Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#791003 - 10/09/12 11:02 AM Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

The Republican ticket appears to be upside down....

My father wasn’t a big hunter, but some of his friends were, and (they) were the ones who took me out and were my mentors,” said Ryan. “I started with rabbits, ducks and pheasant before getting into deer hunting. I worked mowing lawns when I was a kid to save money to buy a shotgun and bought a Browning BPS 20-gauge for pheasants. I still have it.”

Ryan admits his hunting schedule has taken a hit thanks to adult life.

“I hunted more before we had kids, and then after that it dropped off quite a bit. I’ll schedule some morning hunts on weekends when I can and then work in the afternoons if I have to or will be with the family. During the firearms season, I’ll take a little more time to schedule some trips. I’ll hunt with my pistol in the morning from my bow stands, and then rifle hunt in the afternoons with one of our kids. We have some two-man ladder stands, and (the children) really enjoy going with me. I bought our daughter a Winchester Model 70 in .243 for Christmas so she can start hunting with me. Wisconsin lowered the hunting age, and she’s excited. The kids love hunting and being with me in the stand. We have a great time.”

At the end of the interview, Ryan is asked, “Do they ever serve venison at the Capitol?”

“No, they don’t. But at home I prepare my own venison and sausage. I have some big chest freezers in the basement for my pheasants, ducks, deer and other game. My family is used to eating wild game. But they don’t in D.C. That’s foreign to them.”

Ryan also has an A rating from the National Rifle Association. Among other pro-gun legislation, he voted “yes” on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which prohibits reckless lawsuits against firearms manufacturers; “yes” on National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity; “yes” on the D.C. Personal Protection Act to grant gun rights to Washington, D.C. residents; and “yes” on the Affordable Reloaded Munitions Supply Act to rescind the ban on sales of used military brass to civilians.

Me thinks he has a tad more hunting & gun handling skills than that embarassment to our sport Dick Cheney.

blush

#791015 - 10/09/12 11:47 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Salmonella]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Me thinks you have that Cheney bit right on.

#791072 - 10/09/12 07:31 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Illyrian]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Yep Ole dead eye Dick, quite the hunter he is!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#791452 - 10/11/12 09:52 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Biden with the mid-sentence tea baggin

#791463 - 10/11/12 10:10 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Biden is an angry asshat

#791469 - 10/11/12 10:25 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
I liked Ryan's response to Uncle Joe busting out the 47% comment of Romneys: "I'm sure the VP knows that the words don't always come out right."

#791473 - 10/11/12 10:36 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
I'm sure the intelligence community loved being thrown under the bus by VP Biden early on in the debate too.

#791474 - 10/11/12 10:43 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Who cares about the abortion issue chuckarooni ? 23 million people are out of work we have a mountain of debt to worry about. Abortion is in the courts and will bounce around for another generation what Romney and Obama think about it are moot.

#791475 - 10/11/12 10:45 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Biden tosses the intel under the bus on Labia but said ghey will make the correct call on Iran and the bomb. He is the tool shed not just a tool.

AM it will come down to women voters and we know how they think. Which one would you shag?

Edited by Tom Joad (10/11/12 10:46 PM)

#791478 - 10/11/12 10:49 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Women have their minds made up on abortion and could care less right now what their opinion Is. They know the price of food , energy and everything else in their life has gone through the roof in the past 4 years and will continue if nothing is done. The ones that put the abortion issue in front of that suck.

#791484 - 10/11/12 11:04 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

So you are ok with women smoking drinking and doing drugs while they are pregnant? You would never tell a woman slamming tequila shots in a bar with a baby bump what you think?

#791490 - 10/11/12 11:25 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

What people think is right and wrong is the basis of all of our laws. When something is a hot potato all if the sudden they want to go neutral. I say chuckles is full if shat I say if chuckles little girl is in the stirrups and he has seen his grand kids heart beat I guarantee you he has an opinion and he voices it.

#791491 - 10/11/12 11:28 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Bonemeal said twice that the presidents number one responsibility is the defense of the US and the troops. It is not his number one responsibility is to uphold the constitution. He does not even know what he is supposed to be doing.

#791494 - 10/11/12 11:32 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Biden is a seasoned politician of many years, his presentation came across exactly as it should have, minus the sneers and smirks.
The substance of what the two men discussed will unlikely change the minds of those locked into their firm political beliefs.
Again, I believe Biden scored on sheer presentation.
Ryan's inexperience was visible IMHO.

#791517 - 10/12/12 02:08 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
HELLO? I love it when men tell us women what we're supposed to think.

BOOM! There it is ...

Joad ... you, like Ryan have no clue.

I would have smoked this debate tonight personally rofl

All the gop WH candidates over the last 30 years have had the same position on abortion.
Single women favor democrats. Married women favor republicans. Abortion has dropped in importance to voters. In order for it to become an issue, Democrats like Stephanopolis began challenging republicans during the primaries, out of the blue. First about birth control. The only one who fell for it was Santorum. Democrats dont want to lose the Scotus decision, because then the states would have the right to make their own laws. That doesnt fit in centralize govt control. Neither does the 10th amendment, or religious freedom. Hense 501c3 churches are breaking the law on purpose, so they can go to court and get a ruling. LBJ sponsored the amendment to restrict political speech on 501C3 orgs.

If romney or ryan, rolled on the abortion position, the church go'ers would stay home and they would lose. If your base stays home, it doesnt matter what you pick up in the middle. Democrats dont normally cross over on abortion. They just focus on other issues.

Edited by Fast and Furious (10/12/12 02:10 AM)

#791554 - 10/12/12 11:52 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
If the republican party would soften their stance on one single issue, abortion, they would see a much higher level of support across the country.

I know it is a simplistic view, but if they were to acknowledge that Row V Wade is the law of the land, that there is little chance (none) of changing it, and that it is a private decision to be left up to each individual they would capture many of the folks in the middle like me.

What turns me off to the R party has beens this slow growth of religious chest pounding over time, which generally leads to the abortion topic. Religion should be a private matter that stays in one's own home. Abortion should be the same. Nobody is forcing anyone to get abortions, or to be a certain religion. Sadly the current party leadership is too stupid to realize this.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#791556 - 10/12/12 12:00 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

So if a candidate came along and had all the answers to the countries problems and could fix it all you would not vote for him if he was pro life and overtly religious? I have yet to see either issue effect a presidency either way but everyone is paranoid about it.

#791559 - 10/12/12 12:29 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

It has not hurt presidential candidates, but it does slim down the choices being offered. Some posters just need to admit that people with deep faith, see abortion as murder and do not believe woman should have the choice to murder an unborn child. Especially with public money and especially when the child could survive outside the womb. Republicans lose votes from Christians who oppose abortion, under any circumstances.
You cannot please everyone. It also shows, that one issue voters will sacrifice many other issues, as long as the single issue is supported.
I guess if abortion is more important than your level of income, then you should vote for democrats. Higher taxes and more regulation are the cost of that position.

#791561 - 10/12/12 12:42 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Fast and Furious]
Tunacanner Offline
Parr

Joe Biden was disrespectful to the moderator, Paul Ryan and the debate process……Looked and sounded just like the angry liberal that he is. I know he had to come out strong after the failure of the Obomination, but at least respect the process.

#791578 - 10/12/12 01:30 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
The problem with religion and politics isn't so much that the Republicans are 'chest pounding' it's that the democrats have become so anti-religion. The dems' militant anti-religion stance has taken over the party and just the mere mention of God throws them into seizures.

I don't expect an atheist to pray with me but I also won't allow them to silence me. Their right not to believe DOES NOT trump my right TO believe.

Back on topic my 10 yr old son watched a little of the debate and commented what a disrespectful jerk Biden appeared. He thought laughing at the other guy (Ryan) and interupting would not be tolerated in his classroom.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 838 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |