THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#339402 - 03/13/07 02:40 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? * [Re: cupo]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: cupo
 Originally Posted By: SundayMoney
This place used to be the best,but now it has too much of the high school clique crap going on.

IIRC I originally joined back in 2001 (had to re-register in '04). I used to post all the time but now its gotten to where I only stop by every couple weeks.

If you like the non-stop barrage of BS from a few members its great I guess. Its just not for me anymore.

Ditto.

Nice edit job. You mentioned the inflated "ego" of a few prolific members in your original post. I think you mistake ego for showmanship or style. Personally, I've all but quit posting photos due to the "shamless self-promotion" label a few of you non-contributing members have waived my direction. In my opinion its the nay-sayers and lurkers that don't contribute anything but complaint mail and discontent that devalue PP. Join the frey, go fishing, post some pictures or reports and elbow your way into the "clique" as you call it.

And I'll take responcibility for my contribution to the "non-stop barrage of BS," since that statment obviously implicates me. I appologize to anyone who has taken such activity as anything more than a humorous aside. For what it's worth I can tell you I recieve dozens of comments commending me for my sense of humor for every comment I hear like yours.

#339675 - 03/14/07 03:40 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Sol]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Just a couple thoughts about this subject:

Earn the right to be heard. Meaning, take it a little slow at first, elbow your way in as was already said, be yourself and you'll be just fine and have a good time.

Everyone here has one thing in common, we love to fish. That's it. You are never gonna like everyone, nor should you have to. You shouldn't agree all the time either. So who cares and so what if you don't like something, get offended, or offend someone else. Move on, there is always more to come.

I look at the other boards from time to time but have never "signed up" or posted. They seem a little bland for me. This is what I like and where I fit. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I like Bob and Corey and Bob has shown me many good fishing techniques. Although that does help.

#339679 - 03/14/07 04:32 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Addicted]
Brother Dave Offline
Smolt

Loc: Alaska
I can't believe some of you even pretend you welcome newcomers. Maybe you do, if they step in line and cower for a while. Otherwise, they get to fight their way in.

Say what you think, and don't need to be PC? Right....

Only the new guys here have to watch what they say, and play nice. The regular 'pack' gets to jump on 'em at will.

Still not sure why TBird makes so many homosexual comments, either, now that I recall my first few posts here....

#339681 - 03/14/07 04:38 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Addicted]
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I will echo Bob's post in that this is an interesting thread. So interesting in fact that this is my first post here in quite a while.

I was new to salmon fishing when I moved to Washington and first started looking for help. Because I grew up hunting and fishing with friends, I thought this website would be a great resource for me to learn the local methods. I tried to contribute when I thought I could, but generally what I found was a bunch of arrogant a-holes (harsh, but true from a newbies perspective).

Now that I've lived in Washington for 10 years and have a bit of experience, I'm always eager to help newbies because I remember just how difficult it can be. This isn't the website for newbies.

If you like the girlie magazines and want to flip your buds some crap, this is the site for you. If you want to learn how to fish, go somewhere else.

Best fishing site in the NW? NO. A distant third. But that is just my opinion. Bob's opinion is the only one that matters.

#339694 - 03/14/07 10:27 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: ET]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
Considering the ego of the founder of one of these sites, I like this one the best. I have not read every entry on this thread, but I have discovered, you get out anything what you put into it. Usually you'll find that folks that gripe a lot about any organization put very little into it.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#339695 - 03/14/07 10:28 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: ET]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
Considering the ego of the founder of one of these sites, I like this one the best. I have not read every entry on this thread, but I have discovered, you get out of anything what you put into it. Usually you'll find that folks that gripe a lot about any organization put very little into it.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#339696 - 03/14/07 10:29 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: ET]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Tell ya what, I don't even live in Washington. I don't have any reports that matter for you. However, anytime anyone needs some info from my side of the mountains, I give it out.. and If I can I'll personelly be on the scene with an open seat or a hook up. On the other foot, I get over there once a year and fish with a bunch of these guys for a day and its always a great time. Lots of people on this board that I would love to spend a day with out on the water.

My wife is a pretty good judge of people. She did not really understand "why" I would need or want to go fishing with some guys I don't know. After a couple trips she tells me " I get it, these guys care and talk about the same things you do at home "

Hell, she thinks Stam is "cute" and concidered hooking him up the freak half Asain hottie she works with but decided he might be too " nice" for that

#339709 - 03/14/07 10:58 AM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Brother Dave]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
If a stranger walks up to a group of guys around a campfire and says something stupid he is going to get jumped on, sure, that's human nature. However, if his timing is right and he says something the others see as clever or funny he is accepted into the fold. This particular internet forum is no different.

Have you ever noticed that we (you, me, everyone) tend to have a higher tollerance for others when their politics agrees with our own? That's the real issue here. This site is run by a guy who lets the political climate equilibrate on it's own instead of arbitrating based on personal bias.

#339749 - 03/14/07 12:42 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: ]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Stam

Let's go over to Idaho and do a little fishin with B-Run.

We can have Sol write us up a little cheat sheet so we look like we know what we're doing. If sure for a little film he'd be happy to cooperate.

ps Someone send me a file or saw in a cake. I need to get out of here! Two weeks to go...

#339760 - 03/14/07 01:10 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: seastrike]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
 Quote:
I have no idea how to respond to any of this.

Here.......let me help.

"I'm NOT nice.........now hook me up with the freaky Asian chick."

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#339772 - 03/14/07 02:35 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

An online community is like any other. Having something to contribute usually results in being accepted into the community. This places a novice at a distinct disadvantage because he/she often knows very little about fishing and comes here in the first place hoping to learn. Maybe lurking for a little while is a more useful approach. I don't know; I just jumped in and never looked back. Bob even set up a section for us flyrodders. That seemed like a welcoming gesture.

#339782 - 03/14/07 03:19 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Salmo g.]
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
The two best things about PP IMHO:
1) The entertainment value: This is by far the funniest board out there. most of the dudes here are funny mofos
2) You post a report or a pic and you dont get 20 responses asking where you were, what rock you were standing on and the ounce of spoon you were using

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#339787 - 03/14/07 03:37 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: OPfisher]
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
Brother Dave, If you are looking for an answer to the homo comments, It just seems theres always one or two around that ring such a bell with me. Just callin it like I see it, Brother.

I'll give such people a pointer with this. You guys will be much more pleasant to have around if you're not irratable and grouchy from the sore throat you've received from not chewing your hot dogs.

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#339801 - 03/14/07 04:11 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
 Originally Posted By: AuntyM

It also helps if you don't post a picture of yourself without any pants on in a forum of mostly other men.

See Bucket, that's why you don't get any respect around here

Edited by NOFISH (03/14/07 04:13 PM)

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#339802 - 03/14/07 04:17 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: NOFISH]
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#339804 - 03/14/07 04:25 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: NOFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
If you like it here, stay here. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Pretty simple if you ask me. I've looked at other boards, and see they have their crew of regulars too, but they weren't for me. I don't biotch about it, I just don't play there. I like it here.

#339878 - 03/14/07 10:12 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: fish4brains]
El Guapo Offline
Alevin

Loc: South Sound
I troll all the boards and when i feel the urge to post something relevant , i do, i will not post to try to coerce people into thinking a certain way or post to run my post numbers up, I enjoy the boards, and hope to meet some of you along the rivers we all share. as for a favorite it varies for me.

#339891 - 03/14/07 11:07 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: El Guapo]
Spaltz Offline
Egg

Loc: Columbia Zone
I'm new here and would like to join in the hugfest. I think I can relate to this board. Fishing Stuff is about to ramp up, so I will post when I can.

#339897 - 03/14/07 11:28 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Spaltz]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
I'm here on the advice of my parole officer. She suggested I stay close to PP and other church-related activities.

#339899 - 03/14/07 11:41 PM Re: Best fishing board.. is PP the one? [Re: Mingo]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Brother Dave,
Don't waste your time with AunyM, she sounds like she might be fun to spar with, but she is a very sore looser.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Ben Scheele, gettnsnapper, Gottagofish, livn4fishn, rallymountain, stlhdr1, sumnerguy, XthericksterX
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645443 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |