all up.

Fish on...

Todd

#775615 - 07/30/12 09:30 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

rofl

Now enron spilled oil and is the root cause of "GLOBAL WARMING". They're probably behind all those dead pitbulls in the story too...huh?

To ignore the illegal problem shows you have not a clue, which doesn't surprise many of us coincidentally.

For a 'guy' that thinks so highly of himself you prove what a phvcking idiot you are.

#775616 - 07/30/12 09:34 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: RowVsWade]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

No, dumbass. Mexicans did it all.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Not blaming everything in the world on Mexicans is not ignoring them, it's called "not being a fuckin idiot".

#775618 - 07/30/12 09:40 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

To ignore that they have played a major role in California shows you are a complete fuckin idiot.

You tried and failed on this thread, proved again that you are a fuckin idiot, and now are left without anything but sarcasm.

#775620 - 07/30/12 09:47 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Let me see if I get this, California is going broke, and it's the Mexicans' fault. Uh-huh, that makes sense. In that case, the obvious solution is to give California back to Mexico. Every place in the state has Mexican names anyway.

#775621 - 07/30/12 09:54 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Salmo g.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Let me see if I get this, California is going broke, and it's the Mexicans' fault. Uh-huh, that makes sense. In that case, the obvious solution is to give California back to Mexico. Every place in the state has Mexican names anyway.

Apparently Todd thinks so. Millions of illegal titt-suckers does tend to drain an empty system. Does that make sense Salmo?

Give the state back to Mexico, La Raza thinks it belongs to them anyway, but it'll sure as hell make Oregon more uncomfortable. Eventually that cancer'll spread to Washington more so then it has now.

#775627 - 07/30/12 10:28 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yeah, when I point out that you are retarded if you think it's the Mexicans fault, that means I want to give California back to Mexico.

That makes as much sense as when I point out that it was, in all probability, that Mexicans are also responsible for global climate change, the banking meltdown, the disappearance of billions and billions in retirement funds, not to mention the Gulf oil spill, and I'm being sarcastic and clearly too clever by half for your retarded self to understand, what I really mean is that Enron is causing global warming.

You're on a roll tonight, RvW...usually your just kinda dumb and entertaining, tonight you're full on stupid as a box of rusty hammers with busted handles.

Fish on...

Todd

#775629 - 07/30/12 10:31 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

I'd not be inclined to give CA back but it doesn't surprise me that Salmo sees that as the only solution. His defeatist attitude is even apparent in his feable attempt at sarcasm.

He comes running (or biking) to Todds' aid like a silent whistle was blown for a dog...

#775634 - 07/30/12 10:46 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: RowVsWade]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Now you're just showing off just how stupid you can be.

No more...you win!

Fish on...

Todd

#775640 - 07/30/12 11:22 PM Re: Road Warrior [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
..usually your just kinda dumb

Nice one Einstein. rofl

rofl

You've bobbed and weaved, diverted and obfuscated, done everything you can but you still haven't made a case for Enron being the reason California is bankrupt. Nice try but you have completely failed.

I always know that you'll respond to any post that has anything, remotely to do with liberals, fags and now California. You have proven (again) that you like nothing better than to hear yourself talk/type and have virtually nothing to offer to a debate.

Now go on and tell us how Enron caused what we see today (11yrs later) in California, defend illegals, over-spending, over-regulation, over-taxation, etc and try and do it with a straight face.

Usually you're so fuckin stupid I ignore you but since this was my thread I felt obligated to respond to your stupidity. I've read your sh!t too long to know there is no convincing you that you're a fuckin clueless progressive that spent too much time getting an 'education' only to never use it.

It's a shame how much mommy and daddy spent on your education only to have you (and them) waste it online. You really could have done something, anything with your life.

So yeah I win. I have won pretty much all my life with everything I've done and have a hard time identifying with folks like you...you're a loser....probably always will be. That's why you can't STFU as evidenced by your post count, incessant ranting and raving and...well your station in life.

In any case have a good night and I'll 'see ya tomorrow'.

#775657 - 07/31/12 01:17 AM Re: Road Warrior [Re: RowVsWade]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

". . . incessant ranting and raving . . ."

This couldn't possibly be a case of pot meet kettle.

RVW, it's hard to blame the Mexicans for taking advantage of any good deal offered by California or any other state or country. If clueless progressive attributes are the problem, I suppose you think your clueless regressive attributes would be a solution? You seem sufficiently far right, in a Limbaugh-esque sort of way, to be unable to see that neither the far right nor far left have the necessary common sense to solve any problems, except their own, temporarily, at someone else's expense.

And defeatist attitude? You gotta' be kiddin'. I'm the modern day Polly Anna. While your cup is half empty, and Todd's is half full, mine is positively over-flowing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (_WW_), 1131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |