THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#787915 - 09/23/12 09:58 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! ***** [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Coyotes eat neighborhood cats, should we kill all local coyotes?

I'm doing the best can, Jeeze...

#787917 - 09/23/12 10:01 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Salmonella]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Loc: Kitsap, WA
Damn Sam. What did you do?! That is a mess of yotes. bow

#787919 - 09/23/12 10:03 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Coyote drive.

I'd like to stay & chat but duty calls.........

#787922 - 09/23/12 10:07 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Coyotes eat neighborhood cats, should we kill all local coyotes?

I'd prefer to kill all the cats. Considering the damage they do.......only lesbians and douchebag liberals (but I repeate myself) would oppose such a plan.

Another dipstick predaphobe, who would have guessed?

#787923 - 09/23/12 10:07 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Ketaman
Hey coyotes are nice and cute not like the big bad wolves. I have a local pack coyotes near my place and yes they have killed my cats and harassed my dogs, but I have not gone out and killed them. The WDFW said go for it as did local sheriff's dept. They even suggested the SSS. The option is open and maybe some day as an act of depredation I might. Just not yet. When I moved here I told my children, "No, we cannot shoot all the critters". We did not move to the "country" to kill every nuisance animal. That said I have had 3 bears trapped by the state and removed with a one month period. They were a real menace around the yard.

I grew up on the other side of the mountains in pow dunk central worshington. I am not a liberal or sheeple either. I can think for myself thanks. thumbs

Maybe a PETA site would be more to your liking.....although this site is quickly resembling said site.

SSS isn't necessary when it's perfectly legal...unless you like dresses and play with dolls. So in your case shi.tting, sniveling, and snotting might be your best course of action when faced with a Coyote.

Bless your heart.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#787926 - 09/23/12 10:12 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

grin

#787927 - 09/23/12 10:13 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Your funny. Nice sense of humor. rofl

#787928 - 09/23/12 10:19 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: redhook
what does Wolf taste like?

Possum...not chicken.

#787931 - 09/23/12 10:27 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 10:27 PM)

#787935 - 09/23/12 10:39 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
maybe if the wolfs they planted where of the same sub-species as was here before it might be better but they brought in Canadian wolfs that are larger and hunt in bigger packs.

#787938 - 09/23/12 10:58 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Hank I wood but the school would consider it a weapon. grin

#787956 - 09/24/12 09:46 AM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: larryb]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: larryb
we killed all the wolfs in the past for good reason and should now to for the same reasons.

That thought is just way too simple. Right on, but way too simple. After we spend a few Million on studies and the studies about the studies, and then re-introduce them......we have what? What we started out with before all the studies!

Wolves and people don't mix.......geez, that's a really tough one.

#787976 - 09/24/12 05:49 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ParaLeaks]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Anybody want to explain how wolves in the woods makes our lives better? 20 words or less.

Coyotes have taken a toll on my turkeys this year so far. I hunt an area out to about a mile from my house. Usually take a few per year, and leave the bodies along trails leading to our property. These guys seem to be smarter this year, as I have zero.zero to date.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#787982 - 09/24/12 06:11 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Dogfish]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Hey Andy, nice seeing you this weekend and thanks for sucky aim with the PBG smile

Wolves help facilitate the natural selection process of the wild game they stalk and eat...thinning weak or old animals from the herd. I think that reason alone is enough of one to keep them around.

Now if they become accustomed to killing off a farmers herd, they could trapped and relocated versus killing them...IMO.

#787987 - 09/24/12 06:23 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Sky-Guy]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

The bottom line is these cattle being eaten are on public range land, the question is should our wildlife be manged for the advantage of big game hunters and cattle ranchers grazing cattle on public land?
My reaction is if you don't want your cattle eaten by wolfs, then take better care of them, and as for big game hunters, they are always looking for a reason to blame for their lack of success as a hunter.

#787989 - 09/24/12 06:38 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Illahee]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
In Utopia wolves are great, I love them and love watching them and think the wild is more real with them in it. However In an eco system where man has penned up the prey onto islands of habitat the wolf is at a distinct advantage and does not fit into a balanced management plan. Yellowstone is a perfect study for what will happen.

#787993 - 09/24/12 06:47 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Wish I had a couple of feral cat eating Coyotes hereabouts. I enjoy the
Quail's antics about the garden. A pair had 15 chicks a while back and
now they're down to 7. Feral Cats are the culprits.
I like cats, have had as many as 3 once. However, they were house
cats and not turned out to roam and do what cats do in the outdoors.
If the government leases OUR public lands to ranchers the cost to the
rancher ought to include predator control if needed. Personally I would
rather have the Wolves out there in the National Forests than cattle/
The wolves don't trash the streams and wetlands as do free range
cattle.

eddie, I find myself in agreement with your stance. Egad.

#787994 - 09/24/12 06:49 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Us and Them]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
In Utopia wolves are great, I love them and love watching them and think the wild is more real with them in it. However In an eco system where man has penned up the prey onto islands of habitat the wolf is at a distinct advantage and does not fit into a balanced management plan. Yellowstone is a perfect study for what will happen.

Ah you were aware that wildlife bio's are calling the reintroduction of wolfs into Yellowstone a success?
The only ones claiming it is a failure are knuckledraggers who don't know their a$$ from a plate of peas.
Just sayin.

#788000 - 09/24/12 07:04 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Illahee]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Thats a good one. Yellowstone is an epic failure on all levels the only thing Yellowstone is good for is a case study on what not to do. They can say what they want the wolves do not stay on the island and are wiping out Elk herds off of it.

#788005 - 09/24/12 07:17 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Hey Andy, nice seeing you this weekend and thanks for sucky aim with the PBG smile

Wolves help facilitate the natural selection process of the wild game they stalk and eat...thinning weak or old animals from the herd. I think that reason alone is enough of one to keep them around.

Now if they become accustomed to killing off a farmers herd, they could trapped and relocated versus killing them...IMO.

Nice seeing you too Ryley.

23 words. Fail. ( wink ) Aren't there bears, coyotes and cougars out there already providing that service? I don't see where we need more culling and competition in the different wild game herds. Their introduction may displace the prey that other predators eat, having an additional impact on other animals as an unintended consequence.

All sides agree, once they start killing livestock, they don't stop, so transplanting them only moves the problem to someone else's back yard.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 941 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645401 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |