Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#833236 - 04/07/13 01:45 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET *** [Re: DrifterWA]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
[quote=DrifterWA]Well !!!!!!

Dang DrifterWA,

I haven't even got it built yet. Guess I better get out in the shop and get it done today, take a picture and start a thread on the auction. It looks like it will go to a great cause.

Thank you for bidding,

fp

#833273 - 04/07/13 07:12 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: fp]
no fish10 Offline
Fry

I'll bid $100

#833295 - 04/07/13 10:16 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: no fish10]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

I now have the auction up for bids.

Looks like we have a couple of bidders already. WOW!!!!!

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...html#Post833294

Lets get the bids going.

fp

Edited by fp (04/07/13 10:29 PM)

#833766 - 04/11/13 12:45 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: fp]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Thought I would put this link up so all can view the Region 6 presentation to the Commission February 8, 2008 regarding the Chehalis Basin. It is interesting to say the least!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2tWjgmgVy3yNW5jbjV6ZE92VTA/edit

Also the link below is to a letter of June 6, 2012 addressing many of the issues associated with Grays Harbor and Chehalis Basin management to the Commission. Oh almost forgot, not one of the Commissioners responded.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2tWjg...bHdQeEEwQW5aOEE

Edited by Rivrguy (04/11/13 01:35 PM)

#833989 - 04/12/13 10:14 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Got the PC going again so it's time to figure out a closing date on the auction.

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...html#Post833294

Sunday April 14th at 9:00 P.M.

Remember, all the money goes to FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET.

Thanks,

fp

#834369 - 04/16/13 08:45 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: fp]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Well another thread running on seasons but I thought I would put some feathers on it here. Last night was the last advisers meeting and it had it's moments. Seems the NT commercial guys were unaware that the 14 day season proposed at NOF in Olympia went down to 7 and ............ ah..they did not take it well?

So as it stands now no 2 C or Hump netting. Chehalis bound Chinook limited things so if the NT's fish there it cuts back on Chehalis time.

Here is the Chehalis netting schedule for NT nets and keep in mind this does not include the QIN. Should work out with nets in the river 6 days a week for the month of October.

Chehalis with 25 % mortality on released wild ( unmarked ) Chinook. 25% mortality is from " soft data " not a study.

wk numbers
http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/weeknumbers-by-year.php

wk 40 / 0
wk 41 / 2
wk 42 / 1
wk 43 / 2
wk 44 / 2
wk 45 / 0
wk 46 / 0

Edited by Rivrguy (04/16/13 09:06 AM)

#834388 - 04/16/13 12:14 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Soft bite Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Central Park
Let me understand what just happened! At the end of NOF the WDFW imposed a season with 14 net days in 2A/2D and perhaps 5 days in 2C that were not shown at the meeting. Now it is 7 tangle net days in 2A/2D only.

At first I thought the gill netters realized the huge economic value of recreational fishing and gave up 12 days for the good of the community. Then Rivrguy said they did not know about the change until last night.

So did WDFW realize that the final NOF season was a mistake? Not a chance. Something good happened and I would guess we owe the rec advisors or a few in the rec community big time. This year has the potential to be the best recreational river fishery in years. A big thank you to those involved on our behalf.

#834475 - 04/16/13 06:23 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Soft bite]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Soft bite

Something good happened and I would guess we owe the rec advisors or a few in the rec community big time. This year has the potential to be the best recreational river fishery in years. A big thank you to those involved on our behalf.

As you are well aware, it can be a mundane, frustrating, maddening and often unrewarding process. This year was different, and the Chehalis chinook were saved from a potentially devastating net schedule. Not singing "Everything's Coming up Roses" just yet, but at least we finally got the pendulum to swing a bit in the other direction.

Thanks for noticing, SB.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#834486 - 04/16/13 08:19 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
That's good news.
Maybe the documentation on the website, a good turnout by recreationals, and the hard work of the advisors made a difference.
Thanks.

#834672 - 04/17/13 08:50 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Ken I Offline
Parr

Loc: soaking-wet Grays Harbor
Thank you all for your hard work and bullheadedness.
I was considering golfing in october until I heard that netting days got dialed back. You saved me from a life of suburbia. See you on the water.
Take Care,
Ken

#834917 - 04/18/13 09:37 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Ken I]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Front page of the Region 6 hometown paper....

http://thevidette.com/sections/news/loca...ife-agency.html

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#834950 - 04/18/13 11:45 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Excellent!
Rick

#836457 - 04/26/13 05:29 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
jordywan Offline
Egg

wow, new here thanks for all the info. I grew up on the eastside and had the privalige of fishing the upriver Chehalis for the fist time this winter. Found it very alarming every fish I landed was scarred by nets. eeeeek.

#836581 - 04/27/13 11:28 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: jordywan]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Several of us have been tracking the WAC process for both the commercial and recreational fisheries for the harbor and rivers. The link below is to a bit I did up on the FTC website that has a bunch of links in it that will allow you to see the current status of both. Rather interesting as neither the rec or commercial WAC's have been adopted by the Commission.

http://fishingthechehalis.publishpath.com/latest-greatest-well-latest

#837072 - 05/01/13 08:45 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Well the supplemental CR 102's were put out today with some on sports for coast bottom & PS. Nothing on Willapa / Grays Harbor commercial but I will do a link once it is posted on WDF&W's website. So here is all I have.

"We did not file anything today re: NOF WB/GH or NOF recreational salmon rules. The next filing deadline is May 22. We may be filing the NOF WB/GH CR-102 Supplemental then. We are still a few months away from filing the NOF recreational salmon CR-102.

Edited by Rivrguy (05/01/13 08:45 PM)

#837081 - 05/01/13 10:12 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Just checked with my source on the process. After filing the CR-102 they have to schedule a public hearing, take testimony, make a decision, file the CR-103, and 31 days later the regs are "legal".

This sure looks like the 2013 salmon seasons will be done by Emergency Reg. It also means that none of the salmon fisheries done in NOF that are in the pamphlet are actually real rules.

#837097 - 05/01/13 11:54 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Carcassman

It also means that none of the salmon fisheries done in NOF that are in the pamphlet are actually real rules.

Real rules?

Really?

I was under the impression the paper rec impacts have been spent and the season is a done deal, hence the move to go to final print after advisers were asked to help proofread for errors/typos a couple weeks ago.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#837106 - 05/02/13 12:55 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I am talking about what is actually a legal rule, meeting the requirements of the Administrative Procedures Act. What was agreed to, proofed, and all that may well be "correct", just not legal.

#837109 - 05/02/13 01:24 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
The "dog and pony show" continues in Region 6........

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#837139 - 05/02/13 09:46 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: DrifterWA]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

On sports regs the pamphlet reflects the regs BUT the sport fishing WAC has not been passed so WDF&W has been doing emergency rules to keep it straight sorta. Here is GH http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/emergency_rules/2013/wsr_13-10-024.pdf

Francis the bit you referred to has zero to do with the current WAC or the proposed supplemental. What the adviser's say or anything from North of Falcon IS NOT binding on WDF&W in fact they can just set and let the current CR 102 for commercials go to the commission for approval. http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development.html#13-01-064 or they can do a supplemental but either way it is the WAC not anything said or NOF speeches that sets law. As of now it is the current CR 102 that is linked above.

The sports WAC is the pamphlet, so to speak, but it does not match the WAC so the emergency and supplemental WAC's are needed to keep the pamphlet and WAC straight. More to come as each time a season or something is different from the 2012 WAC ( which is still running ) does not match the new pamphlet WDF&W will do something to be legal. Most likely supplemental but as CM said they can try a end run with an emergency WAC.

The problem WDF&W has is as DW said, NOF is a " dog & pony show " that never matched the WAC process which is the law. Commercial or sport the manner in which R-6 has done business for years can be seen easily be seen http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/registerfiling.aspx?cite=220-36-023 If you take the time it research it this is clear WDF&W has it's mind made up to as to impact numbers for marine sport / fresh water ( river ) / commercial and how much of harvest goes to who / where in February as they prepare the original notice in or around March dependent on the QIN agreement. Now they do move around on species, days, ect but in the end come close to the original numbers they post in the CR 102 which was March this year. http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/2012/wsr_13-01-064.pdf The CR 102 is the first break out on the commercial seasons is seldom much different than the permanent rule that the commission adopts and if it is requires a supplemental WSR filing. The rest that comes with NOF is pure BS as it means about zip.

So look at it this way on the GH / Willapa commercial WAC. If they post it May 22nd it has a 20 day comment period so we are at June 20th. The next meeting of the Commission would be July 5th as the May 22nd posting puts them one day past the Commission schedule http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings.html. Then the 31 day bit to take effect puts you to August at a minimum. Now if you are a believer in " Murphy's Law " then one could envision a scenario that backs WDF&W up to a time line that would leave few options for supplemental WAC for Willapa and GH so it is emergency rule time. http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/emergency_rules.html

Edited by Rivrguy (05/02/13 12:58 PM)

Page 7 of 203 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 202 203 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |