Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#775417 - 07/29/12 03:09 PM Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Caught an older Arima with older Evenrude outboards, stealing my crabs yesterday, Almost to them at ramming speed, and they dropped the pots and took off, Chased them almost to Gig Harbor, They where abit faster, and we had a youngone onboard. If you chose to steal someone's property, First you need to decide if the risk is greater then the reward. If I can catch you I can bet it will not be. Please come back for seconds, I am waiting

#775418 - 07/29/12 04:08 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
I have had my pots cleaned out several times this year.
What a bunch of losers.

#775424 - 07/29/12 04:53 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Divers]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

I will be on the lookout for that POS.

#775444 - 07/29/12 07:54 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Blktailhunter]
Justfishin Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellevue
I have a friend that sometimes leaves his pots for a over night soak and the pots were cleaned out more than 4 times and even stole a few of his bait containers (which were clipped on very good) before dropping the pots back in.

#775448 - 07/29/12 08:35 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Justfishin]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
I was over on the Hood Canal. Same thing, not only did they check my pot, but moved it 30ft shallower and took the bait and disconected the trailing bouy.
I found it at this low tide. Luckily a friendly boat came over to say I was crabbing rather shallow?

No keeper crab or chinook for me today.

#775449 - 07/29/12 08:36 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: slabhunter]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I have also had my pots pulled more than once this year. Pisses me off after all the time, effort, and costs to get out crabbing to get jacked by some dishonorable POS.

#775454 - 07/29/12 09:35 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Sky-Guy]
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia
I stopped crabbing a couple of years ago when somebody stole my really nice stainless steel pots out of Port Townsend Bay. They were presents to me, worth a lot of money, and it made me sick to my stomach when it happened.

I can't deal with crabbing now. Just pisses me off that people are like that. I hear about it too much. Good luck to anyone who is taking on the scumbags head on. Life's too short for me to do something that makes me angry. Same reason I gave up golf!

#775455 - 07/29/12 10:00 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: OlyFishin]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: OlyFishin
Same reason I gave up golf!

Someone was stealing your golfs ball out on the course?

Haven't heard that one before.....

Come on man, just admit it that you shanked the T-shot off the fairway and out of bounds!

laugh

#775456 - 07/29/12 10:04 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: The Moderator]
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

It was the part about doing something that made me angry. Golf was the frustrating game I EVER played.

#775457 - 07/29/12 10:12 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: OlyFishin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
SkyGuy and I had our pots picked...we left them at 9pm on Friday night, and on Saturday morning at 5am we were already too late...even the bait was gone in a couple of them. Two pots that weren't picked...keepers. Two pots that were picked...empty of crabs and bait.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#775459 - 07/29/12 10:34 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Todd]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Empty of turkey legs and bones here on the Canal. Took my trailing bouy off the pot near the mouth of the Skokomish.

#775463 - 07/29/12 11:06 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Do you eat the worms too ? eek

- Albert Einstein.

#775464 - 07/29/12 11:10 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: ]
wolverine Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
I stopped using pots years ago. All that I use anymore are rings. 2 people, 4 rings. By the time the 4th ring is down its time to pull the first one. Never takes long to get limits.

#775467 - 07/29/12 11:21 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: ]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

That is where I'm going wrong. I drop pots on the way to troll for salmon. Return to the GPS spots to retain my gear.

Perhaps the scumbag will feed the crabs in the near future. His or her time will come...

#775496 - 07/30/12 01:42 AM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: ]
Mukl Offline
Alevin

Not trying to start anything here...but if you have any way of singling out this Arima it would help. I've been out off the claybanks before and it looked like an Arima commercial. It's kind of a neat site to see a local company with that kind of following.

Anyhow...there's some good people out there in Arima's...I'll bet the good ones could identify the perpetrator.

#775497 - 07/30/12 01:55 AM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Met'lheadMatt
Caught an older Arima with older Evenrude outboards, stealing my crabs yesterday, Almost to them at ramming speed, and they dropped the pots and took off, Chased them almost to Gig Harbor, They where abit faster, and we had a youngone onboard. If you chose to steal someone's property, First you need to decide if the risk is greater then the reward. If I can catch you I can bet it will not be. Please come back for seconds, I am waiting

An Arima was a bit faster? What where you driving...lol

- Albert Einstein.

#775499 - 07/30/12 02:15 AM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Sol Duc]
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Hey, my Arima is fast. Faster than my friend's Livingston, at least.

#775502 - 07/30/12 10:22 AM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: OlyFishin]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I was making 24 the other day with 2 fat guys and my buddy Steve in my SeaChaser with a 50merc. On a good day (like yesterday) we were screaming across the sound at 26.9

#775504 - 07/30/12 10:23 AM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: OlyFishin]
Take-Down Offline
Juvenile at Sea

How many of you guys who are getting your pots picked are using a zip tie on the door(s)? It's cheap and it makes it perfectly clear whether someone else opened your pot while you were away. More importantly, the doors sometimes accidentally pop open when the pot hits the bottom if they are not closed well--especially the cheap square Danielson pots which catch a lot of crab but don't stay shut great. I'm sure I'll get pilfered someday but I've crabbed for several years now and never pulled up a pot with a broken zip tie.

#775515 - 07/30/12 12:03 PM Re: Watch your crab pots on westside of Vashon Is [Re: Take-Down]
HookedUp Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Low Road
2nd time in 2 outings that Ive had pots stripped of bait and crab. Never happened until this year.... south of Muk launch. First time out had 6 of 8 pots raped, they were in overnight.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bob, Mike Abbott
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645451 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |