LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#801141 - 11/18/12 09:45 PM Powell Signature and South Bend Values????
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Hello, I have a Powell Signature DF 90-2L line 5-6 in excellent condition, with the original Powell rod sock and Brown metal tube with the Powell label on it in excellent condition. Just wondering a value...
I also have a South Bend bamboo model #59 9 ft 3p with 2nd tip in original rod sock with South Bend label and inspection by #, in excellent condition. Just wondering a value....
I also have a Montigue 3p with 2nd tip, in sock, but it only has the label and no other info in above average condition, Cork abit dirty. Just wondering a value for this also

Thanks, Matthew

#801225 - 11/19/12 11:49 AM Re: Powell Signature and South Bend Values???? [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Matt,
I know nothing about bamboo rod values. If you google "bamboo fly rod forums" you'll find a couple of good ones that should be able to help you establish a value.

Not sure about the Powell either. I have one of their rods as well. I think they still make fly rods but have gotten into bass rods as well and only sell direct.
They made some great fly sticks back in the day.

SF

#801247 - 11/19/12 12:52 PM Re: Powell Signature and South Bend Values???? [Re: stonefish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Matt,

I think the abundance of good quality low priced rods from off shore sources depresses the value of all but the highest end American rods. The Powell could fetch $100 if you find a buyer who's looking for that brand. Many Powell rods are available at closeout discount prices through STP and the like. That will make it harder to obtain a really good price.

The South Bend is a good rod and would probably fetch $200 if the condition is excellent. Like Stonefish mentioned, check the Classic Fly Rods forum. It's probably the best source on bamboo rod values.

Personally, I've never seen a Montigue that isn't junk as far as casting goes, but the demand for bamboo has Montigues going for $100 - $125, or at least asking that, all the time on E-bay. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one just to cut it up and make bamboo bodkins and so forth out of it, but I don't have the appreciation for that end of the market that some apparently do.

Sg

#802263 - 11/22/12 09:10 PM Re: Powell Signature and South Bend Values???? [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Stam,
Nice find for sure. No idea what the rod you have is worth.
A quick post on one of those forums will likely give you an idea of the value.
SF

#802537 - 11/23/12 11:50 PM Re: Powell Signature and South Bend Values???? [Re: stonefish]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Stam here is a link to a fiberglass fly rod site I like, it gets lots of traffic.

Glass guys crossover to cane too.

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/index.php

c/22

#803025 - 11/26/12 06:00 PM Re: Powell Signature and South Bend Values???? [Re: chrome/22]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

It's a Press Powell. Not your modern day junk. In like new condition. Thanks for your time

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1339 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |